forum

My Chemical Romance - I'm Not Okay (I Promise)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
vytalibus
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Wednesday, October 29, 2008 at 5:29:26 PM

Artist: My Chemical Romance
Title: I'm Not Okay (I Promise)
BPM: 179.8
Filesize: 2812kb
Play Time: 02:13
Difficulties Available:
  1. Okay (1.42 stars, 90 notes)
  2. Not Okay (4.85 stars, 354 notes)
Download: My Chemical Romance - I'm Not Okay (I Promise)
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
I've been receiving some comments saying that I make easy beatmaps, so I've decided to challenge myself once more by making a much harder beatmap, and here's the result. Due to my abuse of 1/4 beats, I have to cut this particular song to make the score more worthy of its difficulty. Though veterans might still find this a bit easy, the large beat spacing and irregular notes will surely catch anyone off-guard if they're not aware.

Instead of making a custom background, I've decided to just go for the custom hitcircles. Expect more of these on my upcoming projects, since I'm trying to get accustomed to this part of beatmap making, and eventually storyboarding.
Agent BA8 Rookbie
I say good sir, Not Okay was deadly. Fun to play though.
Little suggestion, you should the "Trust me." bit. Just a little suggestion though, don't NEED to do it.
Loved the M C R sliders in Okay, those were quite a good touch.
Not Okay was very hard, but it had interesting slider patterns. That I liked. Great work in my opinion, this should be easily rankable.
Now whether this gets a good score is another question. Not many people on the internet like MCR.
Good map, can't wait until it's finished.
Sinistro
Good work so far. Can't find flaws with timing or spacing, I believe. The only thing I can note right now is that for a map with those crazy fast streams, the rest of Not Okay is much more manageable. Try making it harder to fit better ;)

Fairly sure this deserves a star.
MaybeLater_x
I enjoyed Okay.
:)

Not Okay was enjoyable too.
:D

I have no suggestions currently.
Keep it up!
Sinistro
Smooth sailing so far, I believe. If possible, a third difficulty would be desirable since the gab between Okay and Not Okay is a bit large. However, this is more of a suggestion than a requirement from ranking on my part. If you wish to keep this set with two difficulties, I will bubble it when you state you are finished with the background and other aesthetic matters.
Topic Starter
vytalibus
I'm done with whatever's left. Instead of a custom background, I've gone for custom hitcircles instead. :D
Rolled
Pretty nice job with this overall. Not Okay difficulty troubles me a bit though, some spots are pretty overkill.

00:10:33 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1) - This is about the only deathstream I dont absolutely hate. The straight line and also the fact that it's in the beginning of the beatmap won't annoy players too much.

00:25:84 (6,7,8,9,10,11) - Clean these 2 triplets up a bit. maybe you could stack them? They'd be a LOT better stacked imo.

00:53:03 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - Kill this pls

01:49:40 (4,5,6,7,8) - Either kill this, or tweak it a bit. Stacking the 4,5,6 and killing the 7 sounds good.

1:56:00 Surprised me there is no ninja spinner here :O I expected it.

02:07:75 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) - God no. Kill or tweak heavilly pls.

I noticed there was also no breaks in the not okay difficulty. This didn't bother me too much so I'm willing to let it slide, but adding a small break wouldn't hurt.

Also timing gets a biiit fast at the end. I think 179.8 timing sounds a bit better, which means you're going to have to replace offsets etc. Make sure you do actually replace them (on white ticks) or else they will get a bit jumbled.

Overall nice beatmap. Close to get ranked.

edit: Also your hitcircleoverlay may need a pixel or so added to the edges.

edit: wait shit, graveyard? haah. Didn't you just ask me to mod this? D: I'll revive this for you then.
Topic Starter
vytalibus
Done with the changes, Rolled. Hopefully my not following some of your suggestions wouldn't affect that difficulty too much. :D
m980
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Diasios
Wow, i really like this beatmap :) good job
m980
Everything seems to be in Order.

*Insert Bubble ASCII*
chan
[not ok] looks riduculously difficult, [okay] is ok. i guess this is ranked then
Larto
Offset -15