forum

HALCALI - Tip Taps Tip

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
vytalibus
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Wednesday, October 22, 2008 at 3:23:02 AM

Artist: HALCALI
Title: Tip Taps Tip
BPM: 120.04
Filesize: 4880kb
Play Time: 03:55
Difficulties Available:
  1. Tip (0.99 stars, 123 notes)
  2. Taps (2.83 stars, 208 notes)
  3. Maxwell's TipTaps (4.5 stars, 401 notes)
Download: HALCALI - Tip Taps Tip
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
This is an experimental beatmap I've just made. I'm challenging myself with picking out a song I'm not very familiar with, and I let my brother choose. It just so happens that the song he picked out is this hard to make a beat on. Sliders and two-taps dominate the hit population in this beatmap, and I've tried going out for a slower slider velocity. Overall, I've enjoyed working on this beatmap, and I'm sure you'll enjoy it too. Have fun!

MaxwellDemon's kind enough to make an Insane version of this song, and I like how it turned out. In his version, spinners are the things people should be aware of, and his strategic placement of beats will certainly put up a challenge in such a slow song. Enjoy!
Loginer
peppy
+1

Bit long for my liking but still within rankable limits. Gonna make a hard?

Starred for now (I haven't taken a thorough look yet but its worth a star for sure).
MaxwellDemon
Generally from what I have seen from your beatmap, it has very inconsistent beat spacing. If you don't know what beat spacing is, turn on distance snaps and then move your beats around (this distance set could be adjusted by holding alt and adjusting the slider bar that replaces the divisor bar).

Tips Difficulty:

00:50:62 (2) - Move it back to the white tick at 00:50:37 and extend it back to the original ending position
00:54:62 (1) - Same thing as above, same ending spot, but starting spot needs to go back to the white tick
01:10:62 (4) - Same thing again
02:10:62 (2) - Same thing again XD
02:30:62 (3) - And again... :P
03:27:37 (1) - Highlight everything from this point on and snap the first beat 1/4 beat ahead (the next white tick).
03:37:12 (4) - And again. :P
03:53:12 (3) - And again. XD

Don't be too discouraged by the changes I am asking you to make, it is just makes things sound smoother. :)

Taps Difficulty

00:20:87 (4) - Get it to end at 00:21:12 (remove the kick)
00:21:87 (5) - Remove this beat and make a slider at 00:21:36 and extend it to where this beat was originally was
00:28:37 (3) - Remove this beat, it isn't necessary, it almost makes the break a little bit abrupt with it. :P
01:54:12 (4,5) - Delete slider five, get slider four to repeat to 01:55:08
01:55:62 (6,7) - Delete slider seven, stretch slider six to 01:56:08
02:00:24 - It wouldn't hurt to add a beat here :P
03:27:24 (1) - Highlight everything from this point on and snap the first beat 1/4 beat ahead (the next white tick).

Fix those things up, it's bubble worthy! :)
MaxwellDemon
Alright, here is the hard difficulty you requested. Going to have to find another mod to mod it because if I do it, there'll be bias. XD

Rename the difficulty whatever you want. :)

Download: HALCALI - Tip Taps Tip (vytalibus) [Maxwell].osu
Topic Starter
vytalibus
Maxwell, I took the liberty of editing your Insane because I wanted this song to retain its form. Not saying that I hate your version, however. I played through it and liked how you put the hit circles :3. I even only had to do one change because it's making the song too long.

04:13:99 - Deleted all spinners but one.
Kasada
Very well done vytalibus. I enjoyed Normal a lot. Also, " " means same as above.

Easy: 00:46:60 - Incorrect Beatspacing.
2:16:82 - " ".
3:30:80 - This hit is really stealthy, IMO, and I don't think it's fit for Easy. Your call.

That's all I could find in Easy. Note that the times I said the Beatspacing was wrong, they were places that really stood out to me. The Beatspacing isn't perfectly consistant. A suggestion I would like to make would be to use smaller hit circles because the current size makes the screen feel a bit crowded. Again, your call.

Normal: 00:28:36 - I think a hit marker here would sound nice. Your call.

...and that was all I could find. Awesome job.
awp
Tip:
120/3/0/0
damn those two notes after that one break that I 100'd =x
(Nothing wrong with this difficulty)

Taps:
205/3/0/0
Still not finding any glaring issues

MD's TipTaps:
Gave this one a backseat to the editor because didn't wanna bust out tablet and wanted MORE EAT so watching it,

stopped watching it. Looked too fun to play so I jumped in. Only criticism is, of course, the spinners. They're unpredictable to the point where you'll have to memorize the map, and the use of "Spinner chaotics" will abuse mouse players that use wild spinning circles by throwing their cursor out of order right before the next hitcircle comes into play. On the other hand, the spinners seem pretty easy to clear and may not require very wild mouse techniques to safely land. Also, the difference in score between Taps and TipTaps is a multiple of 5 - I don't know what the etiquette behind that is.

BUT I THINK THE MAPS ARE JUST FINE AS THEY ARE unless the spinners need changing - get a mousepro or two to comment on that.
Saturos
I don't know how everyone else feels on it, but I hate spinners that are impossible to 300. With that said, though...other than playing the song through once or twice to know when the fast spinners are coming, I could 100 all of them fine.
MaxwellDemon
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
awp
Graveyarded? I don't care this should not be >=|

Why the fuck isn't this ranked yet? I took a look and here are some gripes~

Maxwell's TipTaps:
00:08:61 (1) - Spinner is too short to 300 (at least, 500rpm isn't enough). I don't think any spinner should be less than a beat in length. 04:03:00 too. 04:10:99.

The other two difficulties are fine imo
MaxwellDemon
Where is vyta and his fix? :(
Mogsy
vytalibus, make the fixes, seriously. ): Come on and fix it, and a bubble is yours~
Topic Starter
vytalibus
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Mogsy
Okay, eventually got back to this.

Maxwell's TipTaps:
Yeah, nothing wrong besides the numbering. It ticked me off so much. x3 So here it is, renumbered to save you (and me) time.
Download: HALCALI - Tip Taps Tip (vytalibus) [Maxwell's TipTaps].osu

Get that .osu on there and THEN I'll bubble. x3
Topic Starter
vytalibus
If you haven't noticed yet, I've updated Tip Taps Tip. :)
Mogsy
You get a Mogsy bubble. I kept forgetting to check this.

m980
I find no Problems.

<3