forum

Reel Big Fish - Ban The Tube Top

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Mogsy
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Sunday, July 13, 2008 at 11:12:12 AM

Artist: Reel Big Fish
Title: Ban The Tube Top
BPM: 150.35
Filesize: 3033kb
Play Time: 03:03
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy (1.1 stars, 105 notes)
  2. Normal (2.46 stars, 168 notes)
  3. Hard (3.82 stars, 193 notes)
Download: Reel Big Fish - Ban The Tube Top
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
So, I was looking through Osu!'s library of songs not too long ago, and I realized: waitaminute, where's the ska? We've got jpop, normal pop music, rock, metal, techno, and jazzy stuff, to name a few, but no ska?! I thought, "This is an OUTRAGE! OFF TO THE EDITOR!"

And so, I came up with this. Found a nice, simple Reel Big Fish song to introduce Osu! to its one of its first ska maps (the other being The Impression that I Get). Enjoy, and leave your comments and criticisms in the thread.

EDIT 1: Changed the BPM to 150.35, added Easy and Normal, changed the former Normal to Hard.
EDIT 2: Recalc'd, resnap'd, and changed around the sliders in Easy.
EDIT 3: Changed some of the annoying spacing.
EDIT 4: Changed around some sliders and spacing in Normal and Hard.
EDIT 5: Added a few beats to Normal, just because I thought they'd fit.
EDIT 6: Changed around Easy a bit, just to make it a tad more interesting. Just some small changes I thought would fit the map.
EDIT 7: Small edit to Easy because of one part that might be a liiiitle too hard for newer players.
Rolled
This is moreso hard that normal. Rename that, and then go about creating more difficulties to make this ranking quality :)
Your BPM is a bit fast too btw. Use 150.35.

Also, wtf is a ska :|

Starred!
Topic Starter
Mogsy
Okay, it's been edited. I changed the BPM then added two more difficulties (Easy and Normal, the old Normal now being hard).

Also, I already linked Rolled to this, but if you don't know what ska is, click here. Read the article and look up some of the bands, trust me, ska's awesome.
huskyhawkcougar
oh how i love ska. im making a beatmap for RBF's 'Party Down'
machol30
Please Resnap and racalc all notes by 1/2 beat.

I didn't any major problems. Not a personal favorite either. On Easy, try not to overlap the sliders with hitcirlces. Looks quite ugly at times. Other than that, it looks fine. ;)
Topic Starter
Mogsy

buraimaster1234 wrote:

Please Resnap and racalc all notes by 1/2 beat.

I didn't see any major problems. Not a personal favorite either. On Easy, try not to overlap the sliders with hitcirlces. Looks quite ugly at times. Other than that, it looks fine. ;)
Whoops. Changing that now.

Also, I changed around the sliders in Easy to make it so they don't overlap. Also, there were problems with sliders in some parts of normal and hard (parts that looked a little...weird), so I changed them around a bit.

EDORT: Normal seemed a bit easy, so I changed it around a tiny bit. The changes are insignificant at best, but I felt like they needed to be done.
EDORT: July 10th: Changed around Easy a bit to make it more interesting.
CheeseWarlock
Ska! (The colour scheme is very appropriate.)

Some parts of easy mode seem less than easy to me: the sliders at 2:47 and the last spinner at 2:58, where there's a beat right after it.
Topic Starter
Mogsy

CheeseWarlock wrote:

Ska! (The colour scheme is very appropriate.)

Some parts of easy mode seem less than easy to me: the sliders at 2:47 and the last spinner at 2:58, where there's a beat right after it.
I personally think that they fit. I'll just play it a bit more to raise the difficulty rating a bit. Besides, every difficulty has the small difficulty jump at the end for this, just to keep it a bit more entertaining.

EDORT: Eh, what can ya do. I thought some things would fit the map to make it...still easy. Minor changes.
CheeseWarlock
Well, of course you want to have a difficulty curve. But I can see new players being pretty thrown off by the sudden change in speed there. But you know, leave the spinner thing in. Serves those noobs right. For being noobs. :twisted:

Topic Starter
Mogsy

CheeseWarlock wrote:

Well, of course you want to have a difficulty curve. But I can see new players being pretty thrown off by the sudden change in speed there. But you know, leave the spinner thing in. Serves those noobs right. For being noobs. :twisted:
There is no sudden change in speed. Besides, there were sliders that short beforehand. And each difficulty has that same spinner thing. >:3
CheeseWarlock
I meant the beat timing. Even though it's (let go of slider) (hit beat), it's closer together than anything else in the song.
Topic Starter
Mogsy

CheeseWarlock wrote:

I meant the beat timing. Even though it's (let go of slider) (hit beat), it's closer together than anything else in the song.
Oh. One moment, minor fixing needed~.

Aaaand done.
CheeseWarlock
That's more like it. Can't think of anything else to complain about.
Topic Starter
Mogsy

CheeseWarlock wrote:

That's more like it. Can't think of anything else to complain about.
That's for you to say and for the mods to contradict~
Seriously, tell me anything else keeping this from being mapped. :D
mtmcl
Seems great to me~
Wonder if a nazi mod will burst my bubble.
lukewarmholiday

mtmcl wrote:

Seems great to me~
Wonder if a nazi mod will burst my bubble.

I hope he doesn't pop my bubble buddy
Saturos
Ranking~
Topic Starter
Mogsy
Saturos is epicwin. :D