forum

Muse - Supermassive Black Hole

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
BluePaladin25
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Tuesday, July 22, 2008 at 1:08:58 AM

Artist: Muse
Title: Supermassive Black Hole
BPM: 120
Filesize: 4419kb
Play Time: 03:27
Difficulties Available:
  1. Normal (1.66 stars, 137 notes)
  2. Hard (4.29 stars, 267 notes)
Download: Muse - Supermassive Black Hole
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
My 3rd beatmap. I really enjoyed making this one, this song is very fun to map. :)

The timing still feels a tad off to me, but I guess it's just me.

Credit for the spinner goes to my little sister, VespaxGirl! Kudos to Rolled for fixing it up!

Edit1: Added Rolled's fixed spinner, changed BPM ever so slightly and moved the offset
Edit2: Added Normal difficulty. Considering renaming it "Makes you want to fall asleep" difficulty.
Edit3: Added spinner meter, darkened spinner background. Ready to be modded.
Edit4: Normal slightly adjusted.
DawnII
I'm getting something along the lines of 120.02 BPM and 8372 Offset. Sounds a tad better.
Topic Starter
BluePaladin25
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
DawnII
The way I go about it is find an identifiable marker for the first beat in the count. So this map, for example, has a nice hard downbeat on 1, so I just slowed it down to 25% and toyed with the offset until I got it right on the beat.
Agent BA8 Rookbie
Well, firstly I'd like to say, YOU ARE MY HERO FOR DOING THIS SONG.
Anyway, it's seeming pretty good so far (I have no idea about timing sadly) but I think we need some Black Hole shaped Sliders in there. That would make it awesome!
Since it's unfinished, I'll wait until the finished product before I give you the seal of approval.
Topic Starter
BluePaladin25
@DawnII: Hm, okay. I'll do that for my other maps. Thanks for the help!

@Rookbie: Unfortunately, I don't have black-hole shaped sliders, but I am working on a black hole spinner. Which I accidentaly deleted. :( But once I get it back and make it more circle, less oval, I'll repost this in the completed forum.

83% done!! :)
Agent BA8 Rookbie
Aw, oh well, the spinner sounds awesome. Hope you manage to get it back!
DawnII
In my experience Mistimed Hits is only an indicator for how terrible/good the tester is at hitting objects. It really shouldn't be used as a diagnostic for timing. I just went through a sightread, only 4 100's. I think the timing is fine.
Rolled
If I need to make more difficulties to get this ranked, I will, but if I don't, I won't. I don't see a way to make this harder without making it annoyingly difficult, and I hate making easier beatmaps
Life sucks, don't it? :P I completely feel you on this. Normal difficulties are a drool. But to be of ranking quality a song must contain a map ~3 or less stars so it is available to players of all skill levels. So a harder one isn't required, but a normal one will be.

I only got 1 100 my first play of this song, but timing could be shaped up a bit. Use 370 offset with a 120 BPM. Your offset worked, but this is the true offset of the song.

Also, I took the liberty of making your spinner circle more round. Hope you don't mind.
I think you should make a nice spinner BG and metre to match :)

edit: Also, starred. You are a very promising mapper Blue. Keep it up.

Topic Starter
BluePaladin25

Rolled wrote:

... to be of ranking quality a song must contain a map ~3 or less stars so it is available to players of all skill levels.
Well, that makes sense. I'll get to work on an easier one right away.

Rolled wrote:

Also, I took the liberty of making your spinner circle more round. Hope you don't mind.
Of course I don't mind! I couldn't figure out how to do it, and my sister, despite all her Photoshop skills, couldn't figure it out. Muchos gracias! :)
Rolled
The best way to do it is open it up in photoshop, make sure the canvas is a perfect square, and then free transform the image and stretch the circle to each edge of the canvas. Afterwards you can adjust size and stuff if you'd like.
Topic Starter
BluePaladin25
Bumpity. Don't want DawnII and Rolled's help to go to waste.

EDIT: Spinner finished, ready to be modded.
Agent BA8 Rookbie
Why is this map dying.
WHY IS THIS MAP DYING!?
This map is just expertly made! Come on people, we don't have many ranked Muse maps, and this one here is a MASTERPIECE.
DawnII
As expected, everything looks good placement-wise. FCed Hard sightread with 4 100s. My only gripe is the sample sound volume is a bit low, the song really overpowers everything.
machol30
Awesome beatmap! I approve! 'd :)
Hitoshirenu Shourai
You win the internet.

No, not really, but you can have a .
Topic Starter
BluePaladin25
Holy shit, guys, I was just in ranked beatmaps and saw this, and I was all like, WTF? WHAT?

:lol: Thanx for the ranking, Burai and Hito!

I'd almost forgotten about this, was gonna go on chat today and see if I could get somebody to look at it, but, well, it's been done for me apparently. :D
nuisible
mm i love this bm :3
good job~