forum

Those damn spinners.... ARRRGGGGHHHH!!!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
adamskii_uk
I just can't seem to get the hang of those damn spinners. :(

I always dread the long ones, but not because they wear me out, but because after a few seconds of spinning my brain gets confused then there's a pause with my rotations, then I continue spinning again, then I pause again, etc. All of my other Osu! abilities are improving a lot, especially with my accuracy, but I seem to be getting worse at the spinners rather than better.

Did any of you who are good at spinners have any problems with them when you first started playing? Also, how long did it take for you to get good at them?
wiicademan
Randomly spazzing circle-y type motions with the mouse actually works really well. You don't really have to think about the spinner, just to know when it's over. As long as you're holding the button down and spinning, you should be fine.

If you're using a tablet, making really tight circles around the center of the spinner works for me.
Topic Starter
adamskii_uk

wiicademan wrote:

If you're using a tablet, making really tight circles around the center of the spinner works for me.
No, I currently play Osu! with a mouse, and this is the mouse I use to play. :)

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Click-Op ... B0002H0CAE

I did have a Razer Copperhead mouse a couple of months back, but unfortunately it died on me. The mouse I'm using now was one I used a few years ago, and it works pretty well considering it's quite old and was cheap when I bought it. :D
James
im using a super crappy a4tech 1$ optical mouse and i dont spin. my mouse position will be worse after spinning like hell. :(

i think its better just to spin the mouse constantly in circles if you dont want to have a high score with spinning, since spinning only gets "important" when battling against full combo + high 300 scores..
ROMaster2
I strain my arm bad, but I can spin like hell. Hurts my shoulder a lot.
awp
To answer your question: Nope, never had trouble (tablet though mouse wasn't a chore either).
lionel6910
I believe these are the cons u'll feel when u use these diff. ways to spin

Wiimote: Wrist pain, big time
Tablet: Shoulder and wrist pain, scratches the screen
Mouse: Shoulder and wrist pain, wears off the base of your mouse depending on ur speed

Oh, i'm using an average mouse to spin and i'm doing good wif spinning, the only problem is to balance my spinning to tapping alertness..
Saturos

lionel6910 wrote:

Mouse: wears off the base of your mouse depending on ur speed
So true. I've been playing with 2 feet missing off my mouse for a good couple months now.
awp

lionel6910 wrote:

Tablet: Shoulder and wrist pain, scratches the screen
I'd argue UR DOIN IT RONG

Wrist pain maybe, shoulder pain no? And scratches the screen - hold X or Z or SOMETHING and just hover. So much easier.
YoshiKart
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Shirotora_old
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
chan

James wrote:

im using a super crappy a4tech 1$ optical mouse
Hey I got 2 of those at home! Actually my sis stole the dual mouse wheel one, but I've got the standard single scroll wheel mouse.

It's bearable enough, but I can't help but feel that there's like rotational momentum after I finish a long spinner. Oh, I also changed the mouse refresh rate or something recently, might give that a try later tonight.