forum

Shouko Nakagawa - Sky Blue Days (TTGL-Intro)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Fox
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Samstag, 14. Juni 2008 at 22:30:51

Artist: Shouko Nakagawa
Title: Sky Blue Days
BPM: 174
Filesize: 4922kb
Play Time: 04:05
Difficulties Available:
  1. Normal (2,56 stars, 290 notes)
  2. Hard (4,48 stars, 389 notes)
  3. Osu! (4,61 stars, 438 notes)
Download: Shouko Nakagawa - Sky Blue Days
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
My first map in ages~

This is the intro to what can safely be called one of the best animes in history of mankind - Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann!
It took me quite a while to make. And I refrained from making an Easy-Map, because nobody really enjoys them. Pro's literally have to wait for the next beat and even if you're new to osu! and want to get to know the song before you play it in a harder difficulty, Normal is still easy enough to do that.

The hardest difficulty (called "osu!", which I will call it every time from now on) has a maximum-achievable score of about 7,250,000+. To be honest, I'd be impressed if anyone will get close to the big 7. Although the beatmap is still beatable, I really tried my best to make it new and even give pro's the feeling that they have to put work in it and have to struggle to keep the combo up. It's still not unfair, it's just very hard. Osu!!

I hope you enjoy this map.
Hitoshirenu Shourai
Offset feels better at 15,646. Change that, and I think this is rankable. Starred since it needs a slight change. =o
Topic Starter
Fox

Hitoshirenu Shourai wrote:

Offset feels better at 15,646. Change that, and I think this is rankable. Starred since it needs a slight change. =o
... are you sure? Try to half the speed of the metronome (87 I believe) and listen again... it sounds a bit too off for me. ?__?
Hitoshirenu Shourai
You must have a wonky universal. >_>;;
Topic Starter
Fox

Hitoshirenu Shourai wrote:

You must have a wonky universal. >_>;;
Not sure what that means. It does seem like you're questioning my rhythmical sense.

Anyway, I'd like more people's input on this question.
Topic Starter
Fox
Bumping because I really want to know what's going on. I haven't been working on this map forever just to be told that my rhythmical sense is shit without any reason why. :c
Hitoshirenu Shourai
Universal means your universal offset, which you can change in your options for Osu. The reason why Universal offset is important is because different sound cards have different lag. I'm pretty sure awp or peppy could explain better, but that's how I understand it. Your timing isn't really off, just the offset. Offset is important because it judges where the beats start, and keeps the timing consistent.
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.