forum

The Black Mages - Battle Theme (Final Fantasy VI)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
BluePaladin25
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Friday, June 20, 2008 at 12:12:44 AM

Artist: The Black Mages
Title: Battle Theme (Final Fantasy VI)
BPM: 122
Filesize: 6003kb
Play Time: 02:02
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy (1.35 stars, 78 notes)
  2. Normal (2.71 stars, 128 notes)
  3. Kefka (3.84 stars, 280 notes)
Download: The Black Mages - Battle Theme (Final Fantasy VI)
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
I've seen a couple of Final Fantasy beatmaps, but none from the Black Mages, so I decided this should be my first beatmap. (That, and I was actually able to get the BPM on this song :P)

Note to downloaders: Easy and Normal are only about half the song; "Kefka" is like Hard, and is the full length of the song.
ROMaster2
I freaking love this song, luckly I know the original FF6 Battle Theme to play it right. Only one problem with this beatmap:

00:54:45 (2) - It goes around 3 times, I was thinking 2, caught me off guard.

Other than that it's GREAT, you only need to add more difficulties...

Oh, and the BPM and Offset is good, no need to change it.
Topic Starter
BluePaladin25
I wasn't sure if that would be a problem or not. Fixed it, and it actually flows better now.
ROMaster2
PERFECT! I'd bubble that.

Like you said, just get a Hard Difficulty going.
Topic Starter
BluePaladin25
Alright, I've started "Kefka" difficulty, it should be up tomorrow.
Topic Starter
BluePaladin25
Hard difficulty finished!

(Bumped for great justice)
ROMaster2
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
BluePaladin25

ROMaster2 wrote:

Just awesomeness mate, just a few problem:

[Kefka]:
00:09:45 (1) - Seems a bit far from the last beat.
00:17:80 (2) - Personally I think it lasts a click too long.
00:22:98 (1-6) - Can you make them a bit tighter?
Fix'd, fix'd, and fix'd. Also, those notes (1-6) were off 1/8 of a beat. Fix'd that too.

ROMaster2 wrote:

Offset: 8,200
I don't see a difference, but I'll go with it. Threw some of my sliders off by 1/8 of a beat, gotta go back and fix those.
ROMaster2

ROMaster2 wrote:

Offset: 8,200
I don't see a difference, but I'll go with it. Threw some of my sliders off by 1/8 of a beat, gotta go back and fix those.
Oh really? If they're off you can go back to what they were.

And I'll try it out later.
ROMaster2
"BEAUTIFUL, I could kiss you for that" - Katt from Star Fox 64

Unless you want to add an Insane or Easy, I'd say this is rankable.

Probably should get a Beatmap Mod to double-check this.
Agent BA8 Rookbie
I played it, and had my jaw drop.
THIS. WAS. EXCELLENT.
If I were a mod, I'd rank this right now, because this map OWNS. It's Rockin', and it's going to guitars! That passes my test.
Rookbie Seal of Approval
Topic Starter
BluePaladin25
ROMaster2: Thx for the help! :D

Agent BA8 Rookbie: Glad you like it! :)
Agent BA8 Rookbie
I see hope for you in the future. Do more rockin' tracks like this, and you'll get along good!
Saturos
I must say, I'm impressed considering how new you are to the community. It is near perfect, however I did catch a couple mistakes in Kefka:

02:25:56 (2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) - Move this set ahead a quarter beat. Make sure you have your Snap Divisor set to 1/4 when you do this.
02:27:77 (9) - Shortern this a quarter beat once the above has been done.
02:30:23 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10) - Move this entire set ahead a quarter beat, as well.

That's it. Will bubble this once it's updated. /me stars for now.
Topic Starter
BluePaladin25

Saturos wrote:

I must say, I'm impressed considering how new you are to the community. It is near perfect, however I did catch a couple mistakes in Kefka:

02:25:56 (2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) - Move this set ahead a quarter beat. Make sure you have your Snap Divisor set to 1/4 when you do this.
02:27:77 (9) - Shortern this a quarter beat once the above has been done.
02:30:23 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10) - Move this entire set ahead a quarter beat, as well.

That's it. Will bubble this once it's updated. /me stars for now.
Done done aaaand done. That third one didn't feel right at first when I was testing it... turns out it's just me. :lol:
ROMaster2
Great Job! Seriously.

Hmm, I'm gonna be picky on those...

EDIT: Actually your offset was off, go back to 8200 (Unless you want to tell us why you did it)

Those are my thoughts, tell me if you think they feel in sync.

BTW, come on the IRC if you need any on-the-spot help, just press F8
Saturos

BluePaladin25 wrote:

Done done aaaand done. That third one didn't feel right at first when I was testing it... turns out it's just me. :lol:
That's because you snapped it an 1/8 too far ahead. Now that last section I mentioned should be moved back 1/8. ;x

And I disagree with the other two changes ROM has suggested. The other two sections are fine now.

EDIT: Noticed you had changed the offset. Make sure you change it back to 8200. ;x
Topic Starter
BluePaladin25

Saturos wrote:

BluePaladin25 wrote:

That's because you snapped it an 1/8 too far ahead. Now that last section I mentioned should be moved back 1/8. ;x

EDIT: Noticed you had changed the offset. Make sure you change it back to 8200. ;x
Yeah, that feels much better. And 8200 is what it is right now.
Saturos
Eh, as long as it's 8200 when you reupload it, it's all good. The most recent upload was set to 8227, for whatever reason.
Topic Starter
BluePaladin25
I figured it out: for some reason, the "Kefka" version had two timing points. Deleted the other one, should be 8200 now.
show more