forum

If they made a new DS, what features would you like it to ha

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
IplayEBA
I'd like it to be solar powered with a capacitor so that if you can't find your charger in the day you can leave it in the sun and play at night without the light on;

A map that is operatable by buttons and touch screen and updates whenever you connect to Wi-Fi (in case buildings get knocked down and stuff);

Channels like the Wii has (would that work?);

A GLOW IN THE DARK colour would be brilliant as well;

...And that's all I can think of for the moment. Any other ideas; don't hesitate to post!
awp
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Druid_old
Double Touch! Like the iPhone XD It'll be more fun XD
Slain087
- Continued GBA support (I've heard that future DS units will not have any GBA compatibility)
- More durable shoulder buttons
- A non-awkward Power switch
Neo@lex
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
awp
I forgot pressure sensitivity
Loginer

awp wrote:

The DS IS pressure sensitive. Download "Colors!" and see for yourself.

I would love a better sound card(48kBps should be good enough), more powerful CPUs(The first one on at least 300 MHz, and at least 100 MHz on the second one), better screens(Higher resolution, that is), and a free plastic monkey. :3
Topic Starter
IplayEBA

Slain087 wrote:

- Continued GBA support (I've heard that future DS units will not have any GBA compatibility)
- More durable shoulder buttons
- A non-awkward Power switch
My responses, from bottom to top:

oh yeah
absolutely
OH HECK REALLY!?! That's gonna take the fun out of Pal park
Topic Starter
IplayEBA
I was thinking in 2006 about a GameBox (NOT the Gamecube) that just brings all consoles together (PSP, NDS, GBA etc.)with every port for every console, young and old, imaginable. Price: $400,000. i would've done pounds but my keyboard was set to American.
Neo@lex

IplayEBA wrote:

I was thinking in 2006 about a GameBox (NOT the Gamecube) that just brings all consoles together (PSP, NDS, GBA etc.)with every port for every console, young and old, imaginable. Price: $400,000. i would've done pounds but my keyboard was set to American.
My Grandad had a Vube, which plays PS2, Xbox, PS1 and Gamecube games, He got it from some bootleg shop in spain, and it stopped working after about a week.
Vube2 plzthx.
Loginer

IplayEBA wrote:

BEHOLD! The PERSONAL COMPUTER!!

Sure, it can't emulate the PS3 or the 360, but most third-party games are ported to the PC sooner or later. The PSP/Xbox is in development, and the Wii is possible, but other than that, they're all available. Oh, and it doesn't cost more than your house/apartment.
awp

Loginer wrote:

awp wrote:

So I've heard but apparently that's Satan's work and Nintendo doesn't claim to support pressure sensitivity. In fact I think they said it wasn't supported.
anonymous_old
Loginer

awp wrote:

Loginer wrote:

awp wrote:

So I've heard but apparently that's Satan's work and Nintendo doesn't claim to support pressure sensitivity. In fact I think they said it wasn't supported.
That's because they're evil. D:

HyperHongMeiling wrote:

I would acually like to have the Internet on the DS. Well...if it has enough memory.
...There IS a DS browser(And it comes with an RAM extension pack).
Neo@lex

Loginer wrote:

HyperHongMeiling wrote:

I would acually like to have the Internet on the DS. Well...if it has enough memory.
...Which fails epically.
RemmyX25

neo@lex wrote:

Loginer wrote:

HyperHongMeiling wrote:

...Which fails epically.
I heard it was canceled, and the only place to find them are sketchy online stores like on eBay.
anonymous_old
I didn't know that, lol. I wonder why it got cancelled, because I think it would've been a pretty good attachment.
iplayeba2
It should have a slider so you can change the brightness mid-game
Mogsy
Woah, large text is large.

And essentially, I want to be able to have a more accurate depiction of battery life, the ability to disable the backlight, and pressure sensitivity.
awp

Mogsworth wrote:

And essentially, I want to be able to have a more accurate depiction of battery life, the ability to disable the backlight, and pressure sensitivity.
lol that's basically exactly what I said

You can disable the backlight on the DS's main menu though, just fyi
show more