forum

Eliza Doolittle - Skinny Genes

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
RandomJibberish
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Thursday, July 28, 2011 at 9:31:41 AM

Artist: Eliza Doolittle
Title: Skinny Genes
BPM: 133.56
Filesize: 13895kb
Play Time: 02:52
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy (2.16 stars, 147 notes)
  2. Hard (4.78 stars, 296 notes)
  3. Normal (4.13 stars, 233 notes)
Download: Eliza Doolittle - Skinny Genes
Download: Eliza Doolittle - Skinny Genes (no video)
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Drone makes a secret cameo in this video

Krisom
Hello sir

General-
Consider adding to tags "Powerdrone"
I'm guessing you won't add kiai time?
I hate soft-sliderwhistles so so so so so so much ._., if you're too lazy to manually remove them (if they are not intentional, that is), add a custom soft-sliderwhistle that's a soft-sliderslide :3
Also kudos for making me read "Sexy gens" everytime I see this in someone's status.

Hard-
01:01:241 (1) - ColorHax this green for consistency with the whole first part of the chorus. (You'll have to fix 01:28:494 (1)'s colorhax to make it red again)
01:58:743 (1) - ^ (02:20:156 (1) - ^)
02:41:721 (1) - ^

Normal-
01:01:240 (1) - ColorHax this red~
01:58:743 (1) - And this one green~
02:40:971 (1) - And this one red~
Also dont forget to fix colors for 01:28:644 (1) and 02:20:306 (1) - (blue)

Easy-
01:01:241 (1) - red
01:58:744 (1) - green
Oh and the last chorus has it's colors scynched! yay! Dont forget to fix 01:28:644 (1) - (blue) and 02:20:306 (1) - (red)

Nothing to poke at gameplay wise.
EDIT: Oh yeah 3 unsnapped notes on easy HOW DARE YOU?!"
NotShinta
I found it in my heart to star this. Go buy the biggest turkey in the shop. I did look at the map though, several times
Topic Starter
RandomJibberish
I love you too
Topic Starter
RandomJibberish
Well the offset confused the fuck out of Larto and Me, and Jar gave an offset that seems super late. Timing pro searching time!
Jarby
Something constructive.
HakuNoKaemi
I'm not a Timing Pro, but can give a timing that seems a bit more adapted though
BPM: 133,570
Offset: 186
Card N'FoRcE
Timing is wrong, it starts early and becomes even more early at the end of the song.

BPM: 133,55
Offset: 149

This works way better.
Also since i testplayed Hard: 02:20:153 (1,2,3) - are not snapped to the voice (because the voice is slightly before the rhythm in that point). 1 and 3 seems to be fixeable with 1/8, but 2 feels weird with both 1/6 and 1/8.
01:34:945 (4,5,6) - very weird to read. Move them up-right a bit?
Topic Starter
RandomJibberish
All of the above fixed except 02:20:153 (1,2,3), since it's much more intuitive to put the notes where the vocals should be and where the player expects them to be than on completely random 1/8s :P
Mashley
They see me bubblin
They hatin
ztrot
01:34:327 (2,3,4) - this felt off as hell
02:20:152 (1,2,3,4) - I also suggest doing what CnF said

overall the timing still feels rocky to me, I got from 5 early to late a lot, keeping a constant rate 30% of mistimed hits
it won't kill you to go and get a few more thoughts on your timing. Mash don't bubble something unless you are sure of the timing.
kapow!
Topic Starter
RandomJibberish
Look, the vocals are off, which is fair enough. What isn't fair is expecting the player to magically predict that the singer is going to be ever so slightly offbeat and click slightly offbeat accordingly, and maps that do so really piss me off. It's much more intuitive to put the beats where the vocals are obviously meant to go :/

As for the timing, I'll get it checked again but I'm fairly sure it just seems wrong since a lot of the instrumentation is slightly off time and misleading :/
Jarby

ztrot wrote:

I got from 5 early to late a lot, keeping a constant rate 30% of mistimed hits
From this, we can deduce that the BPM and offset are fine and that you suck at 1/3! Though, really, it would probably make more sense to use a second offset (or more) at the bridge and keep it at 1/3 all the way through. Using 1/8 to compensate for the vocalist going wrong in general just sounds like a bad idea, not to mention that it's still not that accurate.
Topic Starter
RandomJibberish

:/
ztrot
fair enough
Jarby
In that case, is spacing like this still going to stand? I don't know if it's such a good idea.
Topic Starter
RandomJibberish
Everything got snapped to 1/8 for reasons I don't understand
SapphireGhost
[General]
- You have a video, so disable letterboxing during breaks.
- I imagine this was difficult to time, but the timing works for me.

[Easy]
02:27:509 (1) - Note comes a bit fast after a spinner for your easiest difficulty.
02:40:987 (1,2) - Get rid of the overlap with the blue slider. It's the only overlap in the map and it would be nice if you could take it out.

[Normal]
01:27:307 - Unsnapped breahak.

[Hard]
01:27:307 - Unsnahapped break.

Skinny star.
Sakura
Found in osb

Sprite,Foreground,TopLeft,"kjbkgvbnkamnglnaslgnlsa.png",0,0
F,0,0,182534,1,0
what the...

[Easy]
01:35:394 (3,1) - I dont think this anti-jump is a good idea for an Easy
02:32:900 (2) - Overlapping with HP Bar.
Topic Starter
RandomJibberish
That SB is to make the video go to the end

everything else fixed
show more