forum

Asian Kung-fu Generation - After Dark

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Donryu
This is a rather simple one. Also, the song file isn't of best quality, but it shouldn't matter too much. Enjoy.

http://osu.ppy.sh/d/134

Edit: Redid all the sliders and also changed the offset slightly because I believe it was off a bit.
Edit 2: Made an easy map as well as changed some of the placement in the old one.
eyup
Good work! The mp3 sounds fine to me. A good map for those looking for an intermediate difficulty level. The only issue I have is that some notes are not snapped to slider ends. The first instance of this occurs at 0:32.40, and there are a few more throughout the map. Might be worth fixing these - looks a bit ugly that's all.
Extor
Nice beatmap. I agree with eyup with the sliders. And after you fix it, this song goes to the rankings. =D
Hitoshirenu Shourai
Great job! I think this is fine for rankings, but would it be possible for an easier version of this song? If it's not too much trouble, that is. >_>
peppy
Time to bump this one because its been kind've forgotten.

Good work on the easy version. Just two thoughts before I consider this rankable:

1. The second half of the song seems like mostly copy-paste. Have you considered doing a vertical flip on the repeated part just for some variety?

2. Is there any reason you have some circles slightly misplaced from the end of a slider (right at the beginning on the song). I find it nicer when they stack, personally. Attached osu file so you can see what I mean!

Download: ASIAN KUNG-FU GENERATION - After Dark (Donryu) [Hard].osu
Topic Starter
Donryu

peppy wrote:

Time to bump this one because its been kind've forgotten.

Good work on the easy version. Just two thoughts before I consider this rankable:

1. The second half of the song seems like mostly copy-paste. Have you considered doing a vertical flip on the repeated part just for some variety?

2. Is there any reason you have some circles slightly misplaced from the end of a slider (right at the beginning on the song). I find it nicer when they stack, personally. Attached osu file so you can see what I mean!
1. Are you talking about the easy version or hard version? Edit: nvm, I just changed both.

2. Well, it's just my personal opinion that you should see the hit marker. If you put it behind the slider, the only way to tell it's there is by the timing circle, which I don't like to rely on when possible. When you put a hit marker behind another hit marker, the one on top is moved slightly, sliders don't do that(which they shouldn't anyway).
eyup
This is very well made. I've kept the map as you like it (with the non-aligned slider and hit circle), and it's now ranked!
Skya
Error 404, file not found? Might want to go look into that >:(
Ryuuzaki_old
I have the feeling that the beats are a bit too early set o.ô
Seriously.. I just press the damned keys at the beat but they are just too late.. and when I doo it earlier then the beat it just hits 300... it's only with this song.. no general prob or whatever.. hmhm..
Frc

Ryuuzaki wrote:

I have the feeling that the beats are a bit too early set o.ô
Seriously.. I just press the damned keys at the beat but they are just too late.. and when I doo it earlier then the beat it just hits 300... it's only with this song.. no general prob or whatever.. hmhm..

There is a thing called local offset