forum

NicoNicoDouga - Nice Boat.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Neo@lex
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on 03 August 2008 at 15:35:24

Artist: NicoNicoDouga
Title: Nice Boat.
BPM: 172
Filesize: 13817kb
Play Time: 01:40
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy (0.81 stars, 70 notes)
  2. Normal (1.98 stars, 75 notes)
  3. Hard (4.07 stars, 134 notes)
  4. JAMES DIFFICULTY!! (4.78 stars, 229 notes)
Download: NicoNicoDouga - Nice Boat.
Download: NicoNicoDouga - Nice Boat. (no video)
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
When the anime "School Days" was set to air it's last episode, it was canceled at the last minute because some girl murdered her dad with a hatchet, what people saw when the show came on was footage of random stuff, including this boat, since then, thousands of NicoNicoDouga and Youtube videos have been made, including this Hatsune Miku mix.

I used Distance snap for this one, but at some points I think it screwed up, I'll look into it another time.
Contains custom Sliderball, Spinner and Spinner BG.
Critisism/Opinions/Modding much appreciated.

Edit: Changed offset and slider velocity, although normal and easy seem weird with the spacing. Also fixed insane streams.
Edit: Peppystuff. Insane only had it's offset changed, since I might delete it, depending on rankability.
Edit: Added sounds on insane, why is it unrankable again? Max score isn't that high...
Edit: Added [JAMES DIFFICULTY!!] <<Now a meme and scrapped Nice Difficulty.
Edit: Moved all timing sections of all difficulties forward by 4.
Rolled
Pretty fun. I've been failing insane pretty hardcore though.

Use a 5700 offset with your current BPM.

I don't really have any problems with spacing, however the slider velocity for normal is too high. No more than 1.0 for a 172 BPM song for normal, imo. Easy's is WAY fast too btw. Use 1.0 MAX for this too, maybe less.
Some breaks are unecessary too (including one that occurs during a slider in Insane) If it is less than a 2 or 3 second break, it is not really needed.

Overall, epic beatmap (not too crazy about the skin though). Starred.

edit: Also, those hit circle streams fuck up in-game. I noticed they look fine in test, but they are considered as stacks in game so like.. the spacing gets all retarded. Do not overlap them exactly in the editor and I believe that will fix this.
Rolled
Good job with the fixes. I like how it turned out. I'm still a bit iffy about the skin though.. but that shouldn't stop this song from being ranked.

Bubbled!
peppy
Skin is great!

I really enjoyed the centre-aimed sliders on Normal difficulty.

I have a few suggetsions though:

Change offset to 5720

Use soft samples for the intro to the song (before the techno beat comes in).

Add a few whistle/finishes if you can find good places to add them? At the moment there are none, so its a bit boring.

Hard:
00:16:82 (1) - Yuck @ overlap. Can you rearrange this to avoid it?
00:53:10 (1) - ditto
01:01:47 (1) - all of these ;x
01:35:02 (1) -

Insane:
Argh. No comment on this. Might be worth not including this as a ranked map though. Lets seek another opinion from a mod before ranking this.
Rolled
The best way to have multiple sound samples as suggested by peppy:

Have the first section's sound set to soft via the timing panel.
Whils still in the timing tab, find the spot where you would like the sound set to change. Make sure it is exactly on a white tick in the timeline to ensure BPM stays correct (I think 39150 works well.)
Once you have your second offset, go back into timing panel and under the audio tab, change the set to loud (or normal, I forget.)

And if you already know how to do that, I just wasted both of our time :)

Edit: Also, when changing the offset make sure you apply it to all difficulties. I see you only did it to insane when I posted my last offset. Make sure to resnap as well.
Topic Starter
Neo@lex
<_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________<
I forgot to change the offset before adding multiple timing sections.
Edit: ok, fixed.
Edit: Shit.
Edit: ok, fixed again.

Also, I did already know the timing section thing.
Edit: wtf happened to my bubble?
peppy
A bubble becomes a star when there are problems.

A star becomes nothing when you edit your post using the forums, not BSS.

Re-starring until I/another mod gets another chance to check changes.
xerxes_oli
so much FUN!!!!!!
peppy
I think you are going to need to do something about the insane difficulty - its a bit too sliderish...
Two options here - remove it from the pack and let it get ranked with 3 difficulties, or redesign it.
James
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
peppy
@james: I'm all for this. Really want to see this map ranked already.
James
ill try to make one tomorrow.
James
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.

Download: NicoNicoDouga - Nice Boat. (neo@lex) [JAMES DIFFICULTY!!].osu
peppy
Rofl I like it james. Offset seems OK to me, maybe 5ms too early or so? I'll bubble this for now, but if another BAP approves this, make sure to check the offset :).
MaxwellDemon
Topic Starter
Neo@lex
When I do that it sounds distinctly late, but then I may be wrong too.
MaxwellDemon
Hahaha, peppy did say it is probably a small difference. So I'd trust him rather than my own ears (or my osu!). XD
Saturos
Felt fine to me. The ending of James' map is insane, though. D:

Ranked.
nectos_old
Can you tell me the name of original classic song that was remixed here?
Topic Starter
Neo@lex
Bach's Orchestral Suite No. 3, or Air on the G String.

how do i sage
show more