forum

Taiko no Tatsujin - Kita Saitama2000

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
aquabluu
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Saturday, June 21, 2008 at 5:49:22 PM

Artist: Taiko no Tatsujin
Title: Kita Saitama2000
BPM: 221.95
Filesize: 1895kb
Play Time: 01:59
Difficulties Available:
  1. Normal (4.13 stars, 205 notes)
  2. Hard (4.75 stars, 265 notes)
  3. Insane (4.97 stars, 355 notes)
Download: Taiko no Tatsujin - Kita Saitama2000
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Not to be confused with Saitama2000. This is a completely different song, but from the same series. Think of it as Namco putting Saitama on drugs. Well, it was tough as nails in Taiko no Tatsujin, but here, I wonder....

To download Taiko Oni(authentic) difficulty, click here
To download flyboy87's Taiko True Oni(custom) difficulty, click here
Edit1: Changed the background color
Edit2: Removed Taiko difficulty and retimed, will work on 'de-brutalizing' Insane map later
Edit3: Insane map is now easier(but still insane, of course, just not crazy impossible)
Edit4: Some miscallenous changes to timing and beats. Taiko difficulty reuploaded, but not in osz file
Edit5: more tweaks, suggested by buraimaster
qudfo9
That's cool one!

I was waiting for this song for little months after played Saitama2000.
MOOMANiBE
Hey there Aqua! Nice to see you doing more taiko maps. You've got a very nice map going here, and I'm not gonna get all nitpicky, but I definitely like how normal looks.

I wanted to mention that the timing for the part after the first break worries me. Your bpm and beat timing on Hard in particular has basically nothing to do with the song playing in the background. o_O;;
I'd suggest adding a new timing point (on all difficulties) after that break (I found 222.97 bpm and offset 59,240 to work the best) and syncing it up, and possibly remapping that part if nessecary. Just make it feel like it matches with the beat! It's important during such a fast part of the song. At the end of that segment, you can add a timing point with your original BPM again.

Also, to be entirely honest, that same post-first-break area, but on Insane.. I'm not sure it's actually passable. Maybe with a lot of practice, but even then only the top players would survive. And that's only half way through the song! I strongly suggest you either make that section less brutal, OR turn down the health drain on the song significantly so that you can pass it with a lot of misses.
While this area technically needs the new timing point as well, bogglingly enough it seems to match up with the beat as-is. Nevertheless, you should probably add that timing point for the sake of consistency.

Lastly, I wanted to mention that as long as the "taiko" difficulty is part of the osz, this song can't actually be ranked. Taiko mode is unranked and difficulties meant "only for taiko" therefore don't get ranked. You'd need to separate the Taiko difficulty from the "ranked" difficulties. I want to star this, but I'm reluctant to do so until that "Taiko" difficulty is gone. Move it out of your folder, re-upload, and I'll be happy to star you.
Topic Starter
aquabluu
To be honest, I have next to no idea how to time this beatmap. So many Taiko websites put Kita Saitama at bpm 222 or around there, but....
And, I'll remove Taiko difficulty posthaste
EDIT: Oh yeah, and congrats on getting to be a mod :D
Kai
BPM:110.00 with Beat snap at 1/8 or the one you have at 1/4 is your choice
Offset:seems fine
MOOMANiBE

aquabluu wrote:

To be honest, I have next to no idea how to time this beatmap. So many Taiko websites put Kita Saitama at bpm 222 or around there, but....
Just focus on getting that metronome to tick along with the song, other sources like bpm detectors can often muddle things. Tapping along to the song correctly at the start goes a long way, too.
It looks like Kai's gotten you a BPM, so go ahead and try that out.

aquabluu wrote:

And, I'll remove Taiko difficulty posthaste
Then you get a star, cause I like what you've got going and I know you're gonna keep workin' ^^

aquabluu wrote:

EDIT: Oh yeah, and congrats on getting to be a mod :D
Thanks! ^___^
Topic Starter
aquabluu
I tried both BPM's (omg 110 is half the original BPM!), I found moom's to be less troublesome, although it means more timing points. I'm not that used to the 1/8 snap divisor :?
MOOMANiBE

aquabluu wrote:

I tried both BPM's (omg 110 is half the original BPM!), I found moom's to be less troublesome, although it means more timing points. I'm not that used to the 1/8 snap divisor :?
Alrighty, so I've taken a brief look at the changes you've made (mainly focusing on BPM);

First of all, the "Main" BPM for the song; after a bit of messing around, I think that 221.95 (which is very close to your current bpm) seemed the most accurate, but with an offset of 15 rather than 5. Meaning, you should add 10 offset to all three timing points that use that bpm.

