forum

Utada Hikaru - Simple And Clean -PLANITb Remix- (Short Edit)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ujumg
:D this is my first beatmap :lol:

EDIT:V4
-change easy.normal to narmal,hard
-add easy
-edit some beat
-fit movie
http://peppy.chigau.com/files/Utada%20Hikaru%20-%20Simple%20And%20Clean%20-PLANITb%20Remix-%20(Short%20Edit).osz
Extor
Very good for your first beatmap.

Now, the critics:

My only complain with this is the spacing between the notes, sometimes, the notes goes for a 1/2 speed to 1 without something telling the player that. You should make the spaces between the 1/2 notes smaller.

And need you to make an easy version of this beatmap, can you do that please? =3

Cya!
awp
Normal (Hard?) mode's notes are pretty widely spaced which isn't exactly a bad thing (it'd play great on the DS) but damn do you ever need to be precise - those buggers're smaller than I'm used to. No real qualms with this except for the above mentioned occasionally breaking consistancy. I'm a Kingdom Hearts nerd so I found it rather enjoyable. It's a good song to do a beatmap to...I was going to do this myself, but you've saved me the trouble.
peppy
Bump back to page 1. Can one more mod check this? ;)
awp

peppy wrote:

Bump back to page 1. Can one more mod check this? ;)
Is my word not good enough?! /kickban awp

oh, the pain!
peppy
Do you read your PMs? :P
awp
Not religiously, sir!

0 new messages, sir!
awp
Back on track:

Easy mode - for the most part this is spot on (the spinner at the end has great finisher timing) but there are a few instances where the beats shift mid-play without any sort of warning. Yes, they conform to the timing, but it's so sudden and unexpected it breaks the consistency of the song, so trying working with it to make it more seamless if you wish to change what the beats match up with.

Normal mode - beats are more awesome. The only issue with it is, mostly near the middle of the song, some of them are a little too spaced out, and even though I'm expecting them, it's a bit of a "flick of the wrist and hope for the best" situation. The spots where they're more reasonably spaced just feel better because it's more of a groove from one note to another and not a sporadic jump.
eyup
I think the distance between beats is OK in Normal mode. But as Extor said, the space between beats is not very intuitive at the moment. Try and follow the general rule that notes close together in the timeline should be close together on the screen, and vice versa. This is only a rule of thumb, you can use your discretion to work out how the beats space out. ...Or you can hold Alt while placing beats to have them peppy-style.
Topic Starter
ujumg
thank you for comments :D
awp
Very comfortable with Normal mode. As far as I'm concerned, that one's ready for the ranks.

Some of the beats on the first half of Easy mode seem to be a bit off - particularly with the sliders. They seem to come in at an odd time; you might want to look over them a bit. It shouldn't take very long at all.
peppy
Bumping this one because it was edited and should be ready now.
awp
I'd say Hard mode is, but the way the beats fall on the half-beats on easy can get a little confusing. The spacing is fine, but the timing/use of the beats often alludes to the vocals, but the notes don't always sync up with them. Since it sticks to the beat I'm not gonna hold it against you, though.

Something to keep in mind for the future: don't be afraid to drag that snap slider to the 1/4 beat marker to get vocal precision.