forum

Cartel - Honestly

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
huskyhawkcougar
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Saturday, July 12, 2008 at 2:56:46 PM

Artist: Cartel
Title: Honestly
BPM: 143.65
Filesize: 4083kb
Play Time: 03:25
Difficulties Available:
  1. Normal (2.86 stars, 255 notes)
  2. Hard (3.79 stars, 303 notes)
Download: Cartel - Honestly
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
-Added a hard mode and made the beat spacings clear. Enjoy! Rate high!
Rolled
Pretty well done. I know this song well though, so it's hard to find spacing inconsistancies in the map. There are a few though.

First of all, good job on the timing, but I think the offset is a bit early. 75 is the proper offset IMO, but that might make resnapping a problem. So your 15100 works fine, just speed it up 10 ms. 15110.

Spacing things:
It is important that distance on the playing field corresponds to distance on the timeline. IE - 33:90. The 5/6/7 are all a half beat apart, and the 8 is a full beat from 7. Therefor 5/6/7 should have equidistant spacing (ignoring the 5 and 6 stack,) and 8 should be twice as far from the 7 as the other three are from each other.
Other examples:
58:34
1:50:34
1:53:68
1:58:07

It is likely that there is more, but hopefully you get the point here. The best way to ensure proper beatspacing is to toggle on Distance Snapping when you space notes, or just hold Alt. Also you should use the same distance snapping 99% of the time in the map (excluding the occasional jump)

Also, I believe ranking standards have been changed and from now on no beatmap with just one difficulty can be ranked. So with that, I request hard mode :)

ALSO: When changing offset/BPM, make sure to do the four R's in my signature.
Topic Starter
huskyhawkcougar
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Rolled
Much better spacing. You did a good job on that.

There is really nothing else "wrong" with your map that I can find, but there are a lot of things you can do to polish it up.

The beat spacing in hard is the same as normal. Like I said, nothing really wrong with this, but it doesn't differentiate the difficulties too much. If you notice how the last stream at 3:23:38 has .5 distance snap, you could manage with .8, or even up to .1 if you want to make this a bit more challenging. Just make sure which ever snapping you choose you enforce it on your whole map.

While I'm on this combo, it did not snap properly when you changed the offset. Highlight numbers 3-7 and then press K on your keyboard. Problem fixed.

Also, the song stops suddenly imo. Add a spinner at the end or map out Cartel's last words.

One last thing for now, this song is in desperate need for hit sounds! Get creative and add some hit whistles/finishes where you feel suits best.

You're doing a nice job with this so far. Going to star this :)
Topic Starter
huskyhawkcougar
In all honesty [no pun intended], I'm not sure what you mean in your first 3 points (everything before adding sounds)
Rolled
The first point is a bit confusing, sorry about that. All I meant simply was that all the notes are pretty close together for a hard map. Take note of 00:19:07 - 8-12, and the attatched image. They are currently spaced like in number 1, when number 2 would be a bit more suited for a hard map (#1 spacing is at .5. This simple means the space between 2 notes a full beat apart is half the spacing (.5) that a slider would take to complete 1 full beat) Beat spacing 2 is set at a .8 distance snap, which gives it just enough room so that the notes are not overlapping. To change the snapping distance, hold Alt and scroll the mouse wheel. You will see the changes in the top right of the screen.

Ths second point, go to 3:23:38 in the timeline. Hold Ctrl and click the numbers 3-7. After they are all highlighted, press "K" on your keyboard and this will fix the snapping problem.

Third point, I just think that you should map out "I'm being honest" on the end. Put a spinner there or just add some hitcircles.
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.