forum

Quick question about scoring.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Tar_old
Greetings everyone,

This is my first time posting here (just got the game on Thursday), and I must say I absolutely love it. The first beatmaps I downloaded were the video game pack, and I was just curious about how some of the scoring/highlighting work for personal scores. What I mean is that even after I beat song, sometimes the score won't show up next to the song. The song was Airman, so I did pretty bad, but it still said I got a D (that was on easy too <_<), but is there still a lower limit where it won't show your score regardless? Or is it just because I was using a mod? (I doubt it's that one because I've used mods on other songs and it still showed the score.) Also, Airman seems to be a dark pink compared to the other songs (this is while it's not selected). Hope it's not too much to ask for answers to these questions. Thanks.
RavenlockA
The highest score of any difficulty you play is what is applied to your overall points. If you do better than a particular score on a map (again, of any difficulty), then only the difference between the two is added to the total (So if you get one million, then two million, your total score will only increase another mil).

Afaik, the colors don't mean a thing other than adding coloring to not make the template so bland.

Only Taiko (for now) and Relax do not give you scores, either. In terms of mods.

Hope this helps.
Topic Starter
Tar_old
Thanks for the reply. That definitely explains the color, but for example, I got a D on Airman, but then on the Song Select, it doesn't show the D next to the song (all my other songs show my letter score next to them). Is this specific to Airman, or did I do something wrong?
James
did the score got recorded?
RavenlockA

James wrote:

did the score got recorded?
James asks a good question. Sometimes a score doesn't always get recorded, either because the net hiccuped, or any random technical reason. Check your local scores to see if it even went through (click the little person above the hi-score list)--and if it did, then chances are the score wasn't recorded into the database.

You'll have to try the song over again.
Topic Starter
Tar_old
Yes, when I look at the local scoreboard, I have three scores for it, 243,464 being the highest (rank D). But next to the name of the song, there is no letter.

Edit: Here's a picture.

James
im not so sure what happened there but im guessing server did not record your score but it recorded in local score.
Topic Starter
Tar_old
That's fine then. I was just wondering if there was a known issue with that particular song, or if I had to get a certain score for it to show on the Song Selection. If it's just a matter of not getting stored on the server, I don't mind.
adamskii_uk
I had the same problem with a beatmap today, but when I updated the beatmap to the latest version, the problem was fixed. :)
Gemi

Tar wrote:

That's fine then. I was just wondering if there was a known issue with that particular song, or if I had to get a certain score for it to show on the Song Selection. If it's just a matter of not getting stored on the server, I don't mind.
Some songs currently do not show your rank next to the name even if it is stored to the server. This is a known issue and peppy will be fixing it at some point.