forum

Some thoughts - flash/ppc, xml beatmap etc

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
timts_old
8-) First all, thanks for the great program. I wasn't able to enjoy it much though since I have difficulty play this with my mouse. I can finish Osu! 1/2, EBA 1/2 on DS okay but not a great player, maybe that's why.

:D PocketPC/Windows Mobile might not be that popular by itself (some GPS enabled devices are still great), but as I am getting a htc touch phone which is also windows mobile powered, I found it would be nice to have osu! ported to it. The basic programming doesn't seem too bad but I know it will take quite some efforts to do. I dont own iphone/ipod touch but those people who own them might like osu! to be ported too, I guess.

:) I think it might be good to have a flash version which can be played on any device that supports flash and point control. As flash is rather graphic oriented, is that better than a device specific version idea?

;) Another suggestion is to have an open xml format for the beatmap, where the source music file, source video file are stored in clear transparency and can be ported, converted easily and people can play any audio/video format which is supported by codec installed on his box through wmp API.

:P Last crazy idea, which I might need to apologize, if that's already a feature, as I haven't used osu! for a while, is to have a graphic beatmap editor, so people can use point to click, drag(circle) when audio/video is played in edit mode, which should make the creation easier and he/she can later fine tune the beatmap using audio wave graphic.

:idea: Finally, thanks again.
awp
There's a graphic editor, of course.

Having flash read in files to make a flash version of osu! is doable, so go ahead and give that a try.

I imagine transferring osu! from PC onto an embedded system would be kind of a pain in the ass, and for such a small community may or may not be worth the effort. You can try finding someone interested in doing that.

As for the iPhone, what the fuck? Wouldn't the iPhone use Mac technology, but a nerfed embedded version? That's gotta be the biggest bitch of all platforms to put it on.