forum

...This....is an error.... again...

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
razzy_old
Since last time i haven't even touched my osu! again...
and now the real problem arises....

Firstly...
The initial XXXXXXX(sorry:( since i installed the simplify chinese version of .NET framework i couldn't remember that english word) of Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.GraphicsAdapter threw an exception...
same as the former...

then...
i'm sending a pic of that message box...

somebody...help me...please....

PS:
i'm using XP SP2...
nVIDIA GeForce FX 5200...
1GHz CPU...
256MB RAM...

AceOfArrows
I am having EXACTLY the same problem on my laptop (a Dell Inspiron 8200).

Mine also runs on Windows XP with Service Pack 2.

*Edit* checked in the Display properties and found out what card my laptop has. I'm apparently running an nVidia GeForce 2 Go. I still want an answer, but I'm gonna guess that this is the problem (my card is not recent enough and I'm screwed).
peppy
First try deleting osu!.cfg and osu!.db from the osu! folder. If that fails ,rename your Songs\ folder temporarily and see if that fixes it.

This isn't a graphics card issue - just something in your configuration has gone wrong.
Donjo
This happened to me seconds after the latest update. I hope this fix works :)

EDIT: It seems that the source of the problem was a second osume.exe named "_osume.exe" instead of normal. Upon deleting it the game works again and now the update is officially downloading, and working.
Topic Starter
razzy_old

peppy wrote:

First try deleting osu!.cfg and osu!.db from the osu! folder. If that fails ,rename your Songs\ folder temporarily and see if that fixes it.

This isn't a graphics card issue - just something in your configuration has gone wrong.
osu!.db?
Err......i couldn't find it .....
James
something looks like this...

Topic Starter
razzy_old
...So these are what i have... in my osu! folder...

PS...
#6's icon... HATSUNE OSU!!!!
[>.<]
dai suki!!!!

peppy
Have you tried downloading the latest osu!setup.exe from the site and reinstalling? After you install you can copy your songs across.
Topic Starter
razzy_old
Finally i tried downloading&re-installing again... in despair...
[actually ive tried a number of times...]
...as i thought... it failed...

Topic Starter
razzy_old
...Someone...?

chtxdrgn

Donjo wrote:

This happened to me seconds after the latest update. I hope this fix works :)

EDIT: It seems that the source of the problem was a second osume.exe named "_osume.exe" instead of normal. Upon deleting it the game works again and now the update is officially downloading, and working.
^ Did you do this yet? just a thought after reading the thread.
Topic Starter
razzy_old
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
eirrol
Why not run osume.exe?
the setup program does not give the latest version?
Topic Starter
razzy_old
orz...
it is STILL the 0805 version...
eirrol
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
razzy_old
orz...
the day before yesterday...
i re-installed the OS again...
so the orz continues...
peppy
Could you post the error you are getting again? The first one in this thread still seems to be from an older version of osu!.