forum

Hatsune Miku - Can't Defeat Airman

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
kingcobra52
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Sunday, August 30, 2009 at 2:44:20 PM

Artist: Hatsune Miku
Title: Can't Defeat Airman
BPM: 200
Filesize: 17409kb
Play Time: 03:12
Difficulties Available:
  1. Airman Training (2.26 stars, 189 notes)
  2. Airman (3.43 stars, 289 notes)
  3. Saturos! (4.86 stars, 418 notes)
Download: Hatsune Miku - Can't Defeat Airman
Download: Hatsune Miku - Can't Defeat Airman (no video)
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Hatsune Miku returns with an osu classic. :)

Note: 'Airman' difficulty is inspired by the original airman found here, so expect the same obscure spacing in this difficulty only.

Comments are welcome.

Edit 1: Normal complete.
Edit 2: Changed normal to 'airman'.
Edit 3: Airman Training (Easy) added.
Edit 4: Saturos! (Hard/Insane) added.
Edit 5: Temp. unrank to re-add video and minor storyboard.
James
whoever made this song is awesome.
awp
BPM: 200
Offset 2645 (give or take about 5ms, this one seems to waver between base and snare a good amount)

Miku sounds too robotic in this song =|
K-S-O
Long spinners are long. They should be shortened with added breaks, especially at 02:38:53.

Also, the spacing for the 4-combo at 2:49:44 is too large.
Card N'FoRcE
Great map, but I think:
2:03:84 - (1) is too far
2:05:04 - (5) same
2:38:64 - break?
2:49:44_2:50:34 - maybe too much spacing for a normal map :P
2:51:84 - same as 2:03:84
lukewarmholiday
:| only 11 100s which is insane for my poor accuracy. nothing really bothered me.

2:03:84 - (1) is too far
2:05:04 - (5) same
2:38:64 - break?
2:49:44_2:50:34 - maybe too much spacing for a normal map :P
2:51:84 - same as 2:03:84
jesus play the original airman
Card N'FoRcE

lukewarmholiday wrote:

jesus play the original airman
What does that mean?
That is a different map, and since we got rules for the spacing i was suggesting that those spots are wrongly spaced.
The original Airman is from October 2007, when we didn't have these rules.
Lots of maps don't get ranked because of this, but this one can because it's "Airman"?

Please, I don't want to fight, but you can't tell me these things.
Topic Starter
kingcobra52
Ok, I guess I should clarify what I'm planning to do with this.

Normal's going to be the only difficulty that will mimic the style of the original airman. I figure since many osu players have played the original and know how it goes, it'd be alright to do this. If the BAT's say otherwise though, I'll change it.

Easy and Hard will both follow the new standards for beatmapping. I won't even look at the original airman when mapping them. :P

I'll also rename the difficulties accordingly so it'd be easy to tell which is which.

Hope that clears things up.
Card N'FoRcE
Well, I'm ok, if you write it in the difficulty name and if you make other difficulties.

I will simply avoid playing that difficulty, since I hate Airman spacing; I never cleared it because i always lose my mind.

Good luck on the map, the song is cool.
awp

kingcobra52 wrote:

Normal's going to be the only difficulty that will mimic the style of the original airman. I figure since many osu players have played the original and know how it goes, it'd be alright to do this. If the BAT's say otherwise though, I'll change it.
The only thing you should change on Normal is the difficulty name, imo. All the Airman tributes are grand - maybe call it Airman or Airhead or something, because "Normal" is not entirely, well, accurate.
Topic Starter
kingcobra52
Ok. A hard/insane difficulty is finally up...with a little twist.

You'll notice it when you try it out. :P

Saturos is gonna kill me. ><
Kai
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.

Download: Croove - Enemy Storm (ignorethis) [HD].osu
Topic Starter
kingcobra52
No comment on my little addition to hard? :P
machol30
lol!! Saturos!? Where did that come from? ahahahaha!

Anyway, I will look at this eventually as soon as I can. I think I have a few beatmaps I still gotta remod since some have updated. :P
eirrol
...I almost became insane after I hear this one
THIS IS INSANE!! MIKU CANNOT SING THIS. THUNDER HIT ME AND I'M DYING
machol30
Just WOW!! I just played Saturos! difficulty. This is like one of the best beatmaps ever in existence! Seriously! Awesome job!!

/me checks others.

edit: Why isn't this ranked??? Seriously! I give it a 10 out of 10 and I add to my favorites list! ;)
MaxwellDemon
For the Airman difficulty, I think you should put some break between the huge gap of spaces you have there (ex. 00:53:04 - 00:55:14) since the drain is SOOOO high. XD

Same thing with the Saturos! difficulty at 02:38:64 - 02:40:74.

I bet even with the break, few people could pass this since the drain is quite high. :P

Reduced a star till then.

By the way... can anyone pass this beast? :P

I am personally against ranking something that is "impassable" for even the top players. Buuut, that is just me. :D

machol30
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
MaxwellDemon
Nonetheless, I am not ranking it until he puts a break in those large gaps. But it is a good thing Saturos is passable despite of the high HP drain. :P
Topic Starter
kingcobra52
show more