forum

of Montreal - Gronlandic Edit

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ancret
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Thursday, June 19, 2008 at 1:16:54 AM

Artist: of Montreal
Title: Gronlandic Edit
BPM: 120
Filesize: 6634kb
Play Time: 02:46
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy (1.37 stars, 150 notes)
  2. Hard (4.38 stars, 272 notes)
Download: of Montreal - Gronlandic Edit
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
This is my first semi-complete beatmap, and I've been tinkering with it long enough that I don't know whether it's intuitive or enjoyable at this point. Any feedback you can give will be most appreciated. :)
Sinistro
Welcome to beatmapping! :)
Ok, first of all, your offset sounds better at 300ms. After changing this setting, select "Resnap all notes" from the timing header of the menu, then select all objects on the timeline using Ctrl + A and nudge them 1/4 of a beat so that the first circle falls at 00:04:80 (1) for Easy and 00:32:30 for Hard.

In Easy, the spacing on the 02:18:55 (1,2,3) combo is a little misleading - try to have the distance between 1 and 2 be a bit greater than the distance between 2 and 3 to mirror their relative distances in the timeline. The 02:19:30 (3) slider also needs to end 1/4 of a beat later. The difficulty settings could be a smidge high for Easy, but no real need to change those.

In Hard, I expect you'll map the section between 00:04:80 and 00:32:30 like you did for Easy, right?
There's some undeniable spacing inconsistency with combos like 01:03:55 (1,2,3) - these circles are each 1/4 apart on the timeline but spaced on the grid like they are 1/2 apart, based on the rest of the map. I suggest you either have each instance of these fast triplets stack (overlap) on the grid or space everything else farther in comparison so that the difference is apparent. In 02:18:55 (1,2,3) there's the same issue as with Easy. The "forget, forget, forget" section is mapped like the Easy difficulty; if you can, try mapping a different, harder pattern of beats there. The difficulty settings are the exact same for Easy, you might want to make them differ a little.

A map 2:48 long could use at least one break. Consider removing some objects somewhere, around the middle if possible, and replacing them with a short break roughly 5-15 seconds long.

You did a good job for your first beatmap - nice work on the bpm, rhythm patterns and most of the spacing. Keep up the good work!