forum

Lag with the editor [Resolved in b107]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
GuardianHX
2007-10-18 (b105)
Can get updated osu files from in-game!!
Can enter login by clicking the message on the main menu. Hopefully a bit more obvious.
Custom colours can be specified in beatmaps. Overrides skins and defaults (again - ask me about this one if interested).
Added Cartoon skin by KiraCatgirl to osume extras.
Fixed page display showing 1/0.
Fixed forcing update halfway through playing a song in some rare cases.
Slider end-circles fade when slider is complete (how many times have i broken this? i've lost count).
Locally recorded username defaults to the same as online one.
More work on the new sorting framework. I've got things organised quite nicely, but not displaying in the GUI yet. There's quite a lot to think about with this stuff - way more than meets the eye.
Added ranked position to profile.

Touch-ups here and there. Didn't get too far into the new song selection screen, but made some forward progress! I think you'll all appreciate the ability to update osu files though. This should save a lot of effort.. especially as we keep uploading new versions with timing fixes and whatnot lately.

Oh, yeah I'll do a build tonight. Lets hope I dont fail at it! I hate waking up to a sea of bug reports :(.
Okay, so since I got this update, the editor lags like heck as soon as the beats come into the timeline. It takes around 30 seconds for the pause function to work while it's lagging, and I normally have to sit and wait for it to stop so I can exit.
The play modes work fine, but when I go into the editor and get a song with a bunch of beats, like Brady - Cross Time, or my Ichirin no Hana WIP, I can't work on it, let alone preview it.
The editor worked fine before, I never got any lag or crappy framerates with the program, but now... It's virtually un-usable for me.

I was gonna post this earlier, but I've been busy most of today. :/
Can we get a fix for this? Is anyone else having any problems?
I can't work on any of my songs right now because of this horrible lag. :(
eyup
OK now this is interesting. This was happening to me as well yesterday but only on my desktop, not my laptop, plus I sent the lagging map over to peppy and it ran fine on his, so we kinda decided it was a one-off occurrence. Obviously not! Thanks for the report.

Does the lag only occur on songs with lots of notes? For some reason, the lag only happens on one particular map that I'm working on, but not for others, even note-intensive ones like Cross Time or Scatman.

When peppy wakes up I'll make sure he gets flamed :twisted:
peppy
Its good to know there's more than one person getting this. Or maybe it isn't, but there's more chance of it getting fixed now.

I have no idea why this is happening, so if you have any ideas please voice them. I'll start checking through all my code changes since last release until I find something.
peppy
Bump for fix!

New version has this all sorted. I can't release it just yet because none of my testers are around :cry:, but it will be up soon.
Topic Starter
GuardianHX
Just downloaded the latest files. It works now! Thank you, Peppy! ^_____^