forum

Cash Cash - Forever Young

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ztrot
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Tuesday, October 12, 2010 at 12:53:04 AM

Artist: Cash Cash
Title: Forever Young
Tags: Jarby Rokodo jericho2442
BPM: 136
Filesize: 9492kb
Play Time: 03:17
Difficulties Available:
  1. Forever! (4.95 stars, 473 notes)
  2. Jar's Young! (3.25 stars, 274 notes)
  3. jericho's Easy (0.83 stars, 145 notes)
  4. Roko-Don's Taiko (5 stars, 888 notes)
Download: Cash Cash - Forever Young
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
OMG SEX
thanks jarby and jeri and MB777
all effects made by ztrot SB code MB&Jericho
Taiko by rokodo
Jarby
dkun
I wanna be forever young.
jericho2442
and here's the requested SB is done, ;) yea wierd place to upload it to but meh

replace everything again
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NK0QNEN4
Sakura
[General]
Lyric.png, ztrot.png, jarby.png could have some transparencies cropped.
Name.png isnt being used anywhere is it?

[Forever]
Preview point in this diff is not set
00:21:939 (2,3,4,5,6,1) - I think i would have preferred if you made a pentagon and stack the slider off the last pentagon note, but this is ok too.
01:28:336 (4) - Pac man slider o.o not as bad, but i prefer if the curve was better here, so you should probably use 4 control points to make a better curve without affecting the distance.

[Jar's Young!]
Not much to say, just lots of copy/paste, make everything too repetitive and boring :<
00:33:630 (1,2) - Try to not make pac man sharp corners on the inside of sliders? use 4 control points to fix with better curves.
00:51:056 (4) - Could you please avoid hp overlaps. (Same for copy/pasted sliders).
Jarby

wtf are you doing
Derekku
[General]
*Defaut numbers are for the hitcircles, not score. Thus, you should delete the x, dot, comma, and percent elements.
*You need an approachcircle (even if it's the default).
*Why is there another .osb in the SB folder?
*Why does the "map by" storyboard element appear in BOTH breaks? The first break is fine, but having it a second time just looks really strange.
*The ending of both maps were a bit awkward. Another rainbow strobe and a singly kiai fountain at 03:17:748 would look very nice.
*Why is Jericho2442 in the tags? Storyboard/Skin contributors never get added to tags. o-o;
*Epilepsy warning definitely needs to be added to both difficulties.
*Those dark blue strobes are really strong. http://puu.sh/huM Could you lighten them a little bit? o-o; For example, it looks like the blue strobes get stronger and stronger starting at 01:10:689, but the last strobe before the break is really bright.
*Offset is a bit early. I was 5-10ms late when playing, but a +5 should be enough.

[Jar's Young]
*Very nice, for a normal-ish difficulty. I can not accept this as the easiest difficulty in the mapset. The large distance spacing between 1/2 beats, 1/1 jumps, high difficulty settings, constant off-beats, etc. are way too difficult.
*Even for a normal diff, though, the difficulty settings are a bit too high. Please lower the approach rate a tick, the OD 1-2 ticks, and the Drain about 2 ticks.

[Forever]
00:50:174 - expected a note here D:
00:53:703 - ^ (and in the other spots where you didn't map to the lyrics of "i wanna be forever young"
01:14:218 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - nice anti-jumps :p
01:28:115 (3,4) - Unrankable. It's too confusing to tell which is the slider and which is the note with snaking sliders turned off. http://puu.sh/huA
01:42:233 (5,1) - Here's it's fine since the new combo tells it all.
02:28:336 - Having this section of the map use a slower slider speed (like Jar did) would fit much better imo.
*A big difficulty jump from Jar's diff.

This mapset needs an easier difficulty. I'd also like to see a Hard-ish one in-between the current "Normal" and "Insane" so that more players can enjoy this mapset. If you don't want to make a Hard, at least lower the difficulty settings on Forever a little bit.
Topic Starter
ztrot

Derekku wrote:

[General]
*Defaut numbers are for the hitcircles, not score. Thus, you should delete the x, dot, comma, and percent elements. Done.
*You need an approachcircle (even if it's the default). Can do <3
*Why is there another .osb in the SB folder? opps....
*Why does the "map by" storyboard element appear in BOTH breaks? The first break is fine, but having it a second time just looks really strange.Fixed
*The ending of both maps were a bit awkward. Another rainbow strobe and a singly kiai fountain at 03:17:748 would look very nice. placing fountains like that makes peppy grumpy as to if it's rankable or not meh I avoid it.
*Why is Jericho2442 in the tags? Storyboard/Skin contributors never get added to tags. o-o; Why not?
*Epilepsy warning definitely needs to be added to both difficulties.strobes aren't that fast it's not 4 or more strobes a sec.
*Those dark blue strobes are really strong. http://puu.sh/huM Could you lighten them a little bit? o-o; For example, it looks like the blue strobes get stronger and stronger starting at 01:10:689, but the last strobe before the break is really bright.
*Offset is a bit early. I was 5-10ms late when playing, but a +5 should be enough. Offset is fine.

