forum

happy30 - let me smile again [CatchTheBeat]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
MBomb
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on 03 January 2019 at 19:34:18

Artist: happy30
Title: let me smile again
Tags: magic bomb happy thirty Broken Pieces of Truth Piano jbhyperion instrumental
BPM: 81.5
Filesize: 10396kb
Play Time: 06:11
Difficulties Available:
  1. memories (2.06 stars, 497 notes)
Download: happy30 - let me smile again
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
"I will never forget the happiness you gave me."

Hitsounds by JBHyperion added as of 04/12/18.

If you want to listen to more of happy30's amazing music, go to his youtube channel, here. And for those interested, this is the same happy30 that maps in osu.

Find the album this song is from on Spotify here!
DeletedUser_6709840
From my lazy queue to make you smile again :^)

Memories

General:

Shouldn't the HP be 4 since it's more of a Salad with hard dashes?

Combo color 1 is very dark. I would be nice it it was lightened up a bit because it blends into the dimmed background a bit compared to the rest of your combo colors and it would be more aesthetically pleasing if the colors were in a similar range to each other. I personally feel a color around this shade would fit better:
 Combo1 : 0,128,64

On the kiais, I'd make the hitsound volume at 45% or 50% to give some emphasis to those sections.

03:14:377 (4) – There should be an NC here since the catcher load seems a bit heavy.

06:06:647 (3) – Put an NC here too for the same reason^

06:08:120 – You could add a a green line here to lower the volume of this spinner since the music is fading out and the bananas are a bit loud.

Pattern:

00:31:678 (4,1) – I think it would be a better idea to make this walk-able and let the song build up more until you start to add dashes.

00:57:445 (3) – This anti-flow doesn't make sense to me here they way it's being used because this is supposed to be more like a Salad and the movement is very awkward for newer players to do. If you're gonna use anti-flow, wouldn't it make more sense to use a hold slider here so the movement is more smooth and still keeps the anti-flow effect, like so:

05:15:114 (1) – Again, similar to above^ I don't get why you're using this type of antiflow.

Nice job.
wonjae
this song is so good...
ill start to mod after you reply to roseus
Topic Starter
MBomb

RoseusJaeger wrote:

From my lazy queue to make you smile again :^)

Memories

General:

Shouldn't the HP be 4 since it's more of a Salad with hard dashes? - HP5 feels fine to me given the slowness and the dashes are a bit hard for salad level.

Combo color 1 is very dark. I would be nice it it was lightened up a bit because it blends into the dimmed background a bit compared to the rest of your combo colors and it would be more aesthetically pleasing if the colors were in a similar range to each other. I personally feel a color around this shade would fit better: - Lightened up a bit, but not that suggestion.
 Combo1 : 0,128,64

On the kiais, I'd make the hitsound volume at 45% or 50% to give some emphasis to those sections. - I will change stuff like this when I get around to hitsounding.

03:14:377 (4) – There should be an NC here since the catcher load seems a bit heavy. - Done.

06:06:647 (3) – Put an NC here too for the same reason^ - Yeah.

06:08:120 – You could add a a green line here to lower the volume of this spinner since the music is fading out and the bananas are a bit loud. - Again, will do with hitsounding.

Pattern:

00:31:678 (4,1) – I think it would be a better idea to make this walk-able and let the song build up more until you start to add dashes. - I think that this is a good time to start adding dashes, and the note's pitch change is strong enough to suggest it.

00:57:445 (3) – This anti-flow doesn't make sense to me here they way it's being used because this is supposed to be more like a Salad and the movement is very awkward for newer players to do. If you're gonna use anti-flow, wouldn't it make more sense to use a hold slider here so the movement is more smooth and still keeps the anti-flow effect, like so: - I want to keep the curve antiflow here, however, I made the movement a bit less awkward by tweaking the slider a bit.

05:15:114 (1) – Again, similar to above^ I don't get why you're using this type of antiflow. - Same as above.

Nice job.
Thanks for the mod!
wonjae
soooooo gooood

let me die please
00:55:972 (1) - I feel like the piano note at 00:56:341 should be emphasised more as it does make some major noise. I would make the slider a 1/2 one and put a note where it originally ended or maybe a repeat slider.

01:07:752 (1) - same with above

01:15:114 (4) - hmmm i feel like with the curved slider here, 01:26:893 (4) - this can also be curved cuz they're basically the same.

01:35:727 (1) - if youre going to spice up a slider for one part, i would add more sliders like this to the other combos since this one by itself looks really off when playing because its just some random slider that isnt as horizontal as the other ones. ex this one 01:41:617 (1)

01:38:672 (1) - again same with the above two, i think that chossing which slider curves should be consistant instead of reserved for one in the beginning or the middle.

