forum

Insomnic - Super Mario Bros 2 OC ReMix

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
kingcobra52
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Wednesday, August 06, 2008 at 11:28:24 PM

Artist: Insomnic
Title: Super Mario Bros 2 OC ReMix
BPM: 119.94
Filesize: 3688kb
Play Time: 02:29
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy (2.33 stars, 159 notes)
  2. Normal (3.45 stars, 195 notes)
  3. Hard (4.69 stars, 299 notes)
  4. Insane (5 stars, 456 notes)
Download: Insomnic - Super Mario Bros 2 OC ReMix
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Beatmap #7!

For those of you who noticed my very 1st submission in the beatmap help thread, this is the exact same song from that except this time, I'm using the entire remix. The remix can be found here:

http://www.ocremix.org/remix/OCR00268/

For right now, I only have an easy difficulty, but I definitely plan on adding normal, hard, and possibly expert/insane.

As always, let me know if I overlooked something.

Peace.

Edit: Made corrections burai mentioned.
Edit 2: Normal added
Edit 3: Hard added
Edit 4: Adjusted bpm/offsets on all difficulties, fixed spacing on normal. minor fix to hard.
Edit 5: Insane added
Edit 6: Fixed up easy and normal.
Edit 7: Tweaked all difficulties. Recalc'ed all slider lengths. Hopefully made easy and normal less confusing. ><
Edit 8: Minor fixes. (easy and normal)
Edit 9: Offset change.
machol30
Yay! more OCRemix! :)

Timing: 119.94 BPM. The offset may be off.
00:30:45 (2) - farther away from 1.
02:01:01 (6) - begin at 02:00:88?
Some sliders feel unfitting for an Easy difficulty, ie. the ones that hold for 1/4 beat. Just my preference.

Requires another difficulty.

Going to edit my post if I can find anything else.

edit: and true enough, I did.
00:23:95 (5) - closer to 6.
01:02:85 (3) - suggestion: 1/4 beat earlier (and then space accordingly)?
02:18:88 (3) - same.

Well... Easy maps aren't really my thing. Getting a lot better though. :P
Topic Starter
kingcobra52
Bump. Normal added.
awp
I still suspect the timing's off because it changes by .01 in the middle of the song, but the manual adjustment is so minor we might as well let it go. Second offset is 14ms early though.

Easy:
Nothing jumped out - you use quarter beats which is generally a NO DON'T for easy, but the song's melody is quirky and it's kind of a necessity. Tricky beatmap to SS.

Normal:
Gotta watch the beatspacing, sometimes it's a bit misleading - particularly after sliders.

Hard: Some of the sliders fall on unusual beats, such as the combo at 00:31:21 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - they sound better as half-beat sliders imo

It is a pretty good map, but I think an insane mode that hits all of those little beats (rather than selectively in an occasionally confusing manner) would result in a lot of fun.
Topic Starter
kingcobra52
Ok. Hopefully it should be a bit better now. I think the reason why the bpm was varying by .01 was that 1 section was 119.94 and the other was 119.95. I forgot to change the other. ><

An insane level's definitely coming up, and I bet it will be fun like you said. :P
Topic Starter
kingcobra52
bump.
machol30
Indeed, a very confusing map. I saw nothing really objectional, except for some very minor spacing issues.
'd
Topic Starter
kingcobra52
In that case, I'm considering removing normal and hard entirely. This song simply has too many beats, which is why it's a confusing map. With easy following the quarter beats (what I plan to do) and insane hitting every beat, it's really difficult to find a place in between with this type of song without it being tricky.

What do you guys think? Is there room for normal and hard with this type of song? If there is, how would it work out without being confusing?

...I'm kinda unsure of what to do right now. :|
James
offset at 41975?

hard and insane:
none i guess

normal:
try to adjust all the sliders that ends in a blue tick by extending it by 1/4 beat forward. sounds better. same goes for easy.

easy:
i suggest that you AVOID placing notes on the blue tick on easy. GO.
Topic Starter
kingcobra52
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
kingcobra52
bump.
machol30
Easy:
00:56:48 (5) - I think should be half note long and repeated once.
02:09:27 (4) - same.

Normal:
It is confusing some parts, and haven't tested new ver. out in play mode.
00:31:71 (2) - nitpicky here, little closer to 3.

Hard:
01:58:89 (3) - just a little closer to 2.
02:14:02 (1) - bring back 1/4 beat.

Insane:
02:24:40 (3) - little closer to 2.
02:28:78 (9) - little closer to 8.

Also, I noticed lots of unsnapped sliders in Insane. Not sure if it is in all difficulties though. Recalculate al slider lengths please. :P
Topic Starter
kingcobra52
Done. I also tried making easy and normal even less confusing.

Comments are welcome. :)
machol30
Easy:
00:30:21 (1) - closer to 2, please

Normal:
01:23:49 (3) - bring back 1/4 beat, sounds a lot better
01:29:49 (3) - same
01:35:50 (4) - same
01:41:50 (4) - same
Topic Starter
kingcobra52
Done. :)

machol30
Cool! I approve.
Hitoshirenu Shourai
I think this sounds lot better snapped at 1/6 following the beats. Tell me what you think >_>

Edit: Yeah, this is definitely supposed to be 1/6 snapped. You're gonna have to fix a lot of stuff. Popping this bubble.

Download: French Bread - Raganarok Battle Offline- Sky Blue Melody (NekoKawaii) [Rhytm test=3].osu
awp
Second round of attacks on timing

Section 1:
Offset is 1,940

Section 2:
Offset is 41,968

BPM of 119.94...is actually right. That's odd.

Some notes still sound a bit mis-snapped though. EG: 00:15:69 (6) - on hard should be at 00:15:82, yes?

One of the problems with the song is you've got the techno THUMP, THUMP, THUMP on every beat, but sometimes a melody note comes a quarter beat early, so what do you snap to, the thump or the melody ? EG 00:21:95 (1) - move to 00:21:82 ??? Decisions, decisions.
Topic Starter
kingcobra52

Hitoshirenu Shourai wrote:

I think this sounds lot better snapped at 1/6 following the beats. Tell me what you think >_>

Edit: Yeah, this is definitely supposed to be 1/6 snapped. You're gonna have to fix a lot of stuff. Popping this bubble.
Do you think you can list specifics areas where 1/6 would be better to use than 1/4? When I tried converting hard to 1/6, a lot of it didn't sound right at all, even when I moved stuff around. :|
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.