forum

The Strokes - Reptilia

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Hoplite_old
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on lunes, 18 de mayo de 2009 at 19:55:59

Artist: The Strokes
Title: Reptilia
BPM: 157,99
Filesize: 11671kb
Play Time: 03:34
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy (1,52 stars, 208 notes)
  2. Hard (4,75 stars, 448 notes)
  3. Insane (4,83 stars, 470 notes)
  4. Normal (2,13 stars, 229 notes)
Download: The Strokes - Reptilia
Download: The Strokes - Reptilia (no video)
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Hello everybody.

Well, this is my first beatmap package with four difficulties for The Stroke's Reptilia. It was submitted to the beatmap help first but it was horribly ignored and I didn't receive any type of help -_- So I put myself to work and I fixed a ton of beat malplacements and other stuff that I considered changing. With this, I just hope the beatmap is correctly done.
Thanks for your atention.

Submission 2: I've corrected the BPM and offset and added the videoclip. I hope it works all ok now.

18/05/09:

It has been almost a year since I started making the Reptilia map. I picked it up again and made some heavy changes to beat placement and offset. Tell me what you think about this new version ^^
Mifune24
Welcome to osu! Hope you enjoy your stay. :P

Not a bad attempt for your first beatmap. Not bad at all.

First off, you should change your BPM to 157.99 and your offset to 6,912. You'll have to do a lot of manual resnapping afterwards (and lower the slider velocity, at least on easy and normal.)

You can download a BPM analyzer here: http://osu.ppy.sh/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1707 It'll give you a ballpark estimate and make life a whole lot easier.
Topic Starter
Hoplite_old
Lots of thanks Mifune! I'll remember you as the first person helping me out! I'll get to work right away, let's see if this beatmap can go anywhere...
MaxwellDemon
I actually think the offset of 7,150 is okay, though 6,770 is preferred (though that is just me being extremely picky). :P
Lots of notes are unsnapped and lots of inconsistence beat spacing. :o

Refer to the FAQ for a little bit of detail: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13

Normal and easy seems to be reaaaally similar except for the difficulty changes. Try to add a bit more notes/beats on Normal, so it wouldn't follow the same design as easy does.

Hard seems a little unoriginal with the string of beats connected from 01:07:39. Try to add a few sliders, spinner or even a break if you can't come up with anything interesting in that section. XD

Other than that... fix the beats on the difficulties and I (or some other mods) will take a look at it again. XD
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.