forum

Point 'n click adventure games

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Behon
Discuss your newer faves and older classics here.

I'm currently playing through The Longest Journey myself- I got about halfway through years ago and stopped for whatever reason, but now I plan to go through the whole thing and pick up Dreamfall when I'm done.
Kuronus
I have always loved this kind of game, It may not have had the most action, but it always more then made up for it with a intense story, and really fun things you could do to the side

I know that there are a few really cool point and click games coming for the Wii, I can not wait for them eather.
chan
Who doesn't remember Monkey Island 1 and 2? Classic stuff.
Also day of the tentacle and sam&max were pretty cool. Myst is also not bad, but it's kinda creepy and not particularly friendly for someone who doesn't have a walkthrough. Might play myst on my gf's ds later.
awp
SPACE QUEST IV
LuigiHann
Myst on DS sucks. RealMyst is the way to go.

But yeah, I love Point & Click-em-ups. Recently, the Sam & Max series has been a lot of fun.
Topic Starter
Behon

LuigiHann wrote:

But yeah, I love Point & Click-em-ups. Recently, the Sam & Max series has been a lot of fun.
You know your PC is old when Sam & Max runs sluggishly on it, as is my case, so that's stopped me from fully enjoying the series. Luckily I plan to get a new gaming laptop in the next month or two.
Kuronus
I loved Sam and max, Even when it was a cartoon on T.V, Speaking of witch how ment people watched that back in the 4th grade?
Topic Starter
Behon
I did! And I just got the whole thing on DVD. It's actually funnier than it was back then because I pick up more of the jokes now; it was really witty for a kid's show and keeps the tone of the comics and games minus some of the language.
Kuronus

Behonkiss wrote:

I did! And I just got the whole thing on DVD. It's actually funnier than it was back then because I pick up more of the jokes now; it was really witty for a kid's show and keeps the tone of the comics and games minus some of the language.
I know what you mean, I watched it once more just now, it is so funny and always will be!
Gamechamp
For some reason, I can never find myself getting into all the classics very much. Myst, honestly, was just plain boring. Although I did have a bit of fun with a game I can't quite remember the name of. It was oldish. But it was fun. I remember there was a sword. Is that specific enough?

Now, the newer stuff I like a bit more. Especially the newer Sam and Max seasons (I've never actually played Hit the Road, but I'd really love to). They're just plain awesome... though I haven't played since episode 2 of Season 2. I should probably get back on that.

And if it counts: I LOVE the Ace Attorney series. Can't wait for Perfect Prosecutor.
Topic Starter
Behon
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
hunnykilla

LuigiHann wrote:

You can download Realmyst at gametap for free. I also tried the ds version and it was not very good.
Loginer
The Goblins games are good. The life bar system is ridiculous, but they're very funny at times.
Fraeon

LuigiHann wrote:

Myst in general needs to die. (Thankfully with Myst V it sort of did.)

Myst is singlehandedly responsible for all of its clones that sported puzzles that made no effing sense, events that no player could predict and the game never hinted at and a complete lack of story. Not accusing Myst for this, but the story in that takes a bit of digging, so its clones got rid of that altogether. BLEH!

As for point and click adventures, Space Quests all the way from I to XII are good. I don't remember them having too many unforeseen sudden deaths unlike its sister series King's Quest does (not recommending these). The Broken Sword series and Gabriel Knight are pure unadulterated awesome, The Longest Journey is decent, its sequel is too...although not much of an adventure game anymore.

Of the recent ones, Sam & Max episodes are excellent starting from season 2, Another Code on the DS is pretty nice too (not so fond of Hotel Dusk from the same folks, though) and I've heard good things from Overclocked and Still Life although I haven't played them.
LuigiHann

Fraeon wrote:

Myst is singlehandedly responsible for all of its clones
Hey now. Blaming a good game for bad clones doesn't make any sense. Bad clones are the fault of bad developers. And yeah, the Myst series has been officially over for a while now, although I'm sure Midway will continue to make sucky ports of it.

Download: Weird Al Yankovic - Your Horoscope For Today (0_o) [Normal].osu

Download: Weird Al Yankovic - Your Horoscope For Today (0_o) [Hard].osu
Gamechamp

LuigiHann wrote:

Fraeon wrote:

Myst is singlehandedly responsible for all of its clones
Hey now. Blaming a good game for bad clones doesn't make any sense. Bad clones are the fault of bad developers. And yeah, the Myst series has been officially over for a while now, although I'm sure Midway will continue to make sucky ports of it.
Isn't Gametap still running that Myst MMO?
BluePaladin25
Oh man, this hasn't been mentioned yet? The Chzo Mythos! You can't beat four freeware p&c adventures with an overarching plot!

http://adayinthemindof.wordpress.com/20 ... zo-mythos/

Scroll down the page to find download links, arranged in the order the games are meant to be played in.
LuigiHann
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Loginer

Fraeon wrote:

I don't remember them having too many unforeseen sudden deaths unlike its sister series King's Quest does (not recommending these).
I could never get past the first screen in King's Quest I. ;_;
LuigiHann
I played Space Quest 4, after hearing it was great, and the first thing I clicked on killed me. I never played it again.
show more