Next; You used the BPM I suggested, but not the offset, and as a result the timing is off on your fast sections. It should be offset 59,240, not 59,160. If you want the timing point to be earlier in the song, you need to make sure the offset is still starting in the right place that it sounds on beat. Oh, and your fourth timing point's offset should probably be 97,330.

I want to mention that you really need to be careful that your beats seem to be following the song and not just randomly timed during the fast sections in Hard and Insane. I suspect a large part of this is due to your offsets being wrong, but take a careful look at those fast sections afterwards and make sure they feel like they're not just strings of isolated beats.

Lastly, on the "new" insane: Nice! For the most part, it's much, MUCH more playable now, and I had a good time with it. However, one particular section is still bugging me:

01:48:63 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10) - This combo segment is probably one of the hardest to read parts of a song I've -ever- come across. It's like some cruel between a hatredcopter stream and a bunch of sliders. Now, you might be able to justify that it's Insane and should be hard, but I don't think it fits with the song thematically. Up until that point, the entire placement of the beats has been very linear and very readable; players simply aren't expecting something confusing like that when it hasn't been seen for the entire rest of the song. And not only is it hard to read, it has enough beats in it to drain your meter from full to fail in about two seconds. Even knowing what it is, the somewhat awkward movement required to hit it all makes it even harder. Combine all this with the fact that the song is already quite difficult... I won't force you to take it out of the map if you're set on keeping it, but I will say that that teeny little combo is probably going to fail 90% of the people who encounter it unless they're either extremely good at reading beats or are playing with easy mods on.
Topic Starter
aquabluu
Alright, I did everything. How's it look like now?
BTW, here's the Taiko difficulty again, but not as part of the osz. I even timed it to match the other maps :D

Download: Taiko no Tatsujin - Kita Saitama2000 (aquabluu) [Taiko].osu
machol30
Hahaha!! It is so fun to play Taiko mode with DoubleTime, NoFail, HardRock, Hidden and Taiko MODs on!! :) Good job on those. I am going to put this here because I just then lost all of my scores before you updated Taiko. :(

I'll take a look at the others through the editor right now.
machol30
Okay, I'll tested all three difficulties out and play them with the hidden mod (and Insane with NoFail, hehe, I'm allowed to cheat. :P ).

Normal:
I think it would be better to lower the circle size and overall difficulty, so all three are 4/10.
There are a few confusing things about this one, like at 01:02:73 (5).
The slider velocity felt perfect to me.
I didn't really feel anything thing wrong with the Hidden MOD on, but I got confused on timing at the end.

Hard:
I felt that some of the sliders' timings are off just by a bit. When the sliders start, that is. It just felt a little odd sometimes.

Insane:
Seems fine to me.

Woot!! I beat Insane with Hidden mod first try!! :) (I DO NOT CARE IF I USED NOFAIL!! LOOK AT THE RANKING GRAPH!! It never falls to 0. :) )

edit: Okay, cleared Insane again with Hidden. This time, there's no NoFail mod. only took me about 10 more tries... lol... >_>
Download: buraimaster1234 - Taiko no Tatsujin - Kita Saitama2000 [Insane] (20080613103012).osr
Topic Starter
aquabluu
(watches replay)Wow, you're really good~ I couldn't pass it myself lol. Glad you liked Taiko mode :D
Alright, I'll try your suggestions out.
MOOMANiBE
I'm really liking how this map is looking right now. Maybe it's from playing it so much, but I don't see any real issues. I dunno where the star went, but Edit: You know what? Forget that. Isn't the point of a bubble "I think this is probably rankable?' I'll toss one on the topic. :D
Topic Starter
aquabluu
Glad that's over :D . Now I just wait~
Kharl
Your wait is now over. ;)

*Ranked*
Topic Starter
aquabluu
Whoo, thanks :D
Saturos
Now I feel like an ass for not modding this.

This map is amazing. By far the most fun I had on a difficult map in a LONG time.
flyboy87
Kita Saitama2000 (Master notes version)

This is ONLY meant for the Taiko mod, please do not attempt to play this on the normal Osu mod as it can... break your fingers. :P

Specifications
Difficulty: Oni 10 stars
Slider velocity: 2
Notes: 931

Cookies to whoever that can pass this. :)

Download: Taiko no Tatsujin - Kita Saitama2000 (aquabluu) [Taiko True Oni].osu
mattyu007

flyboy87 wrote:

Cookies to whoever that can pass this. :)
Well, you can't "fail" in taiko mod atm so it's the first one to play it, I guess.... right? ^^

edit: teeheee i didn't fail in this song actually, i got really close, but the bar never reached 0....i think
flyboy87
I forgot to rename (Taiko True Oni) as (Taiko Dream Notes) or (Taiko Master Notes) lol.
show more