forum

Good Wii Games

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
iplayeba2
Post info on good games on the wii. ONLY RATED UP TO 12 PLEASE!
awp
The Godfather: Blackhand Edition (Action {similar to GTA})
No More Heroes (Action Adventure)
Resident Evil 4 (Third Person Shooter)
Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles (Rail shooter)

lol those are all rated M let's turn the page away from guns and dismembering

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Fighting)
Super Mario Galaxy (Platform Adventure)
LoZ: Twilight Princess (Zelda game duh)
wiicademan
Awp pretty much said it all, except for Metroid prime 3(a first-person adventure game))
Loginer
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
hunnykilla

wiicademan wrote:

Awp pretty much said it all, except for Metroid prime 3(a first-person adventure game))
Metroid was ok, i stopped playing it.

MarioKart WII? i still have to try that out.
awp
I loved Metroid Prime, but honestly was not all that drawn into MP3. Excited at first, but about 3 or 4 hours it got boring.

MP3 is very immersing. The only problem is, they decided to immerse you in a relatively boring setting.
Shirotora_old
Haven't played the first 4 on awp's list, own and love the last 3. Mario Kart WII was... fun, but not great. I still prefer the SNES version for it's sheer originality, great level design, lovely items (I hate the blue shell, and where's the feather gone to? ;_;) and ofcourse the huge amount of good memories that come with it.
lukewarmholiday

awp wrote:

MP3 is very immersing. The only problem is, they decided to immerse you in a relatively boring setting.
The problem with MP3 is, MP1 and MP2 are all about backtracking and exploring the environment. MP3 is like, here is a pretty environment now we will draw a line from point A to point B for you to follow so you don't have to take a 2nd look at your surroundings.
awp

lukewarmholiday wrote:

The problem with MP3 is, MP1 and MP2 are all about backtracking and exploring the environment. MP3 is like, here is a pretty environment now we will draw a line from point A to point B for you to follow so you don't have to take a 2nd look at your surroundings.
Environments weren't as lavish either. Seriously, the best memory I have of Metroid Prime is the place where you land your ship after the space station. That one circular room. It's fucking gorgeous.

Also, lol draw line from point A to point B. Current generation gamers are so stupid D=

Download: Horie Yui - Baby, I love you! (orioncomet) [3].osu
Loginer

Shirotora wrote:

Haven't played the first 4 on awp's list, own and love the last 3. Mario Kart WII was... fun, but not great. I still prefer the SNES version for it's sheer originality, great level design, lovely items (I hate the blue shell, and where's the feather gone to? ;_;) and ofcourse the huge amount of good memories that come with it.
Am I the only one who dislikes the old Mario Karts? I found Double Dash to be one of the best games in the series.
awp
lol I thoguht Double Dash was the worst, myself. It was MK64 4 life until Wii came around.

Loginer
To be more specific, I loved the new mini-boost system, the double drivers, and the fact that it was finally in full 3D. It also had a more action-filled environments that felt less generic. But I guess some people prefer the ol' classic style/system. :/

Also, the guys over at GameFAQs are hyped up over a secret conference. They really think Nintendo is going to announce something good, lol.
K-S-O
Nobody mentioned Zack & Wiki? Shame on you guys! That is an awesome puzzle adventure game that Wii owners need to play!

If you don't mind mini-game collections, Wario Ware Smooth Moves is a great choice. It's pretty much the only mini-game collection we ever need, though Raving Rabbids is also pretty good. Speaking of Wario, the upcoming Wario Land Shake It looks awesome. Tales of Symphonia 2 and de Blob look like pretty good games as well.

If you have access to Wiiware, you could invest some points into Toki Tori. I just downloaded that game a few days and it's fantastic platform puzzle game. As far as Wiiware titles go, I myself am looking forward to Mega Man 9, Strong Bad, and Tetris Party.

Let's not forget the plenty of good titles out on Virtual Console. I got Kirby's Adventure, Starfox 64, Gunstar Heroes, Sin and Punishment, and Dynamite Headdy. I still need to get Paper Mario, Super Mario Bros. 3, the Adventures of Lolo series, and the other Treasure games I haven't gotten yet. I'm still waiting for Earthbound and the Earthworm Jim games to come out.

Yep, I have lots to enjoy out of my Wii.
Axel
okk...never heard of it but everybody should play Super Smash Bros Brawl =D
K-S-O
Heck yeah! Strong Bad just came out for Wiiware!

Point-and-click adventure players rejoice!
Jeshi_old
Good Wii games?
That's like making a topic called Good 360 games or good PS3 games.

How about a more positive title! like "Recommend Wii games" or "Wii games you happened to enjoy" "Good Wii games" make it sound like they're a minority(Actually statistically they are but that also apply's to every other console)

Wii sports, Wario ware:Smooth moves, Smash bros brawl, Zelda: Twilight princess, Super paper mario, and going into Wiiware, Lost winds, and Defend your castle are all the games I own for the Wii(not countring Virtual console, in which you Add Ice Climbers, Bonk 3, Ristar, and Bomberman 98) and they're all really good(except Bonk 3, I know, it seems good at first until you realize how bad it is, I wish I could get a refund from it but I know I can't)

Download: Kevin Kern - Through The Arbour (brikel) [sunny part].osu
awp

K-S-O wrote:

Heck yeah! Strong Bad just came out for Wiiware!

Point-and-click adventure players rejoice!
I'm actually not nearly as fond of the genre as I thought I was, but the game is so hilarious I forgive it completely.
matthewmatic123
I like Brawl....

But when AC CF comes out its gonna be my favorite :lol:
K-S-O
I had twenty dollars to spare so I decided to pick this up:

It's a pretty neat game for those who like shmups. When you destroy enemy ships, rather than explode they fall to the bottom of the screen. When that happens, you could use your ship to absorb the enemy parts and increase firepower. You could also hide the parts inside your ship to prevent enemy fire from destroying your absorbed parts. This allows for some strategies in the harder difficulties.

The game also comes with an editor where you can make your own ship, enemies, bullet patterns, and even entire levels. The designs can then be shared on Wi-fi by uploading them on the game's official website as well as downloading designs from other players. All it requires is a regristration of your Wii code and the downloading of extra content can be done from the PC to the Wii. That makes this one of the better uses of the Nintendo Wi-fi I have seen so far.
SoupNBread
Hmm, that game actually looks pretty interesting. I need to ask around and see if I know anyone with the game(seeing as the rental place near me got rid of their wii titles)

I don't think I saw Boom Blox mentioned in here. If you ignore the whole Steven Spielburg thing and actually look at the game, it's really quite fun. Single player is lacking, but it's meant to be a party game.
show more