forum

More Mousewheel Support [Added in b121] [added]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Oddbrother
Here's a few more ideas of use with the mousewheel for functionality:

Song selection with it: Rather than having to move the mouse up and down and holding your cursor over a song, why not use the mousewheel for it instead?

Spinner: Would you consider this cheating or not if you used the mousewheel as an alternative to spin the wheel, especially depending on how many degrees you want it to spin on each little trot? :?
Ivalset
Ugh, I really don't agree with mousewheel for spinners. Spinners really aren't a problem as it is; if we need to throw them onto the mousewheel we might as well just throw them out. As for song selection, I think the mousewheel is a valid option, but then again, I personally prefer the way it's done now. It'll only get better once sorting gets in. Just my thoughts, however.
[deleted user]
I don't agree with mousewheel for spinners, either. They can be easily sped up for impossible-to-match bonuses on the spinners.

As for the song select screen, wouldn't you have to click on the song anyway to select it? It's pretty intuitive as it is, and like Ivalset said, sorting is coming.

A mousewheel suggestion for the editor: I love how the mousewheel zooms in/out in the top timeline. But while in gamefield, I think a better use of it would be to skip through the song (like the left/right arrow keys), possibly depending on how much the top timeline is zoomed. I don't change the placement/selection mode with the mousewheel, but I trigger it without meaning to too often. I also skip through the song often, which is annoying to go back to the keyboard to.
peppy

sanchny wrote:

A mousewheel suggestion for the editor: I love how the mousewheel zooms in/out in the top timeline. But while in gamefield, I think a better use of it would be to skip through the song (like the left/right arrow keys), possibly depending on how much the top timeline is zoomed. I don't change the placement/selection mode with the mousewheel, but I trigger it without meaning to too often. I also skip through the song often, which is annoying to go back to the keyboard to.
This can be done by holding ctrl while rolling the mouse wheel. You might wanna check out the editor guide for newer shortcut additions ;).
[deleted user]

peppy wrote:

You might wanna check out the editor guide for newer shortcut additions ;).
This thread? I did check it, but I don't see that on there. :?
peppy
You do now!
[deleted user]
:P

Can I request that that seeking be switched with placement/selection mode? I'd use seeking more often than placement/selection, and what I said above.
peppy

sanchny wrote:

Can I request that that seeking be switched with placement/selection mode? I'd use seeking more often than placement/selection, and what I said above.
This has been done!
[deleted user]
Awesome. Thank you! :D