forum

Exits out after a few seconds into a song... [Resolved?]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
[deleted user]
Hmm. I actually have two problems.

The first one is that I can't even start the program without right clicking the icon real fast directly after double clicking... (odd, eh?)

Second, and most aggravating, is that after a few seconds upon entering a song it will exit out entirely. I have turned combo fire off and it hasn't seemed to help... any idea what's going on?
peppy
IE USERS: The beatmaps will download as zip files - DO NOT EXTRACT these - simply place them in your Songs folder intact!
Game skips song (IE USERS: READ FOR FIX)

Does this apply?
Topic Starter
[deleted user]

peppy wrote:

IE USERS: The beatmaps will download as zip files - DO NOT EXTRACT these - simply place them in your Songs folder intact!
Game skips song (IE USERS: READ FOR FIX)

Does this apply?

Nuh-uh. (Been using Firefox, for starters)

The song will start and get about... I'd say about halfway through before exiting. I think a few times I was able to reach the end on some of them without a problem. (I realize "A few seconds" wouldn't have been the best way to describe it)
peppy
How does it exit? Crash? Ranking? If it is a crash please provide a screenshot/dialogue of the error.
Topic Starter
[deleted user]

peppy wrote:

How does it exit? Crash? Ranking? If it is a crash please provide a screenshot/dialogue of the error.

Gah, sorry; that probably would've been smart. Here we go: http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k47/y ... /error.jpg
peppy
Woah... thats a strange one. Are you running at a standard resolution? Are you using a mouse or some other input device? Also if you can think of anything else that might separate your pc/osu! install from the thousands of other people, that would be very helpful in figuring this one out!

Maybe also if you can figure what happens just before it crashes - does something appear on screen or do you move the mouse to a certain location?
Topic Starter
[deleted user]
Hmm...
If it helps any, the music will keep playing after the crash up until the error dialog box is exited out of. As far as the crashing itself goes, it seems pretty inconsistent as to when it happens in a song.

I'm also using a Wacom Tablet... if I figure anything else out, I'll be sure to post it.
peppy
Have you tried with a mouse isntead?
peppy
Upon further investigation, it seems that there was a piece of spyware
running in the background of my machine. Once I removed it, my .net
applications started to work fine again.

It seems that it was changing the FPU mask and hooking into all applications
running on my machine - that's why it was able to cause this problem.
According to John Hornick from Microsoft, the FPU mask is a per process or
per thread setting.

I guess the moral of the story is to be careful of spyware and using
libraries that change the FPU mask.
Not sure if this is the solution, but it seems likely considering the number of matches on google which suggest third party programs such as spyware interfering with .NET apps. Can you check into that and make sure you don't have any spyware on your system? (try ad-aware).