forum

Rhythms games?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Drag0n_old
I was wondering if any one else know any good music games to play??? Because i been on google and tried looking for some but couldnt find any good ones T.T or maybe there not many rhythms game out their :s
Loginer
There's Stepmania, Guitar Zero, UltraStar Deluxe and Be-Pachi, and if you're willing to spend a few bucks, there's also Audiosurf. Oh, and osu!, but you don't need a link to that.
Topic Starter
Drag0n_old
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Behon
The Ouendan and EBA games are obvious, in case you haven't played them before. As well as Gitaroo Man, Rez, and Amplitude if you have a PS2.
James
o2jam
DarkSerge
About PS2 there is also Dance Dance Revolution ;]
James
^
and GFDM
Mogsy
If you felt like importing, there's GuitarFreaks and DrumMania, as well as Beatmania/IIDX and Pop'n Music.
Loginer
And while we're at it, let's not forget the Guitar Hero/Rock Band games. The Taiko no Tatsujin games are also good, if you're OK with importing.
awp
There's a north american taiko game =x
Loginer
I'm in Europe, so I have to import it, anyway. Besides, good luck finding it in a physical store.
Topic Starter
Drag0n_old

James wrote:

o2jam
hmm... i was trying to download that game but one thing.. i couldnt play...something about the sever or something so i couldnt play that game online or offline unless i done something wrong :s T_T if this game works for you can you be able to send me the link so meh can download the game, please??? ^^

lol i was thinking of games that on the net..(download.....free)xD >.> not consoles games xD =)
Mogsy

Loginer wrote:

I'm in Europe, so I have to import it, anyway. Besides, good luck finding it in a physical store.
There's one in my local GameStop for $19,99 USD.

As for netgames, if you look on the Wikipedia, you'll find that there are sims.

I know of Feeling Pomu and Step'n Music for Pop'n, but of course, Pop'n is my field of expertise. xD
Detective Tuesday
In The Groove 2 is the best arcade dancing game out, and probably will remain as such for another good 10 years. Don't let anyone else tell you different without looking it up first.

BeatMania is always fun, but unfortunately it's hard to find in the States. You can buy the US PS2 version to get the controller at the very least.
Loginer

Detective Tuesday wrote:

In The Groove 2 is the best arcade dancing game out, and probably will remain as such for another good 10 years. Don't let anyone else tell you different without looking it up first.
Hardly. Stepmania is much better (Stepmania can be played on an arcade machine, and ITG is based on Stepmania's engine), if only for the .mp3 support and skins.
Mogsy

Detective Tuesday wrote:

BeatMania is always fun, but unfortunately it's hard to find in the States. You can buy the US PS2 version to get the controller at the very least.
Umm...maybe if you're playing in an arcade. StepMania with a metal pad otherwise owns it.

BeatMania can be fun, but IIDX is where it's at.
James
@ drag0n

where did you download the client? there are lots of versions out there..
not sure if there are any international ones.
Topic Starter
Drag0n_old

James wrote:

@ drag0n

where did you download the client? there are lots of versions out there..
not sure if there are any international ones.
well i cant really remember >.> well do you have the client link still???
Loginer

Mogsworth wrote:

Detective Tuesday wrote:

Umm...maybe if you're playing in an arcade. StepMania with a metal pad otherwise owns it.
Liar, metal pads are evil. I'm too light for freeze arrows. ;___;
Detective Tuesday

Loginer wrote:

Detective Tuesday wrote:

Hardly. Stepmania is much better (Stepmania can be played on an arcade machine, and ITG is based on Stepmania's engine), if only for the .mp3 support and skins.

Thing about that is, on an SM machine, people can abuse the songs that are just under the limit for a song that counts as 2 songs. The latest revision of In The Groove limits the songs to 2:15, a reasonable stepchart length, so you never have to worry about some jackass playing a bunch of 3 minute songs. Regardless, I was talking about commercial arcade dance games.

Mogsworth wrote:

BeatMania can be fun, but IIDX is where it's at.
I think IIDX is implied whenever BeatMania is mentioned. Better not bank on that one though.
show more