forum

Motoi Sakuraba - Leap the precipice

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
LadySuburu
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Saturday, July 12, 2008 at 6:12:41 AM

Artist: Motoi Sakuraba
Title: Leap the precipice
BPM: 85
Filesize: 6295kb
Play Time: 01:33
Difficulties Available:
  1. Dream (2.36 stars, 121 notes)
  2. Vision (4.3 stars, 192 notes)
  3. Reality V2? (4.86 stars, 269 notes)
  4. Reality (4.86 stars, 269 notes)
Download: Motoi Sakuraba - Leap the precipice
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
This is my first beatmap, and I'm not quite sure of the quality. I tried to get everything as nice as I could on my own. I'd also like to finish mapping the whole thing, or if someone else feels like it, they can do so.

So far, I like how it has turned out, and I can pass it. I know there's something I'm not doing I should, because I'm new to this. So that's what I'm waiting for. XD

Thanks to those of you who help me finish this. ^_^

Edit1/2: Forgot to mention that this is a draft though, it's not quite near done. | As it was a filler anyways, removed long spinner and replaced with a break, will fill in the middle soon.

Edit3/4: Expanded Insane mode a bit. Also fixed offset and BPM. | Before finishing insane, made an easier Hard. Also changed difficulty names to fit with the Eternal Sonata theme.

Edit5/6: Increased slider speed, reworked spacing on Vision. | Added Dream. It sucks, but it's there.

Edit7: Got as far as I can seem to get with it... I can't get the next part to work right it seems, and I'm kind-of stuck here... I'd like to end the song around 2:38, but I can't seem to actually get the notes in properly. If someone's willing to help, that'd be great. XD

Edit8: I tried using the distance snap just to see how it'd play, and I don't like how it looks that much, but it sure is harder. I don't exactly know if it's BETTER though. The distance-snapped map is Reality V2, though I did leave a few spots unsnapped.
Ivalset
I suppose I'll take a crack at this.
Timing:
BPM: 85 or 170
Offset: 6150
After setting this, you'll likely need to run through the map and make sure all the beats line up - they may need to be manually adjusted so that they fall directly on lines in the timeline. Also, the section in the break seems to be slower than the rest of the song, so another timing section may be needed after to realign with the beat.
James
wow ival modded a map
Ivalset
I've taken a crack at aligning most of the notes to the timeline. Attached is insane with the minor fixes made. Give it a listen to and see if you can hear the difference, as well as test it. Also, I moved my first offset down a bit more as I found it was slightly off, didn't check the second offset though. Sliders might still be a bit off, and note placement may need adjusting, but I think it sounds much improved overall. All I did was drag the notes individually in the timeline until they snapped to the lines, then gave it a quick listen to, and adjusted the rest. Some sections were aligned in 1/4th beat divisor, while others were done in 1/6th.

Also note, my modding skills are terribad.

Download: Motoi Sakuraba - Leap the precipice (LadySuburu) [Insane Aligned].osu
Topic Starter
LadySuburu
Ivalset: It's much MUCH better now. Thanks. I played through it and it feels a lot cleaner than before.

Edit: Plans for next update - Finish Insane, Try to find a good difficulty for Hard.
CheeseWarlock
Fixed Reality up a bit. Mostly in terms of timing, though I fixed a few sliders lengths too.

0:29 to 0:33 - Different timings, but similar placement. Ask an expert about this.
0:41 - Another tricky sequence; see above.
1:32 - Just can't get that 6-hit combo sounding right...

EDIT: Seems I missed a timing fix right at the beginning. Around 0:14, use 1/4 snap instead of 1/6. 10 should be on a blue mark, 11 on a red mark, and 12 on a white mark.

Download: Motoi Sakuraba - Leap the precipice (LadySuburu) [Reality V3!].osu
Topic Starter
LadySuburu
Okay, I've officially given up on mapping this for now... If any of you mappers wants to take this off my hands and map it, I give my permission. T.T

Download: Lia - Tori no Uta (skyflying) [Breeze's Difficulty2].osu
awp
Someone told me to time this for you so if you give up on it you give up on yourself. Give up on yourself, and you give up on the world.

I've timed the first half of the song, which, fortunately, is as much as you've mapped so I don't have to time the whole thing ^__________^

Section 1:
BPM: 85.00
Offset: 6,135

Section 2:
BPM: 83.50
Offset: 62,605

Section 3:
BPM: 170.00
Offset: 74,055

Section 4:
BPM: 84.00
Offset: 85,349

Section 5:
BPM: 85.00
Offset: 93,920

Section 6:
BPM: 83.50
Offset: 105,214

enjoy~
Wyna
I want this songg plzzzz!! T_T
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.