Play Time: 00:12
Difficulties Available:
  1. Normal (4.83 stars, 1 notes)
Download: Kyosuke Himuro - Shadow of your smile
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Please check BPM/OFFSET tyvm :)
Numbers_old
Why not just continue mapping it? Even if the offset and bpm needs to be altered it will be easier for the mods to help you if the song is actually mapped. What if there is a need for a different timing section later in the map for example. Just mapping a few beats and asking for help probably isn't the best way to go about it all, and if you look at the beatmap graveyard it indicates on this being very true. Why not finish a map you've already gotten modding help on for example?

I'm sorry I can't help since I'm not very good at the bpm and offset myself but follow the the youtube tutorial and/or use the bpm mixmeister application as a starter and map the song to the middle atleast, then ask for help regarding the bpm and offset if there is a need for it. Or just stick with one of the older already modded maps.

Forgot to add a link to something I find very useful at times, mixmeister bpm is not an exact science. While it is good, and helpful at times trying to count the beats yourself is also important. LINK!
I think they've explained the whole process of doing it manually pretty good. You can just use your media player instead of a chronometer obviously. I tend to get pretty accurate results these days, usually not more than a few beats off, but those beats off is something I often seem to need help with, but also sometimes I'm so off it breaks my heart. But it's often good enough to start mapping to anyway. I think those 15 seconds of counting are time well spent before starting to make a beatmap regardless.
Topic Starter
Neogetz_old

numbers wrote:

Why not just continue mapping it? Even if the offset and bpm needs to be altered it will be easier for the mods to help you if the song is actually mapped. What if there is a need for a different timing section later in the map for example. Just mapping a few beats and asking for help probably isn't the best way to go about it all, and if you look at the beatmap graveyard it indicates on this being very true. Why not finish a map you've already gotten modding help on for example?

I'm sorry I can't help since I'm not very good at the bpm and offset myself but follow the the youtube tutorial and/or use the bpm mixmeister application as a starter and map the song to the middle atleast, then ask for help regarding the bpm and offset if there is a need for it. Or just stick with one of the older already modded maps.

Forgot to add a link to something I find very useful at times, mixmeister bpm is not an exact science. While it is good, and helpful at times trying to count the beats yourself is also important. LINK!
I think they've explained the whole process of doing it manually pretty good. You can just use your media player instead of a chronometer obviously. I tend to get pretty accurate results these days, usually not more than a few beats off, but those beats off is something I often seem to need help with, but also sometimes I'm so off it breaks my heart. But it's often good enough to start mapping to anyway. I think those 15 seconds of counting are time well spent before starting to make a beatmap regardless.
Thanks for the reply.

I only added one beat as thats how the mods who tend to help with BPM always tell us to do it.They always say chuck in a beat, upload it and wait for their response, while reminding them every day or so to stop it ending up graveyarded.

ty for the link, i'll have a good look at it later this evening if i get chance, i've got a relative coming to stay for a couple of days so i might not get chance.
I have the mix meister thing but alot of my songs it gets very wrong so i've stopped trusting it though i try it everytime.

My problem with finishing many of my maps is i get near the end and realise, it doesnt seem to be any fun to play, which is why i have several on the go, i'm learning new things in each of them then applying the new skill to all of them untill eventually i'll be happy with my maps.
Numbers_old
Ok, I tried doing it manually for you. Please be aware that this could possibly be so off the walls it's laughable, but I did place out a few beats. And while I'm not a hundred percent positive it's correct, it would have been correct enough for me to start working with.

Try a BPM of 80, set the offset to null. The build up in this song is long, but I didn't feel it was very complicated.
You have the string instrument leading in the beginning, the vocals and the piano, I felt the vocals actually were the leading part here. The BPM i set feels ok, If you were planning on laying beats to the piano, there probably is need for an offset when the piano starts.

I actually started to count where it gets more dramatic about 40 seconds into the song. I counted 19 beats, which I figured were a mistake on my part, added an extra count. multiplied with four and = 80. Regardless I'm positive the bpm is between somewhere between 76-80. (If not, i will hang my head in shame for an eternity or two)

Regardless a moderated input on this would probably help us both in our quest for getting the timing part down better.
Rolled

Neogetz wrote:

Thanks for the reply.

I only added one beat as thats how the mods who tend to help with BPM always tell us to do it.They always say chuck in a beat, upload it and wait for their response, while reminding them every day or so to stop it ending up graveyarded.
That is how I personally would prefer songs that need timing help. With bad timing, resnapping a mapped out song can get very messy.

Also, BPM analyzer works best with a technoish song or anything else with a distinct beat. I did not run this song through it, but I imagine it could get pretty close as this song has a constant BPM.

As for this song, any anything else you plan to map, don't let vocals fool you. Wait for your offset if there are any drums in the song, like this one. Use an offset of 43,617. 83.18 works well, but I would double it to 166.36. This will prevent any troubles you have with too slow of a slider velocity and helps with timing also.
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.