forum

Problem with v. b394a

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Random_old
I've already reported this problem to peppy in IRC: since I've updated from b370 to b394a version using osume.exe , the game doesn't run correctly. I haven't changed any hardware/software configuration or ffdshow.

My game every about 2 seconds "freezes" for about 0.5 sec.(do you appreciate my precision? :lol: ), both during songs and in the beatmap selection screen ( I see it watching the flowing stars on the background).
In other words, it looks like the transition of end-animation/start-animation that you can see in some animated gif ...
In a music game like osu, this bug makes the game unplayable.

I've already tried to re-install both osu and ffdshow, or to change video options in osu,but the bug is still present.

I'd be curious to see if the previous version can run correctly. So can I download the b370 version installer?

Thanks fo support.
RemmyX25
Are shaders turned off? It sounds like what happens to me when my shaders are ON, but thats because I have a shitty laptop.

And in answer to your question,

Random wrote:

I'd be curious to see if the previous version can run correctly. So can I download the b370 version installer?
afaik, you can't downgrade versions
Topic Starter
Random_old
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
RemmyX25

Random wrote:

I need only the b370 setup.exe to re-install osu.
Which means downgrading your osu!. At least I think it does...

Are there any other programs running that may lag osu!? Anti-Virus auto-scans and Spyware scans tend to do be the culprit, but it could be any other program.
Topic Starter
Random_old
Ok ,we have different ways to see the word downgrade :lol: lol

I've only Antivir free that works in background ,but I always had it...
Then I've checked all the active processes and I know all of them,they're safe and necessaries.

Anyway.Do you think peppy could give me the previous setup? I've tried everything, I don't see other solutions(except throwing out the window my shitty pc ;) ).
peppy
Could you state your system specs again, just to make things clear?

I'd like to send you a test version of osu! to see if it helps at all. Contact me in the next few hours if you are still online.. else we'll figure something out tomorrow night around the same time.
Topic Starter
Random_old
Thanks peppy!

My specs(don't laugh):

Intel Celeron
Windows XP Home(SP3)
CPU 2.40Ghz
512MB ram
video card: ATI Radeon 9550 (256MB)
Sound card: Realtek (don't remember well, because not concerned)

About when I'll be online I don't know,sorry.It's almost random(no reference to my nick :D ).
However,many thanks, I'll be happy to receive the test version.
peppy
As a test, are you able to run osu! with Task Manager open to the processes tab, and monitor the CPU column? If you order descending by cpu usage, it is easy to see if another app is grabbing your system resources away from osu!, causing the freezes you speak of. Also it would be good to note the average cpu% osu! is consuming.
Topic Starter
Random_old
-In beatmap selection:
memory used: about 4000-5000 KB
CPU: 14-20 %

-playing a beatmap:
memory used: about the same (except when the game loads the song in the very beginning)
CPU: about 40-70 %

-Processes using 2-3% of CPU : comodo firewall,svchost,firefox. Idle Cicle of System: 60-90%. I don't think there's something wrong in those.
peppy
And you are getting these pauses at the main menu as well?

Did you check your vertical sync options in your display (graphics) drivers and try toggling framrate limiter in the osu! options?
Topic Starter
Random_old
My vertical sync option is set to "Managed by application".

Yes, I tried toggling the framerate but nothing changes.
Topic Starter
Random_old
peppy, is the test version ready?
My game is unplayable :cry:
peppy
As I said, contact me on IRC. I'm not sure it will change anything though - it really sounds like something on your system causing it, as out of the other 26000 players, noone has complained.