forum

Wada Kouji - Hirari

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Ekaru
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Thursday, September 18, 2008 at 7:29:01 AM

Artist: Wada Kouji
Title: Hirari
Source: Digimon Savers
BPM: 100.02
Filesize: 5410kb
Play Time: 00:58
Difficulties Available:
  1. Beginner (0.51 stars, 18 notes)
  2. Easy (2.88 stars, 93 notes)
  3. Normal (4.04 stars, 310 notes)
  4. Hard (4.92 stars, 398 notes)
Download: Wada Kouji - Hirari
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Okay, made changes, changed to Jame's timing, and that let me time Normal quite accurately near the end. Thanks for that! :) (i changed to 100.02 after finding out how James timed... then realized that 100.02 WAS the correct BPM.Stupid me)

Easy and Normal done. Not sure if I should do a Hard mode or not (Maybe I should...). Doing the second half of Normal was a pain in the butt, but worth it I think (Since I'll admit, the first half is bleh).

So yeah, here you go.

EDITS ROUND 7
Screw edits
James
hi

bpm 100.02
offset 15340

and if youre going to finish the whole songm add this one too
bpm 100.02
offset - 97830

resnap and recalc
Topic Starter
Ekaru
Okay, did those changes (except I put the BPM as 100, not 100.02, since it made more sense, plus 100.02 came out of the BPM Analyzer. =P), with the new timing section for when I do the entire song. I also went through the song after that, and changed a few things that were 'messed up' after it, so to speak. Oh and thanks.

*waits patiently*
James
100 bpm is like uber slow at the end -___-
Topic Starter
Ekaru

James wrote:

100 bpm is like uber slow at the end -___-
I'm finishing Normal up now, and I gotta say, you're right. Oopsy. 100.02 IS correct after all. Sorry for doubting your really really scary inhuman 1/100 second precisetiming abilities! ><; Anyways, Normal should be done soon, and after that, I'll redo Easy. (Normal's last 1/3rd is looking better so far than the first 2/3rd) Oh, and don't ask why it took me so long to resume. It's a long story.
Topic Starter
Ekaru
There, finished both, now in Pending. I forgot to have it bump itself when changing to Pending. Oops. <_<; please don't kill me for double posting

EDIT: Forgot to mention, the first half or so of Normal is mostly mapped to the drum (and a couple times, guitar), then the second part is mapped to the lyrics (went through it with 25% speed), in case you were wondering.
Sinistro
Offset is late, I believe. Try 15,320 (Remember to apply in all difficulties and resnap). Similarly, subtract 20 ms from the second offset in Normal.

Beginner
It's rare that I impose such changes, but move 00:43:51 (3) and 00:48:31 (1) 1/2 forward each, since that makes them couple better with the beats preceding them.

Easy
Minor aesthetic detail here: Place 00:34:51 (1) on the grid so that it overlaps exactly on the previous slider's end, as I assume was your intention.

Normal
01:57:90 (2) - Since this slider's path falls completely on top of the next slider's path, a player can mistake it for a hitcircle. Modify it a bit so that the paths of 2 and 3 are at least partly not overlapping.
02:35:40 (11) - After a break, there should be a new combo.
03:12:74 (6) - Make this start 1/4 later. Keep its end where it is now.
Topic Starter
Ekaru
Thanks. Changed offset and fixed what you said, reuploaded, ect. Beginner plays much better now, too. That small change made a big difference. o.o;
Pineapple Sam
Why have you got the offset a beat out? I can see that the majority of the notes lie on the offbeat, but it makes the sliders sound wierd...

Llikely my personal preference, but sliders like the ones at 01:57:30 sound better to my ear if they last up to the next note, rather than stopping at the end of the note. Also the clusters of notes/slider at 02:12:75 sound off. Again, this might just be me.

Easy and begginer seemed pretty perfect, though again the offbeat sliders jarred a little.
Topic Starter
Ekaru
*checks* The cluster at 2:12:75 accidentally had an extra note, that's why it seemed off. Fixed that. Also fixed a slider that was 1/4 of a beat early. Fixed some sliders in Beginner and Easy, too.

At 1:57:30, having (1) go up to the next note would make it way to hard to hit the next one, so I have it stop when it ends, so you have enough time to hit (2).

Also, can you elaborate on the 'Why have you got the offset a beat out?'? I can't understand what you mean. What I DO know is that the first part is mapped to the instruments (except for a couple sliders at the beginning), then I map to the lyrics, map to the drum for a bit, then map to the lyrics for the rest. =P

But yeah, thanks for awaring me that some sliders were off, plus the cluster with the extra note. Gonna upload the new version soon, when I'm done fixing stuff.