02:05:175 (1) - should be curved for consistancy and to help people with this dash imo.

02:25:052 (5) - i feel like this can have more movement or be farther away from the previous slider.

03:18:795 (1) - although i agree that dashes should be here in these notes, i think that the dash for these guys is a bit too much since the notes arnt as loud. I would nerf the distance. The antiflow for this also makes it another reason why a nerf would be better for new players.

04:16:586 (2) - aaaa, the double jump here can look really intimidating/surprising. i would nerf the distance from 2.

04:18:795 (6) - this one too, i think that its pretty strong especially with that slider right after.

05:01:862 (2) - yes there is a little bit of emphasis on this guy but i dont think that its enough to justify a dash here. (and for like every note in this slow section)

06:07:567 (6,7) - i think these two can be combined into a slider because its a note in the stream that got drawn out.

i got really lazy at the end :/

good map and good song though,
happy30
try these hitsounds.
they're some softened highhats

http://puu.sh/snqPR/162a558330.rar
Topic Starter
MBomb

Paranoid Grapes wrote:

soooooo gooood

let me die please
00:55:972 (1) - I feel like the piano note at 00:56:341 should be emphasised more as it does make some major noise. I would make the slider a 1/2 one and put a note where it originally ended or maybe a repeat slider. - There were lots of side piano notes at this point, I preferred to stick to the higher pitch main piano here.

01:07:752 (1) - same with above - Same.

01:15:114 (4) - hmmm i feel like with the curved slider here, 01:26:893 (4) - this can also be curved cuz they're basically the same. - Done.

01:35:727 (1) - if youre going to spice up a slider for one part, i would add more sliders like this to the other combos since this one by itself looks really off when playing because its just some random slider that isnt as horizontal as the other ones. ex this one 01:41:617 (1) - It doesn't play that differently from a horizontal slider, so it doesn't look that weird, it just adds a bit of variety.

01:38:672 (1) - again same with the above two, i think that chossing which slider curves should be consistant instead of reserved for one in the beginning or the middle. - Like I said, it doesn't have that much of an effect on actual play here.

02:05:175 (1) - should be curved for consistancy and to help people with this dash imo. - Done.

02:25:052 (5) - i feel like this can have more movement or be farther away from the previous slider. - Increased a bit.

03:18:795 (1) - although i agree that dashes should be here in these notes, i think that the dash for these guys is a bit too much since the notes arnt as loud. I would nerf the distance. The antiflow for this also makes it another reason why a nerf would be better for new players. - Dashes here make sense for the change in strength, rather than the strength of the note itself.

04:16:586 (2) - aaaa, the double jump here can look really intimidating/surprising. i would nerf the distance from 2. - Decreased a bit.

04:18:795 (6) - this one too, i think that its pretty strong especially with that slider right after. - Yeah, done.

05:01:862 (2) - yes there is a little bit of emphasis on this guy but i dont think that its enough to justify a dash here. (and for like every note in this slow section) - I think the strength is enough to justify dashes here.

06:07:567 (6,7) - i think these two can be combined into a slider because its a note in the stream that got drawn out. - Every other note in the stream is a circle, so surely this one should be too, as it is part of the same stream?

i got really lazy at the end :/

good map and good song though,
Thanks for the mod!
BoberOfDarkness
Okay so lets mod that!

General and stuff
  1. 00:00:022 - I would start map here since music is almost same dense as 00:23:580 -
  2. you really undermapped the song to point the map have rhythm I would expect more in Cup not in difficulty rather Salad-based

• More stuff
  1. 00:24:316 - 00:26:156 - 00:27:261 - 00:30:206 - 00:32:046 - sounds like those feels worth mapping
  2. 01:07:752 - starting here you should follow more piano sounds so more 1/4 I would like to see here. Every note like 01:08:120 - 01:09:592 - 01:09:960 - could be mapped
  3. 01:09:224 (3,1) - I don't like idea of using same reverse sliders in row, for (1) you could make more denser pattern like 1/2 + note at 3/4 and another 1/2 slider
  4. 01:14:009 - feels very important to map
  5. 01:19:899 - ^ and you ignored more of those strong piano sounds no idea for what reason
  6. 01:29:837 (2,3,1,2,1) - timeline feels to simple that makes map a bit boring
  7. 01:34:255 (4,5,1,2,3,4,1) - same with this 1/2 spam, and next one as well
  8. 02:41:985 - so here is kiai start and you keep same density what makes map really undermapped, more notes should be welcome here!

pattering feels nice but I think you should work over timeline
SYAHME
Placeholder
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.