forum

Taito - Bubble Bobble Medley (Beatmap + Storyboard WIP)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
YoshiKart
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Friday, December 12, 2008 at 6:29:34 PM

Artist: Taito
Title: Bubble Bobble Medley
BPM: 131.84
Filesize: 5256kb
Play Time: 00:17
Difficulties Available:
  1. spin test (0.92 stars, 7 notes)
  2. Vs. Banebou (3.15 stars, 222 notes)
  3. Vs. Invader (3.57 stars, 237 notes)
  4. Vs. Super Drunk (4.44 stars, 283 notes)
  5. Vs. Zen-chan (1.48 stars, 163 notes)
Download: Taito - Bubble Bobble Medley
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
This is my second beatmap!! =D It's based on the NES version of Bubble Bobble, which is some sort of cherished childhood memory to me. I just had to beatmap this ol' charm.

This is made up of multiple section rips of the game, sown together by me using Audacity (carefully). That's why there isn't really a constant BPM thoughout the song. D=

The Bubble Bobble Medley consists of these parts:

1. Title Screen drop/Extend beginning
2. Password Confirmed
3. Start Game Music
4. Main Theme 2x
5. Hurry Up!
6. Secret Room
7. EXTEND/Heart Bomb activation
8. Game Over!
9. Name Register

[u]To-Do List[u]

spin test: Ignore this. D:
Vs. Zen-Chan: Beatmap is complete, but needs that *varying slider tick rate per timing section* feature. Storyboard in the works.
Vs. Banebou: Being re-mapped. Haven't started storyboard.
Vs. Invader: I hope to transfer some of Super Drunk into this as a new "Hard". Haven't started storyboard.
Vs. Super Drunk: I'm planning to let someone else map this (burai? Zerostarry? Hm?). PM me if you're interested, but you can go ahead and start now if you'd like. =)

Anyone want to test some of Zen-Chan's storyboard? It's a simple fading slideshow during the Secret Room music... ;
Topic Starter
YoshiKart
*pokes beatmap and moves Pokebis's comments here*

Pokebis wrote:

I think this is really good! It's quite a bit easy though, I'd suggest putting the HP drain a bit higher. There needs to be a break between 01:48:61 and 01:57:86. The thing that got me the most was the ending 43 combo. I think you could space the first 25 notes (just distance snap if you want) and also please break up the combo, I need to see more objections! (I'm using pheonix wright skin) Also during 01:11:78-01:17:93 you could put more beats, but it's up too you. Other than that I think It's really good. I'd also put in a background, but that's me, you could try this.
http://www.pottsork.nu/_images/portfolio/Bubble_Bobble_Bub.jpg

EDIT: Also move 17 and 37 in the last combo a nudge to the right, they're off.
I definitely plan to break the combo. I'm just mapping out the beats on the timeline. =P
Topic Starter
YoshiKart
Sweet! I'm finally done all the timing sections in this heck of a map. So many untimed sections now timed. X_X

Please comment on the timing before you get to the notes. =D
Sinistro
Ok, the beginning timing sections are not too easy, especially since the second and third ones contain sound effects. Since you said you intend to use them in other difficulties, I hope you'll excuse me from checking the timing on these until I see what you want to do with them.

For the rest, here's what I found, although you definitely need to check with another mod for confirmation/fine tuning:
10,550 128.00
16,200 87.50
18,920 127.20
113,345 143.33
115,068 170.10 (??? on this one, sorry)
120,688 169.50
I wonder if 02:17:03 (1,2,3,4) need their own timing section, but they sound pretty good as is...
141,542 81.25
171,00 165.25
189,960 94.00
192,550 101.00

I suspect you have done some editing on 02:45:17 to loop that section, because it suddenly sounds off. Either re-edit the song or make a timing section there too.

