forum

MC Hammer - Can't Touch This!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Metroid
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Tuesday, July 01, 2008 at 9:31:58 PM

Artist: MC Hammer
Title: Can't Touch This!
BPM: 133.2
Filesize: 3966kb
Play Time: 03:07
Difficulties Available:
  1. Breezin' (Easy) (0.58 stars, 124 notes)
  2. Cruisin' (Normal) (1.49 stars, 268 notes)
Download: MC Hammer - Can't Touch This!
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
My third beatmap and this time I took alot of time to make. please tell me if their's anything wrong with it.
I've gotten help from people and now it sounds very good to me.

still needs

- backround (I need to find the music video for the song.)
- other difficulties.
- Fine tuning (some beats slightly are off with the music making them get 100 instead of 300 when you hit them correctly.)

UPDATE!!!

Fixed volume of beat sounds.
reuploading for Luigihann

I thank
Rolled and James - for helping me with the BPM
Peppy,awp, and chan - for the beat sounds between soft and normal.
Luigi Is gonna try to make it so I can add a mc dance into the sliders.

-METROID
mtmcl
Hey you

Try
offset 1050
beatmap 133.21
James
ok got the timing right now
bpm 133.20
offset 1091

you could place the notes OTHER than the center you know, and the spinnerspam + MC HAMMER word is ewwwwwwwww
Rolled
I agree with James's bpm, but our universals are off sync. I'd go with 1075 offset, using his BPM.

As for the map, use the whole playing field to it's fullest. You can map more then "can't touch this" and spread the notes out a little bit more. Not a fan of the spelling of MC HAMMER either. The total time to slide all these is like 2 minutes, which can get rather dull :P

So in the order you should do things, is first adjust the BPM and resnap your notes. From there, get a little more creative with the spacing. And if you INSIST to spell out the name, fix up the letters a bit. You could also make them a bit less big because listening to the slider slide that long makes my ears bleed.
Topic Starter
Metroid
yeah but its supposed to be around the easy version so it should be easy I gotta fix the slider spam and letters . I should make them soft s you hear the lyrics. I try to change the field.

I am looking for someone to fix the timing.
Rolled might help me.
Rolled
The timing is fixed :P Just apply either James or my values. You just have to resnap from there.

And an easy map still can consist of notes throughout the whole field :)

Topic Starter
Metroid
Thanx Rolled now when I get my headphones back I'll change the sliders to soft and make better letter sliders.
awp
Before you get carried away, don't make too many letter sliders - generally more than 3 is WAY TOO MANY. Maybe just do M.C.?
Topic Starter
Metroid
I finished the easy version and awp I switched to just MC before I even read your reply.

O_O
James
cool you didnt even resnapped the notes :(
maybe im wrong though
Topic Starter
Metroid
some notes were easy some i had to redo.

and James do you make maps usually?
I wonder if you wanna try to make a normal version and a hard version of my map?
RemmyX25
Insert mp3, plzkthx
LuigiHann
Ok, download worked. Couple quick thoughts:

Don't use the soft sounds. If normal sounds are too loud, you can lower the volume on a per-section basis, but the soft sampleset is too chime-y for a rap song.

The very beginning of easy has some 2-note combos that should probably be stacked, or at least, much closer together.

I'll do a full mod runthrough soon.
LuigiHann
Okay, I played through easy and normal. I talked to you a bit in IRC, but the summary is: try to make it more interesting to play, by adding more notes and varied patterns, even where the song is repetitive. Follow the instrumental beat instead of (or in addition to) the vocals, especially on the harder difficulties.
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.