forum

OK Go - Do What You Want

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
BluePaladin25
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Tuesday, July 01, 2008 at 9:10:22 PM

Artist: OK Go
Title: Do What You Want
BPM: 135
Filesize: 3042kb
Play Time: 02:59
Difficulties Available:
  1. Normal (2.59 stars, 143 notes)
  2. Hard (4.6 stars, 278 notes)
Download: OK Go - Do What You Want
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
My 2nd beatmap.

After much debate, I decided to call the easier map Normal, even though to me it's Easy. I honestly don't like Easy maps. They're boring and empty. Normal and Hard are where it's at. :cool:

Edit1: Slowed down the sliders and reduced the space between beats on Normal; had to completely reorganize it.

Edit2: Fixed problems pointed out by Burai.
Echo
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
BluePaladin25
Yeah, I know the BPM rule, but for some reason 135 doesn't sound quite right. Or maybe 135 IS right, in which case my offset is screwing it up. If you could give me an offset, Echo, that'd be great.

EDIT: Nevermind, after playing through a little it sounds like you're right. Recording my old BPM just in case.
eee
eee thinks it is just fine the way it is
Agent BA8 Rookbie
I think eee referring to himself like that annoys me. Oh wait, I don't think.
I BLOODY WELL KNOW.
Anyway, got that outta my system, onto the map.
Well, once again, this is excellent. Definitely fabulosu, and I love the song. You're a great mapper! I look forward to your future masterpieces, and I hope others follow your examples of good mapping.
Rookbie Seal of Approval
peppy
Quite well mapped.

Drop the slider tick rate down to 2 - it sound sand feels a lot more appropriate (and doesn't make me feel strangely sick).

I also believe your slider velocity should be reduced on normal difficulty. At the moment it doesn't actually feel that "normal" to play, with a lot of quick jumps that are also found in hard. You might want to get someone else's opinion, but I usually find a hard song too hard if I don't full combo it first time (I mised about 7 notes on this). It would be perfect if your beat spacing and slider velocity was about 80% of what it is in hard. If you think this is too much effort or not worth it, then say so, but remember this for future endeavours.

Also don't rename your topics with stupid messages about wanting mods. It'll just deter us from reading them. Renamed the topic.
Topic Starter
BluePaladin25
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Rolled
machol30
I'm sorry to be nit-picky and all, but... Some sliders spacing and such, I'm unsure of...

Normal:
[01:23:05](2): bring it up and right a small amount.
[01:43:27](4): begin at 01:43:05?
[01:47:94](1): move to 01:48:17 ~or~ 01:47:71?
[01:54:05](0): begin at 01:54:16.
[02:42:05](0): should begin at 02:41:94.
[02:59:27](0): begin at 02:59:05?

Hard:
[01:54:05](0): begin at 01:54:16.
[02:42:05](0): should begin at 02:41:94.

After that, I approve.

Download: Weird Al Yankovic - Your Horoscope For Today (0_o) [Normal].osu
Topic Starter
BluePaladin25
I could've sworn I put those spinners in the right spots... Well, thanks for pointing those out! Fixed & reuploaded.
machol30
Rank'd! ;)