forum

Advanced statistics screen [Waiting]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Gemi
This has been discussed earlier on some miscellaneous topics and was brought up today in the community meeting.

The idea shortly: The regular score screen will stay as is, showing the rank, score and judgements achieved. The only change to this screen will be the addition of a new button which takes you from the regular score screen to the advanced statistics screen. This screen will have more deatailed information about the play, such as average and top spinning speeds, etc.

The point of this topic is to act as a suggestion playground for all the wacky things that you might want to see on this statistics screen. Keep the ideas coming!
silasw
A field that says how many spinner bonus points you got.
James
no not that please :(
Saturos
Someone needs to add to this. I'm including other ones that I've seen mentioned and agree with.

1. Ammount of spinner bonus points
  2. RPM (rotations per minute), both average and, if possible, highest
  3. Hit circle accuracy % (average of how close you click to the center of the hit circles)
  4. Average ms early/late of hits
  5. Scores around your score +-2 (similar to the in-game scoreboard, but includes all scores, so people ranking lower than 40 can see how they compare)
  6. Total clicks (as opposed to hits, for those 'I KNOW I hit that' when you really didn't moments)
  7. Skin used, if any
  8. Ammount of time paused, if any
  9. Achieved in multiplayer or solo play
Mmmm, that's all I can think of for now. The total click thing is kind of stupid imo, but I threw it on there anyway.

Download: Yukari Hashimoto - Lost My Pieces (emaal) [Rox's].osu
awp
You forgot pauses per game. I know some people pause and unpause to hit huge jumps~
Saturos
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
James
i think i tried pausing in RRR before, but still failed :)
awp
how the hell do you pause-spin? Or do you mean pause after a spinner ends to re-align?
Saturos
Pause when a spinner of decent length shows up -> switch to tablet -> spin -> pause and switch back to mouse.

Lame shit.
awp
Oh I've done that before only minus the use of pausing and include the use of breaks

also once I have my tablet out I don't switch back
peppy
So are there any "advanced statistics" apart from spinner bonus?

By advanced do we mean useless? Like average mouse velocity?
Saturos
Pretty much. Useless info that only perfectionists would use for bragging rights.
Echo
Average early/late time should be median not mean imo
Topic Starter
Gemi

Saturos wrote:

1. Ammount of spinner bonus points
  2. RPM (rotations per minute), both average and, if possible, highest
  3. Hit circle accuracy % (average of how close you click to the center of the hit circles)
  4. Average ms early/late of hits
  5. Scores around your score +-2 (similar to the in-game scoreboard, but includes all scores, so people ranking lower than 40 can see how they compare)
  6. Total clicks (as opposed to hits, for those 'I KNOW I hit that' when you really didn't moments)
  7. Skin used, if any
  8. Ammount of time paused, if any
  9. Achieved in multiplayer or solo play
+total number of pauses.
+average and top mouse velocity.
I'm not sure what relevance the skin used for the play has.

Download: SID - Monochrome Kiss (TV Size) (Haneii) [Death's Grell].osu
Saturos

Gemi wrote:

Same relevance everything else has, imo. It's all kind of unecessary. ;x

Topic Starter
Gemi

Saturos wrote:

Gemi wrote:

Same relevance everything else has, imo. It's all kind of unecessary. ;x
For most of the time yes, but some of those playing related stats might/would actually prove useful somewhere. The difference between the rest of the stuff and the skin thing is that it doesn't seem to tell anything about the actual playing done by the player, ie not anything related to how the player moves the mouse or presses buttons. That's why I asked, not because I'd disagree with having it there.

peppy
You also understand none of this will be available from online scores, right? Maybe in exported replays, but not online score list.

Also @echo where was "median" mentioned for that calculation?
Topic Starter
Gemi

peppy wrote:

You also understand none of this will be available from online scores, right? Maybe in exported replays, but not online score list.
Of course.
Echo

peppy wrote:

Also @echo where was "median" mentioned for that calculation?
imo the formula for "average" early/late time should be a median average and not a mean average

it wasn't mentioned anywhere, but afaik the early/late hit time in test is a mean, and it makes it a bit inaccurate if you hit the first beat extremely late or something
VelperK
I shall bump this.
show more