forum

System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
[deleted user]
System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.GraphicsAdapter' threw an exception. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.GraphicsAdapter.InitializeAdapterList()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.GraphicsAdapter..cctor()
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.GraphicsAdapter.get_Adapters()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GraphicsDeviceManager.CheckForAvailableSupportedHardware()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GraphicsDeviceManager.ChangeDevice(Boolean forceCreate)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GraphicsDeviceManager.Microsoft.Xna.Framework.IGraphicsDeviceManager.CreateDevice()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Run()
at osu.Program.Main()

That's the error I got when I ran the program. All my files are sitting my D:/ Drive by it's own folder. Both the administrative and limited accounts had the same error.
HAAAAEEEeeeeeeELLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!
Sorry if this has been fixed before- I searched around the forum for a bit but didn't find the same problem or a fix.

Edit: Okay, so I went to install the Microsoft XNA Framework Redistributable 1.0 Refresh from another topic.

However, I don't have Service Pack 2 so hopefully that isn't the solution.
peppy
What graphics card do you have?
Topic Starter
[deleted user]
Sorry, but wow do I check for it?
peppy
Try adding the following line to osu!.cfg (open it in notepad).

GraphicsFix = 1

If that doesn't work, then your graphics card does not support the game.
Topic Starter
[deleted user]
I could only find the osu.exe and the updater. I tried searching for the .cfg but I don't know where it is.
[deleted user]
I Think I have a similar error. It's the following:
"An error has occurred. Please report this in the forums along with any more information you can provide!

Microsoft.Xna.Framework.NoSuitableGraphicsDeviceException: Could not find a Direct3D device that has a Direct3D9-level driver and supports pixel shader 1.1 or greater.
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GraphicsDeviceManager.CheckForAvailableSupportedHardware()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GraphicsDeviceManager.ChangeDevice(Boolean forceCreate)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GraphicsDeviceManager.Microsoft.Xna.Framework.IGraphicsDeviceManager.CreateDevice()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Run()
at osu.Program.Main()"

And about the questions you made, I have a Geforce F4 MX 64MB and 256 RAM
and I couldn't find the osu.cfg either. there was an osu.dll, but when I tried opening it on notepad it just came out as a bunch of random characters
please help!
peppy
Geforce 4 MX cards do not have any shader model support. Therefore you cannot run osu!.

Geforce 3 cards, or Geforce 4 non-mx series cards will run fine, as will any Radeon ~8800+.
[deleted user]

peppy wrote:

Geforce 4 MX cards do not have any shader model support. Therefore you cannot run osu!.

Geforce 3 cards, or Geforce 4 non-mx series cards will run fine, as will any Radeon ~8800+.
Damn! I REALLY need to change my graphics card!
well, too bad. But thanks for the help!
Beginner_old
i can't start the updater it says this:

Exception:

initilation error.

then i push ok.

the i get this error
aplication eror:

exception EAcessViolation in module osume.exe at 0001E4F1
acces violation adress 0001E4F1 in module 'osume.exe'. read of adres 00000000

and i have a nvidia geforce 5700 fx graphics card
peppy
If you get an initialisation error when running osume.exe, install the .NET Framework using the link above!
This message is on the download page.
Topic Starter
[deleted user]
Hey, do you mind pointing me towards the .cfg?
peppy
You still haven't mentioned what graphics card you have. The probable case is that it does not support Shader Model, therefore osu! will not run. Editing the configuration file works on a small number of systems only.

If you still wish to try, create a new file called osu!.cfg and add a single line inside it:
GraphicsFix = 1