forum

ALI Project - Seishoujo Ryouiki

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
MaxwellDemon
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Saturday, August 23, 2008 at 5:47:11 AM

Artist: ALI Project
Title: Seishoujo Ryouiki
BPM: 137
Filesize: 7350kb
Play Time: 04:15
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy (2.3 stars, 252 notes)
  2. Normal (3.91 stars, 331 notes)
  3. Hard (4.79 stars, 492 notes)
  4. Insane (4.81 stars, 641 notes)
Download: ALI Project - Seishoujo Ryouiki
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Wheeee... this beatmap was a pain to map. =.=;;

I'll map an easy/normal later on, followed by an insane (one of the part I really wanted to map I had to put a break in because Hard is 10mil. XD)

The standard plz, timing check, and stuff. :P

UPDATE: Normal and insane now included... some issues that concerns this going into ranking:
- Normal is FOUR stars... however, I find this to be the easiest for this song... I might attempt again if mods find normal too hard
- Insane is... well... insane. We are gonna need some top players' help for this to see if it is passable.
- There is now an easy~

Other than that... tear into the beat placements! :D
hunnykilla
Cool map, nice background.

Good but i keep getting 100s, maybe it'll change with the timing? haha or maybe im just not good anymore.
Also, the slider numbered 13 is tricky at 1:33. And theres a long break at 3:08 that lasts nearly for 30 seconds but hey, if its all for the 10 mil its good.
Topic Starter
MaxwellDemon
Changed the offset. :o
Also upped the health drain a bit. :3

All in all though, definitely need some timing help! XO
eirrol
Interasting. I never thought that this song can be mapped!
I might be the only one who thinks about this but at 0:28:60 and 0:36:36 these quarter beats are confusing... Is it better to use 1/6 beat snap?
Topic Starter
MaxwellDemon
I actually thought this song was very mappable, so I was a little surprised that after so many attempts, this song is still not ranked... So, if I need 1/6th divisor, I have a feeling my timing is slightly off. :P
Saturos
The little bit that I played with it, seems like a lot of this map actually falls on 1/8 notes. BPM and offset seem correct.

Have fun fixing this up. I don't envy you. <3
Topic Starter
MaxwellDemon
Huuuge, huge thanks to peppy for finding the correct offset, the map now sounds 150% better!
I will work on an easy and then an insane later on (maybe after more modding is done). >:3
eirrol
Your timing is not off. 1/6 divisor allows you to map 1/3 notes. It's very necessary in this kind of songs.
Insane? This map is hard enough! Insane is not necessary!!

Topic Starter
MaxwellDemon
I don't think 1/3 is necessary at all for this song. Thanks for suggesting it anyway. :P
And well, there is this one instrumental part I reaaally want to map, so that's why insane is coming. THAT bit might need 1/3th beats. XD
eirrol
So I guess you are going to just filp over Hard for Insane then!
Topic Starter
MaxwellDemon
... I get a little bit more creative than that. XD
CheeseWarlock
Is it all up-to-date with the edits? The offset sounds too high to me... I set it to 1,098 and it sounds a lot cleaner.

EDIT: At 1:54 in Hard, beats 13 and 14 are off. Use 1/2 snap there. I don't think the mistake is repeated anywhere else.
Topic Starter
MaxwellDemon
The offsets are correct. :P

1,098 would make the beats sound very, very awkward. Good eye for those beats! I actually didn't catch that. XD
Ivalset
Sexy bitch in a tophat.

James
whats hard on MD's insane? got it on first try. lots of slider miss and spinners tho

Topic Starter
MaxwellDemon
You know, tons of people asked me to put the Hp drain down by a notch, so that's what I did... but after I saw James's comment... HP drain is back up~.
James
im just too pro to play~
Topic Starter
MaxwellDemon
Hahaha, alright.
Anywho, since the insane of this is above 5 stars in peppy's formula, peppy told me to tell all mods to not rank this map until the issues had been looked into and fixed (though agony have a similar problem and nothing have been affected yet).
I'd still however appreciate if the mods would look into this! :P
eirrol

MaxwellDemon wrote:

Hahaha, alright.
Anywho, since the insane of this is above 5 stars in peppy's formula, peppy told me to tell all mods to not rank this map until the issues had been looked into and fixed (though agony have a similar problem and nothing have been affected yet).
I'd still however appreciate if the mods would look into this! :P
This is just too hard for a mouse. Touchscreen? I can do it with hard rock+hidden+sundden death!
chan
I think this is more or less ok, I got a lot of beats about 20ms early but maybe that's just me? My main critique is that the notes could be placed more in time with the music. For example:

[normal]
00:18:40 (5) - start 1/2 beat later?
00:26:94 (5) - space note instead of stack
00:38:77 (2) - end 1/2 beat earlier?
00:39:86 (3) - end 1/2 beat earlier?
00:40:74 (4) - start 1/2 beat later?

This is a non-exhaustive run through the map. Not unrankable as is, just want to see if you think these suggestions sound/play better or not.

One more thing, noticed you matched the note colours to the background. Matching, but hard to see some of the approach circles for me.
show more