forum

Metro Station - Shake It

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Rolled
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Monday, August 04, 2008 at 4:41:57 PM

Artist: Metro Station
Title: Shake It
BPM: 150
Filesize: 4819kb
Play Time: 02:37
Difficulties Available:
  1. Normal (3.65 stars, 224 notes)
  2. Hard (4.94 stars, 348 notes)
Download: Metro Station - Shake It
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Pulled some spacing techniques from my journy through beatmap packs 1-4. Therefor, beware. This is no easy S.

New difficulties to come blah blah. You know how I rickroll.

edit: fixes

edit: fuckoffawp
hunnykilla
WOOT Metro Station, ill have to try this out.
Saturos
Uncheck 'move already placed notes', highlight all timing sections, -17ms offset. Done. Despite the offset being quite a bit off, I still got 1x 100 last night on it. ;x

*stars for more difficulties*
Topic Starter
Rolled
Done, thank you. Never knew of that feature either, is it new?

Anywho, learn to SS noob.
Saturos
Relatively new, yeah. peppy added it when he was working on a map with near 40 timing points, and was tired of moving them individually.
Topic Starter
Rolled
This is not finished, but might as well bump all 3 of my in-progress things. Hopefully will finish this tomorrow, then my Nick pack afterwards ._.

I need a vacation~
Topic Starter
Rolled
Okay, normal done. Also lol @
01:53:52 (3), 01:56:72 (4), 01:59:92 (4), etc. They are shakin sliders ^_^

I will probably remove them since they pump up the difficulty. Just want to see how people will react :x

Download: Hanazawa Kana - purikogu (youngdow) [Eri].osu
chan
I think your offsets need to be a little earlier? Could be wrong, since I haven't played osu much on my new laptop, but that's the impression that I got.
Found the notes around 02:05:72 a bit confusing without looking at the song in the editor (in normal).
Behon
It might be a good idea to take out the two "Let's go!" circles at the beginning and just start the map where all the other notes come in.

That, and the Normal beatmap is pretty tricky. You might want to make an Easy one.
Topic Starter
Rolled

Behonkiss wrote:

It might be a good idea to take out the two "Let's go!" circles at the beginning and just start the map where all the other notes come in.

That, and the Normal beatmap is pretty tricky. You might want to make an Easy one.
Thanks for your reply. I changed a few things in easy, like the lolsliders. This dummed it down a bit but I see where you are coming from about it being a bit tricky. If one more person requests it I will create an easy (snoooore)

As for the let's go thing, I like how it forces the person to listen to part of the song (the break) as opposed to them just skipping through and jumping right in to the beatmap. It can also give them a feel for my spacing, too.

chan wrote:

I think your offsets need to be a little earlier? Could be wrong, since I haven't played osu much on my new laptop, but that's the impression that I got.
Found the notes around 02:05:72 a bit confusing without looking at the song in the editor (in normal).
Changed that confusing bit around, but I'm not sure about the offset. How much were you thinking to change it? I tried 10 ms sooner and I got 18 100s that run, while with my current offset I got 9 :/ I know Saturos has been pretty close to SSing this as well.

Other opinions welcome.

edit: Wow, just got 1 100 on this with an offset of -5 my original (118) That will be the new offset until somebody else yells at me.
James
all good, i want techo beatmaps from you though :(
machol30
<3

edit: thank goodness I went back to check the offset. :P
feels early to me. I can't find an exact offset, at the moment, though.
James
dropped to star. oooh yeah free xp~
Topic Starter
Rolled
This offset has been such an asshole. But I managed to nearly SS it with my current offset. Dakeyrus has confirmed, along with somebody else but I'm not sure if it was ivalset or saturos or what. I forget. Let me know what you find, though.

Download: Girls' Generation - Etude (Sunny Holic) [llkey´s Normal].osu
Topic Starter
Rolled
i can not in-game bump sry </3
awp

buraimaster1234 wrote:

feels early to me. I can't find an exact offset, at the moment, though.
T'is, actually. 130, give or take 3ms
mtmcl
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
Rolled
everything has been fixed. I hate you all with a passion. Except for mark.
mtmcl
Well thank you Rolled. I do my best.

(+ mod cred)
Saturos
There's nothing truly wrong with this map, but Normal feels very messy. 00:44:33 (4) and 00:46:13 (1) both sound out of place when you mapped hit circles to similar vocal sections later in the map. Also, the varying timing on stacked hits will be hard for the intended audience of a 'Normal' map to pick up on.

Nothing really needs to be changed, but you're not getting a rank out of me for it. ;x
show more