EDIT: Uploaded.
Topic Starter
Ekaru
Introducing... "You'll Probably Hate Me After This" difficulty!

With the circles as big as possible, you'd think this would be easy, right? Well, to counter that, the overall difficulty is at max, and the beats are mapped to pretty much every lyric sound. With tricky layouts and also beat layouts that will sometimes make it uber hard to read at times, not to mention little time to decipher them, this difficulty is fun for the whole family! ~Enjoy. Yes I had to make a Hard map with huge circles. Don't ask, I just had to.

So yeah, I got it done, now it's all ready for modding.

EDIT: For when a mod gets bored, of course.
Pineapple Sam

Ekaru wrote:

Also, can you elaborate on the 'Why have you got the offset a beat out?'.
Elaborates: You’ve set the offset so the beatmap starts on the second beat of the music. If the music is in 4/4 time (4 beats to a bar) then you’ve got the song starting on the second beat rather than the first. You have the beats at half speed though so for this map you have the offset halfway through the first beat.

If you moved the first offset to 15,020 and the second to 96,530 then the timing would be right. Don’t move the notes though, as it’s only the slider beats I think are improved.

Your buttons allreadyt line up with a beat, I just don't think it's the right one (thogh it could have been done this way just for the effect).
Sinistro
Beginner
I have to ask another design change, since 00:26:71 (1) is rather unintuitive :( Make it start on 00:27:31 and end on 00:30:91.
00:34:51 (3) - Shorten it a bit so it ends on the white tick at 00:36:91.
00:43:81 (3) - Move 1/4 backward.
00:48:61 (1) - Move 1/4 backward.
00:53:11 (3) - Move 1/4 forward.
00:57:91 (1) - Move 1/4 forward.

Easy
00:35:71 (3) - Shorten it a bit so it ends on the white tick at 00:36:91.

Normal
02:13:05 (8) - Make it start 1/4 later, but end where it does now.
02:39:14 (5) - Make it start 1/4 later, but end where it does now.
02:59:99 (7) - Make it start 1/4 later, but end where it does now.
03:01:94 (6) - Make it start 1/4 later, but end where it does now.
03:17:09 (8) - Make it 1/4 shorter.

You'll Probably Hate me After This
00:39:46 (9) - Move 1/4 forward.
Topic Starter
Ekaru
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Sinistro
Missed a couple of stuff on the last difficulty the first time around. Fixed on real time in irc, so bubbled.
James
i dont like beginner. But anyways...

I say +10offset to all timing sections. it feels off just by listening it at 1x. i dont even need to lower the playback speed.

<James> OMG CIRCLES AS BIG AS MY FIST!!

easy:
01:07:21 - closer to 5
01:07:21 - change the color
01:09:76 - stack this to 6

normal:
slider tick rate = 2
01:10:51~01:20:109 - i like the sound of this (not the whistles, the placing of notes) good job. ANYWAYS,
01:18:90 - start the slider at 01:18:60
01:57:75 - end the slider at 01:57:60, sounds better. dont forget to align the spacing of 1,2 and 3 sliders

P.S. - normal doesnt look like normal :(
unstacked 1/4 notes, 1/4 note sliders, etc...
more like "harder than normal" difficulty

insane: lol sinistro didnt checked this difficulty hahahahahahahahahah
you should make the overall difficulty lower so that it will look more insane
why? huge circles + clumped notes and approach circles = blindness
i was planning to map something like that before haha
but its OK if you dont want to change it

edit: /me bubbles
Topic Starter
Ekaru
Changed according to suggestions, and after messing around, decided to increase overall difficulty to max, and HP Drain is lowered by one. I decided on this because this way, even though it has a really low circle speed (and the score is lowered a bit), it's fun as hell, for me at least. Nothing like not being able to read the notes well. :) Thanks.

EDIT: In case you were wondering, James made another suggestion in chat, and I went ahead and did it, so that's why- oh see for yourself. XD

Download: Owl City - On The Wing (greenpoint0) [435 Hard].osu
Sinistro

James wrote:

insane: lol sinistro didnt checked this difficulty hahahahahahahahahah
Did too!

Ranking.
Topic Starter
Ekaru
My little experiment has proven mixed opinions. Either way, Cyclone freaking owned the stuffing out of my little experiment. Blah. Before anyone asks, I am never making a beatmap with a 'hard' difficulty like this ever, ever again. 1 of these is enough for me (and probably a few other people here =P).

P.S. Thanks for the ranking. :)
Sinistro
One difficulty like this is probably enough for osu! :p But it's an interesting one-off experience.
show more