Btw, sliders whose start and endpoints overlap like the one in 01:34:39 (1) confuse players, since they don't know know which way to go. Change the sliders a little so that their starts and ends can be discerned.
Topic Starter
YoshiKart
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
machol30

YoshiKart wrote:

For the "bubble" sliders, is it safe to say that expert players can quickly find which direction it goes by looking at the slider's track? Or maybe the reverse arrow's direction?
Yes, but sometimes can be a little difficulty. :P

Timing... well... I'm not good with multiple timing sections but I'll try my best.
BPM: 132.00 , Offset: 540
BPM: 137.00 , Offset: 3,728
BPM:162.00 , Offset: 8,326
BPM: 127.00 , Offset: 10,555
BPM: 89.00 , Offset: 16,231
BPM: 127.11 , Offset: 18,934
BPM: 139.00 , Offset: 113,342
BPM: 170.10 , Offset: 115,075
BPM: 80.95 , Offset: 141,537
BPM: 165.25 , Offset: 171,190
BPM: 150.00 , Offset: 190,070
BPM: 101.00 , Offset: 192,576

Whew! I hope I got it... I'll check the actual beatmap later. >.>
Topic Starter
YoshiKart
I don't know if it's my UO or not (it's at +2ms), but I think BPM: 165.25 , Offset: 171,190 is waaaaaay off in terms of offset. It doesn't exactly get to the first beat. But it still matches when played at 25%... it suprisingly doesn't match when played at 100%.

Everything else is great, but a little off to me when played at 25%.

I'll just make a separate .osu so I can double check stuff from time to time.

Gonna see how ppl will clash BPMs together w/ this beatmap. X_X
Nharox
Hey, great job so far. Can't wait to see this finished. :) Keep up the good work.

I would like to help you with the timing but I have my own problems with finding the right one. :P
Topic Starter
YoshiKart
Thanks. :D

I should get peppy on timing when he's not busy. I hear he's beast at multi-timing.
Topic Starter
YoshiKart
*bump*

I'm still working on it. Planning to change the level names from EBA to Bubble Bobble levels.

How's it so far? Please ignore Crusin'. Just look at Breezin' and Sweatin'.
Topic Starter
YoshiKart
*bump*

Someone check my progress for first and third difficulties?
Topic Starter
YoshiKart
Heck yes. Getting there.

Anyone think that the sectionfail sound is a little too loud compared to sectionpass?
Topic Starter
YoshiKart
*avoiding graveyard*

I can work on this tomorrow, not today. ;-;
Topic Starter
YoshiKart
Since I'm a slow worker, I'm going to dedicate all of next week as osu! week for me, in order to finish this. >_>
Topic Starter
YoshiKart
Crap.

*works*
Topic Starter
YoshiKart
I should stop bumping so often.

*background stuff
*more custom sounds refined
*more of the beatmap done

I'm almost done the second and third difficulties. Don't download yet, 'cuz I didn't update it.
Jeshi_old
I just tried to play this.

There's to many gaps without any beats but my health is still depleting then where there is beats there aren't enough to replenish my health!

I like the skinning effects but the beats need some work in my opinion.
Topic Starter
YoshiKart
Fixed the drain rate. If someone could nitpick Vs. Zen-chan, that would be great.

*hides from beatspacing nazis*
MaxwellDemon
Hmmm, I was asked to only look at the first difficulty... so that's what I am gonna do. :P

Timing... I think it's generally fine and seems right on.

Spacing... I don't really like how it kept varying between combos actually. :?

Now, nitpicking time!

01:17:41 (10,11,12) - Combo is too high for easy, I think, try breaking it by every three beats or so at that part. :)
01:19:29 (1) - I think you should give a gap between the start and the end, so players won't get confused to which way to go during the slider.
01:34:39 (1) - Same thing here. XD

Generally, any circle sliders you have. :P

Beatwise sounds fine to me too... so, yeah. XD
Topic Starter
YoshiKart
I put the single combo beats there just so people can tell where to go. D: I spent a while perfecting those bubble sliders.

I'm gonna try to get moar beatspacing fixed for the start/ending combo notes, but I'm so-so at changing my sliders.
show more