forum

I think this Game would be better if

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
[deleted user]
You could use the number keys. I'am a huge EBA fan I played the hell out of the game but this game although it can be fun it is to much working with the mouse if you could use the number keys I think it would be a big hit just with the user genrated content it could make for some great gaming that almost any pc can play on But i found it rather difficult to play this game just due to trying to move around with the mouse
Ivalset
I don't think this is a good idea. The mouse movement gets easier as you play more. Using the number keys would nullify all of the difficulty created by placing beats around the screen.
Kylecito
OH YEAH i think somebody already did that... its called stepmania
Hitoshirenu Shourai

Kylecito wrote:

OH YEAH i think somebody already did that... its called stepmania
So true! XD!

Maybe if StepMania had "beats" like osu! has, it'd be more fun.
Kylecito
heres the real suggestion

I think this Game would be better if.....

IVALSET AND EYUP DIDN'T HOG ALL THE DAMN FIRST PLACES AAAAAGGGGG
Hitoshirenu Shourai

Kylecito wrote:

heres the real suggestion

I think this Game would be better if.....

IVALSET AND EYUP DIDN'T HOG ALL THE DAMN FIRST PLACES AAAAAGGGGG
Oh? Well, here's a solution: Get better. LOL!
chan
Man, that took a while to read, I didn't know punctuation wasn't cool anymore -_-'

Games like stepmania and beatmania (and I guess percussion freaks, to some extent) are more like what's being alluded to. I think a keyboard option in osu! is pretty unnecessary and makes many (great) aspects of the game redundant.
Rod_old
Well, I think it could be interesting if you could also use one of the keyboard keys to "tap" the beat, just like the left-click does. q: (my mouse's buttons are pretty hard... -_-')
Hitoshirenu Shourai

Rod wrote:

Well, I think it could be interesting if you could also use one of the keyboard keys to "tap" the beat, just like the left-click does. q: (my mouse's buttons are pretty hard... -_-')
Actually, I was thinking about requesting that. Maybe let the Space bar be able to click the beats while you aim with the pointer. Then again, you could accidently click, or accidently press the space bar, but that's still a valid option.
peppy

hitoshirenu wrote:

Rod wrote:

Actually, I was thinking about requesting that. Maybe let the Space bar be able to click the beats while you aim with the pointer. Then again, you could accidently click, or accidently press the space bar, but that's still a valid option.
This has been added and will be available in the next release!
Rod_old

peppy wrote:

hitoshirenu wrote:

Rod wrote:

This has been added and will be available in the next release!
Great news! :D

Will you go for the Space Bar idea, or a customizable any-key option? :3
peppy
Space bar only at the moment. Maybe I should make it every key on the keyboard except for esc/tab/alt/f4 :twisted:.
Kylecito
HOLY CRAP THIS IS AWESOME IT PLAYS SO GOOD WITH THE SPACEBAR :)!!!!!!!!!

complaint time (im kylecito after all):
spacebar is a huge key! that mean it needs more precision to hit it with good timing!
it works awesome but some other "smaller" key would work wonders imo! what about adding ctrl also? ;D

i l u peppy btw, this was one of my ancient suggestions :')
Extor
Or you can go japanese and use "Z" and "X". Those two can be nice for the double clicking beatmaps.
peppy
See changelog :)