forum

Are sliders draining too much energy? [Resolved in b121] [resolved]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
ZZT the Fifth
As far as I can tell, in Ouendan and EBA, the life bar drop on sliders seems to be directly proportional to the drain rate. I think the life bar is supposed to drop at 2 or 3 times the drain rate of the song while you're missing dots on a slider. But as far as I can tell, you just take seperate, hard hits for each dot you miss, even on the lowest lifebar drain setting. Is this how the game is actually supposed to work?
peppy
You tell me :). As far as I could see in ouendan, missing ticks was pretty harsh. At the moment in osu!, every tick results in the same loss as getting a miss on a hit circle. This has been brought up before, and I am happy to change this if it would make things closer to ouendan.
Kylecito
Life drain is spot on, as it's adjustable. Though slider ticks on ouendan drain half the hp a normal note does ;P
Topic Starter
ZZT the Fifth
Well, here's an idea. Why don't you give the mapmaker the option to use different life drain settings for sliders? One option to have things the way they are, and another to have them as my suggestion puts it.

Because, really, what if you have a one-star song with minimum life drain and you fail the song due to missing one-quarter of a track where the dots are scrunched together? That would just be silly. :P

...Since we're on the topic, is life loss from misses also proportional to HP drain rate, or is it static as well?

Edit: Ah, I think Kylecito might have the solution. Possibly.
peppy
I'm all for halving the life drain on sliders - that sounds very fair. Also to answer your question, the miss penalty is very dependant on difficulty currently.