forum

Choose whether or not slider TICKS have sounds... [waiting]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
YoshiKart
like whistles, finishes, and the other custom sounds.

Maybe something on the right in the editor that can specify the difference?

For beatmaps like mattyu007's Over the Distance, the "beeps and boops" are constant, and are sounding when each slider tick is passed, including the beginning and endings of sliders. At least that's what it should be doing.
Echo
Make a new blank file and call it normal-slidertick.wav or soft-slidertick.wav (or whatever the name is)?
LuigiHann
I think he's talking more about assigning "whistle" and "finish" sounds to the ticks themselves, which I do believe is part of peppy's planned advanced custom sounds options.
Echo
Oh.

I'm pretty sure that's planned, like luigi said.
Topic Starter
YoshiKart
OK, cool. Thanks, guys. ^_^
mattyu007
The ticks are supposed to sound like the start/end of the sliders during the soft booopey parts...
*waits for advanced custom sounds to be implemented*

Just a random question: Can I change things on ranked beatmaps like new custom sounds, etc?
Echo
No, you can't change ranked beatmaps.
peppy

Echo49 wrote:

No, you can't change ranked beatmaps.
Correct, but only if you change any element which will affect the score or replays. Custom sounds/storybaording are fine - just contact me by PM/IRC.
mattyu007
Cool!
Topic Starter
YoshiKart

mattyu007 wrote:

The ticks are supposed to sound like the start/end of the sliders during the soft booopey parts...
So, wait, do you mean that the boops/beeps are purposely sounded at the start/end of all sliders? I remember in Ouendan 1 that they all sounded on both the slider ticks and the slider ends.

Download: Silvertear - So Deep (Perfect Sphere Remix) (yeahyeahyeahhh).osb
mattyu007

YoshiKart wrote:

mattyu007 wrote:

So, wait, do you mean that the boops/beeps are purposely sounded at the start/end of all sliders? I remember in Ouendan 1 that they all sounded on both the slider ticks and the slider ends.
read carefully...I said that the slider ticks were supposed to sound like what the slider start and end points sound like...
Topic Starter
YoshiKart
Sorry. I misread it. :oops: