forum

Disgaea OST - Akai Tsuki

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Hitoshirenu Shourai
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Wednesday, August 06, 2008 at 10:45:55 AM

Artist: Disgaea OST
Title: Akai Tsuki
BPM: 72
Filesize: 997kb
Play Time: 00:45
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy (0.72 stars, 27 notes)
  2. Normal (1.23 stars, 29 notes)
  3. Hard (1.88 stars, 39 notes)
  4. Insane (3.98 stars, 65 notes)
Download: Disgaea OST - Akai Tsuki
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
This isn't a joke submission. Seriously. I don't do jokes. Yeah, of course there aren't many hits, you can tell just by listening to the song. >_>

Prinnies FTW.

Edit: Fixed Easy Mode.
Edit: awp took a look at it. I fixed stuff. Rawr.
Edit: Fixed more stuff by awp's suggestion.
Edit: Found some stuff on my own that was off. Fixed.

Edit: Offset changed. Try it now.
awp
BPM is a nice 72, offset 215 or so. Play with it a tad if you like.

There's basically no instruments so getting notes to match identically to the vocals will both require eighth note snapping and a pain-waiver because only people who have memorized the song are gonna land it. So I'd say take 'er easy on the eighth notes and focus on intuitive play.

Easy:
After snapping to correct timing, I can't complain.

Oh except for 00:45:21 (4) - No idea which direction it's going. Either storyboard a prompt in, or separate head and tail.

Rest of the difficulties I'm gonna leave in their clusterfuck of custom timing sections for better map accuracy ^_____________________^;;

Normal:
Nothing wrong?

Hard:
00:41:89 (2) - nonononono slider overlap

Insane:
00:41:89 (3) - GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
I'd like to see Insane again with proper timing, though.

Red moon, red moon,
Cleanses the sinful and makes them anew
Shining brightly
in the night sky
heading for the stars (or something)...

Who will be born again tonight?
Who will be born again tonight?
Born again tonight?
Topic Starter
Hitoshirenu Shourai
A lot of Disgaea fans should recognize this song. Even if they played with the dubbed voices, because the song sounds pretty similar. =3

I need more people to check this! I make awp-changes and no one else has looked at it yet. =/
Kasada
Well I've never played this game, but here's what I notice about this map.

Background + Song = NIGHTMARES :o

The map itself has no noticeable problems. I like what you did with Insane. Good job.
MaxwellDemon
Nothing bugged me about this except I somehow expect the velocity to be faster in insane... but that is really minor. XD
Anyway... have a bubble! XD
MaybeLater_x
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Numbers_old
Very painful map for all lovers of prinnies. But it's neat and it works. :D
Saturos
BPM seems very wrong to me. I am coming up with 119.69. Resnap with 1/4 divisor, then uncheck the 'move already place blah' and change the offset to 270. From what I could see, you shouldn't really need 1/8.

Try it out and see how it goes. <3

BUBBLE POPPED
Topic Starter
Hitoshirenu Shourai
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Saturos
I was mainly playing around with Hard when I did that, since it feels the most off timing wise.

I guess I'll give it another look over, but I really don't agree with 72bpm. >>
James
since i modded a 48 second map i should mod this too.

...forget it, i wont mod a non-beat song
Topic Starter
Hitoshirenu Shourai

James wrote:

since i modded a 48 second map i should mod this too.

...forget it, i wont mod a non-beat song
I think the real reason you're staying away from this is because the song is boring to you. =P
mtmcl
Echo
awp
Offset is DEFINITELY early, I must have been high.

Oh wait that's right this song HAS NO BEAT

but I'm getting 220 - it's something close to that, but even still, no matter what you do some beats'll vary. Resnap all notes at 1/2 then fix the short sliders.
Topic Starter
Hitoshirenu Shourai
Saturos
You're better at sight reading than listening? <3

Timing across edit and play seems fine to me.
machol30
All looks good. I don't know if I should rank or not, though. It is pretty short, only 43 seconds after all! :(
Topic Starter
Hitoshirenu Shourai
I could always make a harder version, but I'm afraid that overmapping it any more will make it bad. D=
Saturos
Insane is already overmapped, imo.

Anyways, I give in to the timing. Also, there are shorter ranked maps than this already, so eh. Ranked.
show more