forum

Fountain of Dreams

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
[deleted user]
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on 2008年7月14日 at 下午 09:42:23

Artist: Tadashi Ikegami, Shogo Sakai, Takuto Kitsuta
Title: Fountain of Dreams
BPM: 65
Filesize: 7412kb
Play Time: 03:59
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy (1.26 stars, 191 notes)
  2. Normal (2.73 stars, 293 notes)
Download: Tadashi Ikegami, Shogo Sakai, Takuto Kitsuta - Fountain of Dreams
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Well, this is my first beatmap. So don't expect it to be very good...
I had trouble with the timing, since it changes most of the time on this song.
Only the last part is left, but I think it will be too long, so I submit.
Numbers_old
It can be heaps of good, no doubt about it. Since we're dealing with multiple crescendos in this song I would take a thinker about how to build up the beat patterns so they signal MIGHT. It is a mighty song, and in some places you make it feel that it is whilst other places just seem to fall flat down on their faces. But that's the hard part, thinking on the build ups in songs. But you could check out Mogsworth frozen rain map and also the m2u - world opening that kharl did. Frozen rain has alot great points going for it regarding use of sliders in regards to the actual song more than the beats present. m2u - world opening has the best build up i've seen on any map so far. (For inspiration that is, not thievery, thievery is superbad mmmkay?)

Anyway, from what I noticed during my quick play on normal, I'm pretty certain you need to resnap som beats, they are a bit, and i really mean just a bit off in some places. I don't hear them being off, but I'm as positive one can be about it since I felt them quite well when I played. I got kinda dissapointed in your use of sliders at one minute in. That passage could be so much more, but that's just a personal opinion and it's not something you need to fix if you feel it currently is right for you. Can't help much with bpm and offsets, still learning myself unfortunately. But make sure to resnap beats, I doubt they're even off a whole tick, but they are off. There also was some obvious beat snapping problems, now since you have alot of empty passages I wouldn't use beat snapping on all of the beats, but the combos definitely needs some snapped necks.

Good luck, work hard, make me my fountain of dreams :)
awp
Is this the Fountain of Dreams from the SSBM Kirby stage of the same name? Because I love that song <3

If so, I can give timing it a try, but that song is orchestral and therefore will likely be a pain in the ass to correctly time. We'll see.
Topic Starter
[deleted user]

numbers wrote:

Anyway, from what I noticed during my quick play on normal, I'm pretty certain you need to resnap som beats, they are a bit, and i really mean just a bit off in some places. I don't hear them being off, but I'm as positive one can be about it since I felt them quite well when I played. I got kinda dissapointed in your use of sliders at one minute in. That passage could be so much more, but that's just a personal opinion and it's not something you need to fix if you feel it currently is right for you. Can't help much with bpm and offsets, still learning myself unfortunately. But make sure to resnap beats, I doubt they're even off a whole tick, but they are off. There also was some obvious beat snapping problems, now since you have alot of empty passages I wouldn't use beat snapping on all of the beats, but the combos definitely needs some snapped necks.
I'll try to resnap the beats, but I still need help with the timing thing.

awp wrote:

Is this the Fountain of Dreams from the SSBM Kirby stage of the same name? Because I love that song <3

If so, I can give timing it a try, but that song is orchestral and therefore will likely be a pain in the ass to correctly time. We'll see.
Yes, it's from SSBM. The mp3 is from that game. I'm going to change the name so everyone can find it.
And it will be nice if you can do that.
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.