forum

Suemitsu and the Suemith - Allegro Cantabile Sound

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Oddbrother
This is the theme song for the anime series, Nodame Cantabile. I'm currently using half of its total BPM in order to measure distance between beats. Since I hold down the ALT key, I feel as though the beats are way to spaced out. So I halved the BPM in order to counter-act this and measure a proper distance.

Later on, when I'm done with the entire beatmap and at least 5 difficulties, I'm going to double the BPM again back to its original (as I change the BPM in edit mode, all beats are stuck in their position with the song) and set the slider tick rate back to 1. I wanna try and maintain the current slider speed from the halved BPM. What should the velocity be set to?

Download here
peppy
You should halve the velocity if you double the BPM.

I was thinking - maybe the alt-spacing needs to be toned down in the editor in general? I wonder if it would work better always at 0.5x the slider speed...
LuigiHann
I'm looking forward to seeing this completed. Fun show, fun song. A bit too early to comment on your beatmap, but I am happy to hear you plan to make all the difficulties.
Topic Starter
Oddbrother
Beginner has been finished. Have fun with it for a while. I know I did. :D

Download: SUEMITSU & THE SUEMITH - Allegro Cantabile Sound (Oddbrother) [Beginner].osu
LuigiHann
I like this a lot. Very nice touch at the end :mrgreen: I can't think of anything to criticize, except perhaps the lack of a background. I assume you have something in mind, but if not, here's something I made for my Cantabile skin (peppy said that future updates will allow skins to include grayscale background images...) Feel free to use it, colorize it, paste images over it, or disregard it, whatever you want.

peppy
I think I'll have to add in an option for beatmap creators to force a skin on a per-song basis :D. Will add this tonight I think.