forum

Zenryoku Shounen (Full Song/NOT the Ouendan 2 version)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Egg1991
Hey, I'm new here and I just decided to make this version of the song for my first try. It's as difficult and as I could get it, and it's my OWN version, not a clone of the Ouendan 2 stage. This is the full, high-quality song (not a cover, ripped straight from the CD). Any criticism would help ALOT. thanks so much!
http://osu.ppy.sh/d/110

UPDATE: I made all the beats closer together, changed a few, added a spinner instead of a two second break, and tried to sync it up better
UPDATE 2: Fixed the BPM and offset and changed a few note placements. Now everything's snapped perfectly and should play great
GuardianHX
Wow, everything is placed perfectly, and it feels like it's in sync quite well! Only problem is the notes aren't snapped in most places, so adjusting the timing would probably help alot, and would make sure that every beat is dead on.
'Cause if you snap the beats here, then some places become out of sync.

Some of the beatss that need to be clicked right after another kinda feel like they should be moved closer to the previous ones a little, but still very good otherwise!

It's a very good song, (Although I prefer the voice of the cover, this guy sounds like he has a cold to me.) and would be quite awesome if you could get everything timed right. (I'm not good at timing, so I can't help too much, sorry.)

It's definitely going as a favorite for me. ^__^b
Topic Starter
Egg1991
Thanks! I had the notes set for larger, then when i was done, i decided to shrink them a bit, but never thought to move them closer together. i'll try that now.
when im finished, how do i update it? should i just upload a new file or is there a way to replace the old one?
GuardianHX
Keep the filename the same and it should over-write the old one when you upload it.
Then update the first post with the new link just to be safe.
Hitoshirenu Shourai
Either the timing is off, or the offset is. The biggest indication of which is that you forgot to resnap your beats after you changed it. Aside from that, very nice job! Especially with the beat placement! Tweak it a bit, and if you make an easier version (2 stars), I think this would be ideal for ranked. Go for it!
Topic Starter
Egg1991
Could someone tell me exactly how off it is? Because I've had my bpm at 134.96 for the entire time, i never changed it. that was the bpm i got three times in a row from my mixmeister bpm analyzer. when i play through it in edit and play mode it sounds perfect to me. i spent a really long time syncing it up with the music. is there something i'm not hearing or does packaging it change it in some way and i'm missing a step? also, im about to update some of it, so check the first post.
Hitoshirenu Shourai
I found the problem! This song is made for the 1/8 Beat Snap Divisor! No wonder it seemed off to me. I always have mine set to the 1/4 Divisor. Silly me. >_>;
peppy
This plays great. Should definitely be added to ranking.

Your BPM is off (don't bother changing, it will cause more problems this late in creation!). I did a quick 10 second check and the correct settings are:

BPM 133.96
Offset 220ms

Change them at your end and just observe how it stays in sync throughout the song.

I think you somehow got it sync'd by manually adjusting. Let me tell you - if you have to drop down to 1/8 divisor it is *DEFINITELY* a sign you have the wrong bpm. If you are unsure in future, please ask for help :).
Topic Starter
Egg1991
omg im so stupid! my bpm analyzer did give me 133.96, but i misread it and put in 134.96 instead. yeah it was freakin HARD to get some of those notes lined up right, i just thought the song had some off-beat parts that sounded right or something. also, i didn't get what the offset was at first. i thought it was the time it takes you to when you hit "skip" at the beginning. if i ever get a chance later i'll try to re-sync them for practice or something. thanks!
peppy
Ah well - at least you know for next time :D.

Ranked!
Edit: or not.. technical difficulties.
Topic Starter
Egg1991
:D All for the best! I updated it again for (hopefully) the last time. I adjusted everything and everything snapped right on the the 1/4 notes perfectly. Everythings right now, except I had to slide the last few combos up 1/8, but i'm blaming the song for that, it happened right after an off-beat section and it never got back on.

:shock: ive listened to those hit marker drum beats so long the past day im still hearing them!
peppy
Straight to the rankings is what this one deserves!
eyup
A bit click-heavy for mine :D Nevertheless this is a quality beatmap. Beats are intuitively placed and the spinners are placed just right. I would stop short of calling it insane though!

Keep up the good work!