forum

Utada Hikaru - Exodus 04

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Dakeyrus
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Tuesday, June 10, 2008 at 2:35:08 PM

Artist: Utada Hikaru
Title: Exodus 04
BPM: 85.41
Filesize: 4364kb
Play Time: 02:13
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy (Slightly Shorter) (1.5 stars, 139 notes)
  2. Hard (3.86 stars, 322 notes)
Download: Utada Hikaru - Exodus 04
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Second attempt at making a beatmap, I more or less abandoned my first one. I put forth a lot more effort on this one, as it's a really catchy song, and I think it turned out pretty good. Any and all feedback is more than welcome, I hope you all like it.

EDIT: An easier difficulty is coming, stay tuned.

09/06/2008 5:00 PM EST- First upload
09/06/2008 8:44 PM EST- Added a background, and corrected a few poorly placed notes. Easy Difficulty underway.
10/06/2008 2:20 PM EST - All done, added a background, changed some colours around, and added the Easy difficulty. Overall I think this has turned out pretty good, here's hoping for a ranking :)
10/06/2008 2:27 PM EST - Clean-up. Made a few very minor changes to beat-spacing in Hard mode and lessened the ammount of "Finish" sounds used on the sliders (Was a bit overkill, thanks for the tip Behonkiss). The background was added, sorry James, didn't end up using yours :P. I think the one I found works pretty good for the song. Oh, and I changed the end of hard mode to a spinner, as recommended by Behonkiss (Thanks again man.) I think it's finally finished!
James
I thought you're going to use my bgimage? Just remove the word "Distance" somewhere at the bottom.

Timing seems fine. Its a little bit off, but who cares when I got 300s hahahahaha

00:47:27 - place the circle closer to the end of the slider. This ALWAYS trips me off. Same goes for everything similar to this in every chorus.

Well thats about it for me, because I don't have problems to the whole song besides the one I mentioned above. Let the other mods double check it too.

PS: Make an easier difficulty ok?
Behon
I like the timing on this map.

That said, I think there are a bit too many finishes on the sliders, so you might want to cut down on those. Also, a spinner would do better at the end than the circles in the center.
Hitoshirenu Shourai
Did you turn down the drain? I hope you turned down the drain. I'm too afraid to test it. >_>

Awesome song choice, though. I had fun listening to it while the misses flew by in Multi-Player.
Topic Starter
Dakeyrus
The drain is down for the easy mode, but didn't touch it for hard :). Call me a sadist ^.^
mtmcl
Approved!
Topic Starter
Dakeyrus
:D
Hitoshirenu Shourai
Well, as long as I get better, it shouldn't matter much, eh? =D

Ranked!