[Jar's Young]
*Very nice, for a normal-ish difficulty. I can not accept this as the easiest difficulty in the mapset. The large distance spacing between 1/2 beats, 1/1 jumps, high difficulty settings, constant off-beats, etc. are way too difficult.
*Even for a normal diff, though, the difficulty settings are a bit too high. Please lower the approach rate a tick, the OD 1-2 ticks, and the Drain about 2 ticks.That's Jarby's call

[Forever]
00:50:174 - expected a note here D: Yeah I didn't add it there because it starts to fell like a massive 1/2 steam plus it would fuck up my patterns.
00:53:703 - ^ (and in the other spots where you didn't map to the lyrics of "i wanna be forever young"
01:14:218 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - nice anti-jumps :p
01:28:115 (3,4) - Unrankable. It's too confusing to tell which is the slider and which is the note with snaking sliders turned off. Fixed but I could argue you that one the OD is really high even without snaking you should be able to tell.http://puu.sh/huA
01:42:233 (5,1) - Here's it's fine since the new combo tells it all.
02:28:336 - Having this section of the map use a slower slider speed (like Jar did) would fit much better imo. I can't stress this enough I very VERY rarely change slider speed.
*A big difficulty jump from Jar's diff.that is is

This mapset needs an easier difficulty. I'd also like to see a Hard-ish one in-between the current "Normal" and "Insane" so that more players can enjoy this mapset. If you don't want to make a Hard, at least lower the difficulty settings on Forever a little bit.
maal
SB load exceeds 5.00x at some points, like 00:17:968. Just sayin'. And it made my computer fps drop.
Derekku

ztrot wrote:

Derekku wrote:

*Epilepsy warning definitely needs to be added to both difficulties.
strobes aren't that fast it's not 4 or more strobes a sec.
Uh, the strobes+colors were bothering ME a little bit, and I'm definitely not epileptic. I highly suggest adding the warning even if it's just to be on the safe side.
lovhin456
Hey ~

General;
- Everything is fine ~

Skin;
- Consider using your default numbers for score numbers ??
- Add a approach circle, default one is good too
- I'd like to see more skin stuff for this, but I guess is not that important

SB;
- Looks good, but in my opinion the map the "map by..." should be in the left lower corner, that way the map would look better, but if you want people to notice it then it's current place is good.

Looks;
- Everything looks really nice :3

Jar's Young!;
- 00:48:409 >> add a finish ??
- 02:45:983 >> ^

Forever!;
- 01:38:924 >> remove new combo then new combo to the next note

Roko-Don's Taiko;
- Sounds great ~

* Star :3
Ilike_old
star :D
jericho2442
aaaaaand more SB added :X

Download: Cash Cash - Forever Young (ztrot).osb
Slowmotion_old
well i love that song and that combos :D STAR
Shinde
General
1.35MB between the two BG's. Hnghhh.
Difficulty spread sucks, make a real Easy, don't care if it's shorter even. Lazy bastard. >:( Lol.
Don't care for the SB much, but it's whatever really.

Roko's Taiko
03:17:748 (828) - I don't like how you continued mapping after this point, and the ending especially seems forced and abrupt.

Forever!
00:20:615 (7,9) - Up some
01:42:453 (1) - Lil weird shape

Jar's Young!
00:48:409 (2,1) - Feels a bit awkward/empty.
01:37:159 (1) - Add note
03:00:321 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - Horribly offbeat

Quality's pretty good. (Though you still know I don't love your mapping style or strobe SBs.) Make an Easy and I might turn this Star into a Bubble.
JeSsYkA_old
*-* Very Nice!! ;D
Shohei Ohtani
Jar's Diff:
SB: Diff by Jarby, as map implies mapset.
00:51:056 (4) - http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/30222 no.
01:05:174 (4) - ^
02:08:703 (4) - ^

Roko:
Check AImod. Some objects are not snapped.
Roddie
Cool Storyboard. 8-)
jericho2442
since ppl want a easy, here's your easy ;)

Download: Cash Cash - Forever Young (ztrot) [jericho's Easy].osu
Shinde
Do not kudosu this post.

Easy
01:55:248 (1) - Stack properly.
02:17:748 (1,1) - Don't care for double spinners on an Easy
02:58:336 (3,4,5,6) - Feels like you started using a lot more notes during this Kiai than in what was previously mapped. I dunno how I feel about this.

Look over Easy and call me back n I'll bubble.
show more