forum

Horie Yui with UNSCANDAL - Scramble

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
jmaeshawn
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Tuesday, October 28, 2008 at 8:52:39 PM

Artist: Horie Yui with UNSCANDAL
Title: Scramble
BPM: 131
Filesize: 18523kb
Play Time: 01:26
Difficulties Available:
  1. Tenma (1.1 stars, 70 notes)
  2. Harima (3.82 stars, 150 notes)
Download: Horie Yui with UNSCANDAL - Scramble
Download: Horie Yui with UNSCANDAL - Scramble (no video)
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
This is my fourth beatmap, "Scramble" by Horie Yui with UNSCANDAL. It is also the opening to the first season of School Rumble.

I decided to make it since Scramble is such a great song, plus the fact that season 3 (san gakki) just came out means people are having a renewed interest in the show and its songs. So, here it is, ready for ranking. :)

The offset is now good thanks to peppy, and I made sure to use good beatspacing. I hope this one will soon be my second ranked song! :D

Have fun playing it and any comments or suggestions to make it better are appreciated!

EDIT1: Added Easy difficulty.
EDIT2: Renamed Easy to "Tenma" and Normal to "Harima".
EDIT3: Harima difficulty: Changed Offset, re-snapped, and adjusted slider positions, and decreased drain rate a bit according to darkbluetornado's suggestions in IRC.
EDIT4: Harima difficulty: Changed Offset, re-snapped, and adjusted slider positions according to peppy's suggestions. Thanks peppy! :)
EDIT5: Added more beats to Harima difficulty as per darkbluetornado's request.
EDIT6: Re-offsetted and re-snapped Tenma and Harima difficulties and made changes to beats in Tenma difficulty, with Echo49's help. Thank you! (Also made a few beatspacing adjustments to compensate for the moving the beats.)
EDIT7: Re-offsetted and re-snapped Tenma and Harima difficulties again and moved the one beat like rolled suggested in Harima difficulty.Thanks for helping again!
EDIT8: Added School Rumble theme to make it match with my other new School Rumble maps.
peppy
bpm131,
offset105 or so

Set those in the timing panel, then change your snap divisor to 1/2 and resnap all notes, recalculate slider lengths.

And a few tips:

Harima difficulty:
00:57:81 (17,18) - spaced too close
overall, increase your slider speed considerable. they feel too slow for the harder patterns and overall difficulty.
Topic Starter
jmaeshawn
Just to let everyone know, I updated this map several times... (sorry about forgetting to post about it until now)

Are there any takers willing to spare this great anime song a star? :D
Echo
offset 90 and resnap at 1/4

you need to do it once for each map

after that, some manual fixes:

easy:
00:40:28 (6,7) - move forward 1/4
00:43:14 (10,11,1) - move back by 1/4
00:55:05 (6) - move back by 1/4
00:55:96 (7) - move forward by 1/4
01:11:42 (8) - move forward by 1/4, shorten by 1/4
01:24:93 (1,2,3,4) - move back by 1/4

hard seems fine
Topic Starter
jmaeshawn
I updated and fixed both difficulties according to echo49's help.

Thank you!

Hope that the map is good enough for ranking now! :)
Rolled
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
jmaeshawn
Thanks for looking at my map, rolled. :) I updated things as you suggested, and it turned out very nice. Hope it gets ranked soon.

A question though, is the star supposed to disappear every time I update the map? :?: :cry:
James
ok i dont see any problems beside a very hard 3.something star map
Topic Starter
jmaeshawn
Thanks for the bubble, James :)

It's 4 stars, but the star ranking is automatic, so I can't help it if it's harder than it looks ;)
Echo
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
qudfo9
Especially, it's very nice to listening to Yui-chan's voice! ;)

And at the chorus part, I couldn't stop amazed cuz' of that Dizzy Sliders! :o

I was sure this will be ranked! :)
Sparky_old
Very nicely done on this, this song is indeed awesome. Love the round and round sliders for that part of the song, really nice effect.
Saturos
Offset should be ~12ms earlier, and BPM felt .01 or so too fast. Those were my initial thoughts on playing this. I have not confirmed it in the editor due to laziness~

Download: Paramore - Fences (Armin) [Normal - Collab].osu
awp
Offset is fine imo but the bpm is in fact 130.99