forum

Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog (Jed Whedon, Joss Whedon) - S

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Headbang
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Friday, October 03, 2008 at 8:32:18 PM

Artist: Jed Whedon
Title: So They Say
Source: Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog
BPM: 133.88
Filesize: 16033kb
Play Time: 01:56
Difficulties Available:
  1. Normal (2.34 stars, 106 notes)
  2. Hard (3.92 stars, 147 notes)
Download: Jed Whedon - So They Say
Download: Jed Whedon - So They Say (no video)
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Sorry for the title cut-off. So I'm doing a massive undertaking here: I've decided to map every song in Dr. Horrible and put them in a pack, Here's number one.

EDIT: fixed break, tightened up timing. Turned down sounds.

EDIT: Timing should be a little bit better now. Easy Added.

EDIT: Fixed many spacing issues.

EDIT: Timing fixed.

LAST EDIT: Compressed to 15MB. Increased MP3 volume. Changed difficulty names.
Behon
I look forward to the next ones!

You might want to add a break towards the end, during the "he's not answering" bit.
LuigiHann
Yeah, add breaks to any "cut scenes". And lower the sound sample volume, the hit sounds drown out the lyrics. Great HQ video though. The pack is gonna be huge :O

Timing seems mostly good, although there were a few parts where I got a solid stream of 100's. Might have been the result of the sound effects overwhelming the music, though.

Fun map, I look forward to seeing one or two more difficulties :)
James
title is too long Headbang :3
LuigiHann

James wrote:

title is too long Headbang :3
I don't know why the titlebar is displaying the source and the artist tags. If it only showed artist it'd be fine.
ogicu8abruok
oh you beat me to it! i was planning on doing this :P

you skipped the best part of the song :O (FOOOOR a SWEEEAAATER VEST!)
LuigiHann
Timing sounds fine to me, and everything seems nice. Starring this for now. A second difficulty (easier or harder, your choice) would be good. I'll try to bug the other BATs into checking it out.
TLKV3
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
Headbang
actually done already, but I'm having timing issues, so freeze ray is going next instead.
TLKV3
Sweet! I love that song too!
kingcobra52
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
Headbang
29:20 is alt snapped, but I'm at a lower grid level than you so it's not easily fixed.
kingcobra52
Topic Starter
Headbang
Sorry, but James originally recommended I use the original settings because the timing is all the same BPM, but it changes just a little bit with each new section, so it needs to be reset. I tried this setting for timing, and it turned out to be less accurate than before. Even though the sections seem unnecessary, they are spot-on.(I think)
kingcobra52
Hmm...In that case, I see no problem with bubbling this. :)
awp
Pretty sure it's a constant BPM. BPM 133.88 and offset 3912, give or take a few ms? Hmm, kinda tough because it's an awkward non-rounded number but there t'is. Dunno if I should star this though. Eh, it'll take like a few seconds to fix, right?
kingcobra52
Timing is fixed, so I'll rebubble. :)
Dakeyrus
EASY MODE:

1:33:98 - (13),(1) - There should be a break between these, it's a very large gap of time, despite the low HP drain. I would suggest a break or a spinner or something to fill the empty space.

Star'd for now, but once this is fixed I will come back and rank it for you ^.^
Topic Starter
Headbang
There was supposed to be a break there, I just forgot to put it in.
Dakeyrus
EDIT: Unfortunately it's come to my attention that 45MB is too large for the OSZ to be. Replace the video with a smaller version, and also, the artist is too long, even if it IS accurate. Shorten the artist name to just read "Joss Whedon", as he is the primary artist. Also, change the difficulty titles to read Normal and Hard instead of Easy and Normal.

Re-Starred for now.
show more